TTY: New Morrissey T-shirt

- OLink from an anonymous person:

New Morrissey T-shirt - true-to-you.net
15 March 2017

39758_baldwin_tshirt.jpg

Available at forthcoming Morrissey shows in North America.
Also available on Mporium.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
Hi rifke good to hear from you.

Because I must !
Please be aware that in your absence we now have a small minded poster onboard who insists on us all spilling corrictly :drama:

* running :thumb:

It posts by the name of P J or something or other.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend rifke.

Benny-the-British-Butcher (for you only) :greatbritain::knife::kiss:
oh dear, i can't believe i did that, oh my, that is embarrassing. oh benny, thank you ever so for your concern in helping me avoid any run-ins with small minded posters. i will try to be more fastidious with my typing! mwah! have a good weekend yourself!

nah my morrissey letter writing days are over, so morrissey is just shit out of luck. i have, as they say on oprah, moved on. i may take up writing prison inmates instead-- you can support me by sending me candy and dutch bag cakes. thanks in advance!

Only if you promise me the candy and the Dutch bag cakes are for you and not for the prison inmates. :p

Morrissey is simply out of old cult heroes and therefor dwelled into black culture and Baldwin wearing black and being black was perfect Morrissey humour that also adds a twist that means we end up debating it. Still cannot kick this feeling of a white guy pretending to know what it means to be black which is worse that racism somehow.

But that was in 1992!
Maybe he was wrong? Give him some slack, for christsake.
Maybe he changed his mind a bit since then, hmm? No, he is not allowed.

And even much longer before he expressed his appreciation about a lot of black music and people like Dionne Warwick, Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets, songs like Young, Gifted And Black, The Ronettes.

He likes James Baldwin, the other James (Brown) too.
He said it. Would a real racist say that? I can't believe it.

The only mild criticism you could have is he said it when they were no longer with us.
But that only confirms another, more or less selfloathing statement he made too, like "All the people I like are those who are dead".

Read his reply properly. He was talking about people in general. He was saying in 1992 that there will always be hate between human beings, and how right he was. Go on the streets and watch the news in 2017. I don't know why people ever saw something fishy in this reply. Maybe because I think the same. It is a realistic outlook on life. Most things on this planet you can't erase completely. You can go on and try to make it better for everyone, but ultimately you can't erase it. This is a fact that many idealistic people in history struggled with.

Morrissey is simply out of old cult heroes and therefor dwelled into black culture and Baldwin wearing black and being black was perfect Morrissey humour that also adds a twist that means we end up debating it. Still cannot kick this feeling of a white guy pretending to know what it means to be black which is worse that racism somehow.
It's almost as if he comes out of his five star troll hole once in a while to provide the music press and the world in general with material to use against him while at the same time testing the ability of the Mozbots to defend him. He treats the Mozbots the same as he did Kristeen Young, really. They're delusional but good for a laugh.

Or how about

"Where is our boy? Oh, we've lost our boy"

Tour dates/cancellations on the reverse with maybe some gang imagery of knuckle dusters and flick knives.
On a yellow t-shirt, Pantone ref 2371 U (Dubliner Kerrygold yellow)

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know but at this rate Chuck Berry could be getting a full on celebrity death statement from Steven.
You can never tell !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

If the photo was Sylvia Plath instead nobody would have batted an eyelid. I like the tee shirt but a bolder coloured background would have been better.

I had an experience like this as a teen and the Patti Smith song Rock N Roll N*****, those lyrics "outside of society is where I wanna be", felt right because that's where I was compared to the majority. Despite the N-word being sung in the chorus, It's saying it as a word that alienates and vilifies people ( all people/any person) who do not conform to the mainstream way of thinking.
There are many things that alienate people: mental illness is one of those things, being gay is another of those things, as well as being a person of color, or if you're like me, even just being a little strange.
So stay strong Moz, some of us get it.

Last edited:
If the photo was Sylvia Plath instead nobody would have batted an eyelid. I like the tee shirt but a bolder coloured background would have been better.

I agree, but if Plath was on the front, it wouldn't have made sense, at least not to M.

I believe this is the second time M has stated that this Smiths line is not about or just about depression, to him. Just goes to show that most listeners took the line at face value and quickly attributed it to feeling depressed,etc on the inside(so did I). Not saying the listener is wrong for the song is open to interpretation as it should be, but to him he seems to be making the point clearly that for him the line is/was not just about depression. Which should really be of no surprise to anyone, for he has always shown that he has been and still is moved and inspired by certain black artists.

And
M being an artist an individual and outsider it's not difficult to see that he would be moved and would empathize with others (regardless of gender or race) who are outsiders or are treated as outsiders.

Last edited:
Just watched "I, Daniel Blake" a true Northern film that old "Smiths Steve" would have loved before he went all 5* big time dried up Charlie.
R I P Daniel.
Please donate food and feminine hygiene products to your local food bank collection points.:thumb:

Just watched "I, Daniel Blake" a true Northern film that old "Smiths Steve" would have loved before he went all 5* big time dried up Charlie.
R I P Daniel.
Please donate food and feminine hygiene products to your local food bank collection points.:thumb:

Nice try at trying to disguise your Movie Blog as a Morrissey Solo post.

Hurts that the world won't listen eh Benny?

i would have winced at the cliche, since sylvia plath tended to dress more with style in mind than mood, and therefore likely didnt wear black on the outside because black was how she felt on the inside.

RIP Chuck Berry.
The way he introduces Roll Over Beethoven here reminds me of some of Morrissey's diction/self-deprecation/wit:

What was the origin of the "Beethoven Was Deaf" title, anyway?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom