VH1 Classic - BBC Crown Jewels

• Thread starter Alcoholic Afternoons
  • Start date
A

Alcoholic Afternoons

Apologies if this has been mentioned (and conditional thanks in advance to Kewpie for pointing to that prior thread), but next Thursday the 28th, on VH1 Classic, is an hour long show called BBC Crown Jewels, this episode featuring The Smiths:

Show: BBC Crown Jewels
Episode: The Smiths
Network: (VH1C) VH1 Classic
Date: Thursday - June 28, 2007
Time: 12/11c PM
Duration: 1:00
Episode Description
About: BBC Crown Jewels: The Smiths
no description available
Series Description
About: BBC Crown Jewels
Rare performances from the BBC archives never-before-seen in the U.S. including episodes of the legendary anthology series "The Old Grey Whistle Test." Glenn Tilbrook from the beloved UK band Squeeze hosts the series.

EDIT: Oh thank God, I get that channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG!!!! Thank you so very much for posting this..... I was completely unaware of this.... thank you , thank you!!!

I love this channel and I always wondered why they didn't do an episode on The Smiths.

OMFG!!!! Thank you so very much for posting this..... I was completely unaware of this.... thank you , thank you!!!

I love this channel and I always wondered why they didn't do an episode on The Smiths.

The channel is pure evil, and can make me waste entire evenings without realizing it. In fact, I almost just got caught up watching some nonsense about Elton John and Bernie Taupin having separate bunk beds. :confused:

Thank goodness I have "Morrissey" and "Smiths" set up on TiVo, and randomly check them.

The channel is pure evil, and can make me waste entire evenings without realizing it. In fact, I almost just got caught up watching some nonsense about Elton John and Bernie Taupin having separate bunk beds. :confused:

Thank goodness I have "Morrissey" and "Smiths" set up on TiVo, and randomly check them.

I totally agree, that channel is pure evil...... most additing channel ever. Even Metal Mania gets me hooked sometimes. :o

I DVR'd this.....live set from Derby Assembly Rooms........vintage LADS!

Moz gets hit in the face with something during "Miserable Lie"....the rest of the band plays without him for awhile and then he comes out and finishes the song.

Last edited:
Thanks, I did as well, now waiting to get home to watch.

1st stage invasion.........kid gets onstage during "Hand In Glove"

WOW, thank god I logged in right now.....just in time to see this YaY!!
I'm so going to record this onto my TiVo

Thanx guys!! :)

Massive stage invasion during "You've Got Everything Now"..........its like 50 people easy......what's cool is they just dance and rarely bug the band.....until the very end.

Massive stage invasion during "You've Got Everything Now"..........its like 50 people easy......what's cool is they just dance and rarely bug the band.....until the very end.

Nice one, thats the Assembly Rooms Derby.

Hey, the ch. listing said 10-11:30pm but, it only went til 11. And they played HSIN, and the playback was botch. Still great to see it on an actual Tv broadcast.:D

so sad i didnt see this til now :(
its on tv tomorrow again though, at 2pm.

Back
Top Bottom