TTY: Morrissey's novel "List of the Lost" out in September

I can't imagine him using Morrissey as his pen name. Maybe I'm just odd (probably lol) but I can't picture it plastered across a book cover.

Are there any dragons in it? I hope there are dragons in it! And Elves!

Re: Article: TTY: Morrissey's novel ”List of the Lost” out in September

Well, he apparently cares enough for that name to have it on his gravestone ;)

I'm sorry?

I hope so then I can tell him it's because of him I have children.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I don't know what's more strange... That scenario, you having kids because of Moz or you having kids full stop. Bizarre...

But yeah. This is huge. It's going to be difficult reading course material come late september...

I can't imagine him using Morrissey as his pen name. Maybe I'm just odd (probably lol) but I can't picture it plastered across a book cover.

I can picture it. After all, the great writers are known best by their surnames.

It could be a novel about a boy growing up, each year losing something that once was very important to him: a yoyo, a comic, a favourite record, a jacket. His parents. His siblings. Each item is important to a major event in his life. The 'list of the lost' is a diary he has been keeping so he doesn't forget the parts of his life that made it worth living. Finally he starts losing his memory and has to write everything down. In his final moments it all comes back to him, his lost things returned as he sinks into death. That would be bloody brilliant. If Moz didn't write it then I will!

I don't know what's more strange... That scenario, you having kids because of Moz or you having kids full stop. Bizarre...

But yeah. This is huge. It's going to be difficult reading course material come late september...

Your not very good at this Gregor I suggest you do your homework and visit the Australian book signing posts.
Report back when you've worked it out.

Well, I'd be surprised if Moz hadn't already purchased his real estate at Hollywood Forever. ("Let's face it, soon I will be dead.") Valerie Harper already got her's. Me, I could never even afford residential real estate, but I'm sure I have enough to buy myself a plot in a less glamorous cemetary. Put my name on the "List of the Lost."

#ListOfTheLost

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/28873

"I always felt I wanted nothing more than my name, birth date, death date and all three names, Steven Patrick Morrissey," he said. "And I've even considered putting money down for reserving a spot."

It could be a novel about a boy growing up, each year losing something that once was very important to him: a yoyo, a comic, a favourite record, a jacket. His parents. His siblings. Each item is important to a major event in his life. The 'list of the lost' is a diary he has been keeping so he doesn't forget the parts of his life that made it worth living. Finally he starts losing his memory and has to write everything down. In his final moments it all comes back to him, his lost things returned as he sinks into death. That would be bloody brilliant. If Moz didn't write it then I will!

Sounds like an optimistic and fantastical outcome to an otherwise hellish journey of a person with Alzheimer's.

Moz would be wise to let me edit his books. Which goofs are you referring to? Like when he said he had been robbed rather than burglarized?

#RejectingAnimalProductsIsEasy

I am looking forward to this, but I hope this time he has put his ego to one side and allowed an editor to go through the text before publication. There were a few embarrassing goofs in 'Autobiography' that any half-decent editor would have corrected.

He lives for the written word , and people come second or possibly third ....
He needs a forceful editor but i dont think that will have been the case .. would love it to be good but not hopeful

The best thing about this novel is that Jesse can't ruin it.
Well, at least in print form. I suppose halfway through the audiobook reading by David Morrissey he could suddenly start making sounds like elephants being raped on his guitar.

Your not very good at this Gregor I suggest you do your homework and visit the Australian book signing posts.
Report back when you've worked it out.

Not very good at what? Keeping track of all the insane posts posted on these insane boards by ludicrous trolls such as yourself?

And to the anonymous poster who was referring to the gravestone;
I had forgotten about that quote. I stand corrected!

I'm expecting this to be pretty good.

Then again, I expected Autobiography to be a dud and I was wrong. So, based on my track-record, it will probably be rubbish.

Cool. Hmmm - I wonder if it's about the adventures of the lost souls who generally make up 'the list' in the queue before each Morrissey show? ;)

Stop thinking. You'll hurt yourself :)

Upon hearing the title, my literal mind went to people missing or departed en masse -- Bridge of San Luis Rey kinda thing. I hope I enjoy the read as much as I've enjoyed spending the last 20 minutes speculating over the title.

Re: Article: TTY: Morrissey's novel "List of the Lost" out in September

What a shame Penguin doesn't have a record label as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm expecting this to be pretty good.

Then again, I expected Autobiography to be a dud and I was wrong. So, based on my track-record, it will probably be rubbish.

Why did you think Autobiography would be a dud?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom