Morrissey Central Unsung (December 11, 2020)

Unsung

December 11, 2020
Unknown_vwiksy.jpg

" Mavis Nicholson is, or was - or is still the best television interviewer from these isles. She broadcast the most
compelling TV interviews with James Baldwin, Kenneth Williams, Bette Davis, Nina Simone, Germaine Greer,
David Bowie … but somehow had only an afternoon transmission - never evening, unlike most of the traditionally sexist
male interviewers. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by her in, I think 1991, when she came to visit me with a
small crew of technicians. I was so much in awe of Mavis … her humanity, her ease, her intellect … that I typically
completely messed it all up. I didn't think I was ready for such an important interview … I didn't think I was "me" yet,
and I rattled on so much about self-destruction and the inevitability of suicide that I later asked Mavis not to air our
conversation. She agreed not to … probably thinking it to be just too much. I often wonder where those tapes
ended up. On a skip, perhaps. But nonetheless, her very impressive interviews ought to be either re-shown or
made available on DVD because they are absolutely a vital study of how to get the best out of the subject … no
sex jokes, no fake and intrusive audience laughter, no loud or lavish sets … just a very classy connection requiring
nothing but gentle charm and the power of words." Morrissey, December 2020.

Last edited:
I never watch these shows , but I always press the info button to see who is on , and as you say it’s always the likes of kylie.... olde 4kin wosssy won’t be complaining though, will he!!!
baz woss is now looking at norton and seeing the guests he used to have,four poofs and a piano,imagine that was now it would be the front page on every newspaper tomorrow morning.
ross guests these days are mostly z list.

And just ... age.
I mean, if I think of important events from my own past I couldn't tell you which year they took place either (although... that's probably also due to meds and moods. Mostly moods 🤔).

That's no excuse for the sleeves though 😤

Some ideas to keep team Morrissey occupied during the next (inevitable) lockdown:

- 1991 tour doc
- dust off South With Morrissey (plus bonus footage) (it can't be that bad, can it?)
- give Live At The Hollywood Bowl (2007) a proper release
- Rainbow Valley 7" b/w Moz's version of So Little Time
👍👍👍

baz woss is now looking at norton and seeing the guests he used to have,four poofs and a piano,imagine that was now it would be the front page on every newspaper tomorrow morning.
ross guests these days are mostly z list.
I can remember four puffs and a piano on wosssy years ago and it did make the papers because of their name.... bit of a media storm in a tea cup..... apparently now it’s only three puffs and a piano, the forth one 4ked off and married solos newest idiot, Captain birds eye.....
He’s so gonna kick off with me when he’s clocked off and finished his shift at the fish factory very soon ....

f***ing hell, Morrissey in not talking bollocks shocker.

I can remember four puffs and a piano on wosssy years ago and it did make the papers because of their name.... bit of a media storm in a tea cup..... apparently now it’s only three puffs and a piano, the forth one 4ked off and married solos newest idiot, Captain birds eye.....
He’s so gonna kick off with me when he’s clocked off and finished his shift at the fish factory very soon ....
good stuff bazz,ahh the good old days.

Dive in, Saturday...

🖤

Keep looking forward gordy lad , we all have plenty of good days ahead...especially when these bastard bars reopen 😓😓😓
mines reopened today but whats the point,so people will booze less but put on more weight with having to order food,reminds me of lemmy who was on a two week bender and he said all he had to eat was an apple pie.just let the pubs open and people will be responsible,they certainly are up here.

mines reopened today but whats the point,so people will booze less but put on more weight with having to order food,reminds me of lemmy who was on a two week bender and he said all he had to eat was an apple pie.just let the pubs open and people will be responsible,they certainly are up here.
In the words of Tommy Cooper....
I’m on a whiskey diet, I’ve lost three days already😋

He said the interviewer is the best of 'THESE ISLANDS " , so he is on the islands ,will it be the two that Britain has, so Morrissey is in Britain!!!!!🤔😅😅😅😅😅😅

I want to see a Morrissey from today in an interview
VAMOZZZ-!!!!!!😍😍😍😍
WELL I WONDEEEER AND MOZ??
PLEASE KEEP ME IN MIND....

Statement: The Sisters of the Convent of the Assumption, Kensington would like to express their gratitude to Steven Patrick Frances for directing them (via this tribute to Mavis) to an Interview Mavis conducted with the Nuns back in the 1970s. The interview was mostly unknown to the nuns at the Convent today and has given much pleasure to them to be able to see it. Deus benedicat.

baz your so right,i checked j ross guests last saturday night,kylie again,if you combine the appearances on bbc and stv over the years then j ross sees kylie more than his wife,its ridiculous.

True, but in all fairness - its Kylie!

And here they are together....on the same page.

MrShoes

MOZ KYLIE.jpg

Last edited:
One more Moz 'mystery'...solved...?

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/request-morrissey-interview-with-mavis-nicholson.109555/

Oh well, plenty of puzzles yet remain ;)

Do we think this was a plea for someone to release it?

From Queen Babs to Marvellous Mavis ~ Morrisseyworld indeed.

Leave it to the fella that posted the info originally - thanks Joe!

But unfortunately the links to the vids in the older message thread posts are not operational. So at one point the past the interview was available.

Anyone feel like conducting some interweb-investigation and discover where a working video may be?

MrShoes

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom