TTY: September UK dates (Hull Sep. 18, London Sep. 20 and 21)

The standing room gigs I've been to here (all over America) have had wildly variant line times. Arrived at a gig at 8 AM and there was no one in front of me once, but by 5 AM at a different gig there were 18 people. Was going to try for 5:30 in London since I'll have just flown in and will be utterly f***ed in the head, but now I'm questioning if that's early enough. Arrival recommendations?

72 quid for a 75 minute concert? has he gone mad? maybe he should show a video of his fans being fleeced.

Keeps going back and forth saying the highest price seating has sold out and then suddenly making it available again. Have standing anyway, but it's a weird glitch~

I bought standing for London on the Sunday but am now thinking £75? £75!!!!!??? It just seems an insane price......

Does anybody else think Ticketmaster are a bunch of dodgy bastards. My mate just tried for New Order tickets and its sold out but Ticketmaster take you straight to their Get me in site, where the tickets are now £71 to £121. How can people buy tickets and get them listed on Get me in within 15 mins or is this Ticketmaster fleecing people?

Does anybody else think Ticketmaster are a bunch of dodgy bastards. My mate just tried for New Order tickets and its sold out but Ticketmaster take you straight to their Get me in site, where the tickets are now £71 to £121. How can people buy tickets and get them listed on Get me in within 15 mins or is this Ticketmaster fleecing people?

The big companies should be doing things to stop scalping, not aiding it, diabolical.

If ticketmaster doesn´t work/ sold out, try www.eventim.co.uk
There are still stall standings.

This site is legit or what? I want to buy them so badly but I'm a student and on top I need to buy a plane tic for 150 quid. Not to mention hotels and food cost. Any advice?

If ticketmaster doesn´t work/ sold out, try www.eventim.co.uk
There are still stall standings.

I wouldn't worry. As of 10:16am London time, there are seats available in all categories on both nights. We've just loaded 4 for both nights into the checkout but, obviously, we wont' be buying them. £73 for 75 minute performance? And people claimed Kate Bush was 'expensive' at £130: FOR A 3 HOUR PERFORMANCE that involved £1million being spent on stage set. Madonna charges £295 but you get all that Cirque De Soleil stuff thrown in, not just someone singing in front of a pub-rock band wearing dodgy v-neck uber-gay fashionista tops and sports slacks.

best
G.O.B.B
The Shire

- - - Updated - - -

This site is legit or what? I want to buy them so badly but I'm a student and on top I need to buy a plane tic for 150 quid. Not to mention hotels and food cost. Any advice?

They own the venue, you fool

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

They own the venue, you fool

best
GOBB

I know, just realized that. I have quite the hangover. Can't think properly. f*** it too expensive to pay 250 quids just for one show and over seas travel

Last edited by a moderator:
The big companies should be doing things to stop scalping, not aiding it, diabolical.

We attended 3 Kraftwerk shows in 24 hours last week at Tivoli Vredenburg in Utrecht. Names were printed on tickets and passport/driving licence/photo ID had to be shown to prove the ticket holder was the same person who booked it. Kate Bush did the same at the Eventim venue in London which Morrissey is playing at. It's really very simple to stop touts if the Artist insists on it. Morrissey doesn't, but it's not that big a problem as he's no longer a hot tickets. Plenty of seats available, we've just loaded 6 standing tickets for each night into the basket then released them. If this was a hot gig, the promoters/ticket agencies would hold back tickets claiming it's 'sold out'. If they are releasing 6 tickets per night to one customer 90 minutes after box office opening, you can be sure there is poor demand for these shows. Given the foolishness of playing the 02 Arena a few months ago, this isn't surprising. He would have had a sell out residency of 3/4 nights at Eventim Hammersmith without having already exhausted the fan-base wallet with the O2 gig. He's not that popular. He's not 'hot' at the moment, but a laughing stock over his outbursts, and the tickets are crazy expensive. £73 for 75 minutes onstage is more expensive than Premier League top-notch football, and obviously, not nearly as exciting.

best
GOBB
The Shire
[thinking about over-priced gigs and hapless touts realising there's no money in Morrissey anymore. LOL!]

It's Ticketmaster along with the Promoter and the Artist. They all agree on a stategy. If there's a high initial demand, claim the gig is sold out then flog on their own re-seller sites such as Get Me In at outrageous 'tout' mark-ups. Morrissey has never objected to this when he was a 'hot' ticket. As today shows, he's no longer more than luke-warm, which will affect his ability to demand the same fees next time. £73 for 75 minutes. He's really taking the piss, but with 6 standing tickets for each night available to load into the checkout basket, it's clear the Great British public are wary of being shafted by this clown again.

best
The Ghost Of BB

Keeps going back and forth saying the highest price seating has sold out and then suddenly making it available again. Have standing anyway, but it's a weird glitch~

It's not a glitch. It's a deliberate attempt to create panic. With the seated areas, they sell the WORST tickets first, to the deluded desperate fans, keeping the best seats to sell to Corporate Customers and on their re-seller tout sites if it's a hot ticket. Morrissey is not 'hot', but he's never objected to colluding with this in the past. Now, he's just another hawker in an overcrowded gig market selling £75 tickets for 75 minutes onstage and then about the same for a couple of tee shirts. But, y'know, he's an icon. And a 'rebel'. Yeah, right.....

best
GOBB
[exploring the userous economics of rock'n'roll in 2015]

It's Ticketmaster along with the Promoter and the Artist. They all agree on a stategy. If there's a high initial demand, claim the gig is sold out then flog on their own re-seller sites such as Get Me In at outrageous 'tout' mark-ups. Morrissey has never objected to this when he was a 'hot' ticket. As today shows, he's no longer more than luke-warm, which will affect his ability to demand the same fees next time. £73 for 75 minutes. He's really taking the piss, but with 6 standing tickets for each night available to load into the checkout basket, it's clear the Great British public are wary of being shafted by this clown again.

best
The Ghost Of BB

Erm - its New Order tickets I was talking about. BTW - I have my tickets for Morrissey, don't care one jot wether its sold or whether he is a hot ticket or not . He is playing, I want to see him, I have tickets, I am happy with that.

he doesnt set the ticket price

Yes he does. Promoters offer him a deal, which clearly shows how they arrive at his guaranteed fee. The contract will show the number of seats/standing, the price per ticket in all areas, the total possible box office and the guaranteed sum the promoter offers to Morrissey Inc for signing. Morrissey is a businessman, you are very foolish to imagine he is anything else, but if it helps you to imagine he's a 'rebel', then that's fine. He's selling snake-oil. 75 mins for £75 ? LOL!

best
GOBB
with a spreadsheet open, looking at some figures....

- - - Updated - - -

Erm - its New Order tickets I was talking about. BTW - I have my tickets for Morrissey, don't care one jot wether its sold or whether he is a hot ticket or not . He is playing, I want to see him, I have tickets, I am happy with that.

Of course you're happy. You are part of a cult. You will pay what the cult leader demands. You will still be there when only the cult remains interested. By the look of today's opening ticket sales, it seems the British Public really aren't that interested in seeing Morrissey again so soon after his Black Curtain Arena Tour.

best
GOBB
[thinking about downloading/loss of recorded music sales/over-crowded gig markets. Etc]

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone give me advise about standing at the Apollo i'm only just over 5 foot and am worried I wont be able to see.I was seated in Birmingham but felt a bit out of it.How early do you reckon you have to queue to get near the front?

Wear 70s platform shoes

best
GOBB

Yes he does. Promoters offer him a deal, which clearly shows how they arrive at his guaranteed fee. The contract will show the number of seats/standing, the price per ticket in all areas, the total possible box office and the guaranteed sum the promoter offers to Morrissey Inc for signing. Morrissey is a businessman, you are very foolish to imagine he is anything else, but if it helps you to imagine he's a 'rebel', then that's fine. He's selling snake-oil. 75 mins for £75 ? LOL!

best
GOBB
with a spreadsheet open, looking at some figures....

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you're happy. You are part of a cult. You will pay what the cult leader demands. You will still be there when only the cult remains interested. By the look of today's opening ticket sales, it seems the British Public really aren't that interested in seeing Morrissey again so soon after his Black Curtain Arena Tour.

best
GOBB
[thinking about downloading/loss of recorded music sales/over-crowded gig markets. Etc]

- - - Updated - - -

Wear 70s platform shoes

best
GOBB

Oh really - I must also be in the cult of James, Echo and The Bunnymen, Buzzcocks and New Order - all bands who I seeing over the next 4 months - or am I simply in the cult of a enjoying live music?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom