TTY: To Me You Are A Work Of Art: Book launch info from editors; Foreword written by Morrissey

An anonymous person posts the link:

To Me You Are A Work Of Art: Book launch information from the book's editors - true-to-you.net
1 February 2016

to_me_you_are_a_work_of_art_book_cover.jpg

To Me You Are A Work Of Art is a photographic collection of tattoos showcasing love, dedication and passion for Morrissey and the Smiths.

This 192-page hardcover book was compiled by Julian Chavez and Anthony Amor, with a special heartfelt foreword graciously written by MORRISSEY.

The book is limited to 2,000 copies worldwide and is now available at the following website.

www.tomeyouareaworkofart.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TTY news: Book launch - 'To Me You Are a Work of Art'

From the photos I've seen on Instagram the tattoos don't look very impressive, my moz tattoo covers half my arm and is the image from the "every day is like Sunday"cover, not a day goes by where someone doesn't ask me about it, people's reactions are always wow that's amazing, incredible etc, the girl who done my tattoo is a genius

Then why don't start a similar project yourself? You could just use Brits with tattoos, including yourself, if this is so important. Why sit around? Take action! Honestly, it's a bit sad to compete for the best tattoo, the deepest devotion etc. and then even make it something about Yanks and Brits. You are all in the same boat, essentially.

$55 plus $35 shipping for a book with photos of fans with their tattoos?!! Taking the P*ss! Better waiting till the price drops due to lack of demand.

2,000 books times $55 = $110,000 plus profits from rip off shipping charges! Totally obscene!!

nice and congrats. black flag had a book similar to this not long ago and i really enjoyed that

I do understand the permanence of tattoo as an art. The things regarding morrissey's image and lyrics are incredibly personal. I have a mid 20's aged morissey portrait that was done by an excellent artist. The soft and frail look away gaze is is one that begs to be comforted and in my mind the tattoo does that for me. I am really against the anyone can see it like a billboard type of tattoo though. I saw no good portraits in the Instagram though.

Steve Kennedy Morrissey for president!

el stevo por presidente! (CA vote)

"Hector was the first..." Anonymous-

Then why don't start a similar project yourself? You could just use Brits with tattoos, including yourself, if this is so important. Why sit around? Take action! Honestly, it's a bit sad to compete for the best tattoo, the deepest devotion etc. and then even make it something about Yanks and Brits. You are all in the same boat, essentially.

WTF are you talking about? I was merely pointing out that the tattoos I've seen from the book aren't that great, I'm quite sure the book itself has plenty of photos of great moz tattoos, I was just sharing my everyday experience of the reaction I get to my moz tattoo and praising the very talented tattoo artist whose work it is, and it's certainly nothing to do with" Brits v yanks"

What's cool is that a few generations from now, the hardcore Moz fans will be collecting and trading these guy's signed skins as mementos. Stretching them out, framing them, and hanging them on the wall. I mean, surely they aren't just going to bury or cremate them when they die, that would be like chucking your previous Moz-signed vinyl the bin? Gotta catch 'em all!

My mate from L.A. got a massive tattoo of a Smiths lyric across his chest some years ago, and still loves it dearly, so why not go for it if it's something you really cherish? As long as it has significant meaning to you, and it's done well, I say go for it!

2,000 books times $55 = $110,000 plus profits from rip off shipping charges! Totally obscene!!

they must have found some very generous people to do everything for free if they are to profit 100% off every sale

Good shit paper to wipe my arse with
You killed trees for this bollocks

First and foremost, this collection is an incredible tribute to someone who has inspired every person reading this, or you wouldn't have found your way to this site.

It's humorous to state your Moz tattoo is better than those found in a book you haven't even looked through yet. Without having seen every page in "To Me You Are a Work of Art", I can tell you that the book would be lost on someone just trying to compare skill and craft. This book obviously is more about permanence and honor - something Morrissey was touched enough to endorse himself, having contributed his words for the foreword.

While the book may seem like a higher price point (laughable), it was pressed into only 2,000 copies and endorsed by Morrissey himself! To my knowledge, this is the first fan created artifact for Moz to have done so, therefore I guess he must of thought highly enough of the work pressed between the pages and its creators.

Congratulations, this piece of work is a beautiful tribute to someone who deserves it a hundred times over.

Good shit paper to wipe my arse with
You killed trees for this bollocks

That's not true. It's a really good book. Give it a chance and I'm sure you'll like it. I know it sounds funny, but I thought of you
when I read this book. I thought it would be something you would enjoy.

If it doesn't have an ISBN then it's not collectible. A used bookstore won't buy or resell a book without an ISBN, you might as well consider it a large, expensive greeting card.

They explain the prices on their instagram if you could be bothered to read it. Either you believe it or you don't. It's up to you. You don't have to buy it. They make it available worldwide because they had a lot of requests. 55$ are okay for a picture book because these books are usually very expensive and it's limited to 2,000 copies.

Dr. Seuss books have pictures too and I bet I could pick one up for under $10 and feel more fulfilled and accomplished than if I bought this book and trawled through the scum of society for about the cost of half an hour with a hooker that has all her teeth.

In fact, a much easier (and free) way of viewing all the people that appear in this book would be to just go to this site.

Why don't they state the obscene shipping fee up front? Very shady. Book looks lame.

I don't like the cover but the book seems interesting. That can't be the best photo of the book can it?

I don't like the cover either but you can't judge a book by the cover...or can you?

This book obviously is more about permanence and honor - something Morrissey was touched enough to endorse himself, having contributed his words for the foreword

This might be the REAL problem. I don't think this project would have received so many nasty and bitter comments when it had not been on TTY.

they must have found some very generous people to do everything for free if they are to profit 100% off every sale

Yes I know. A woman well known at Moz gigs wanted payment for the used of her photos but Julian said no payment so she backed out of having her photo used in the book.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom