Victoria Wood dies at age 62; TTY Morrissey statement

Re: Victoria Wood dead

Sad news indeed. What a loss. Far too young. My sympathies go out to her two children, who I guess are in their early twenties by now.
From the web: Wood lived in Highgate, North London. After a short battle with cancer, she died on 20 April 2016 at her home in North London

So I'm guessing David wasn't a dear friend after all, oh well that's that one all cleared up.

You've been lost for a very long time Steven. Let's hope all is not lost when you find yourself again.
Big day tomorrow pal ! She's Ninety not out, three cheers, God save the Queen and we look forward to a silly rant from you but seriously she'll be the death of you Steven if your not careful !

Benny-the-British-Butcher
Seriously - have a day off you f***ing clown.

I met and worked with VW briefly. Genuinely lovely northern lady.
Re the cancer. Scientists know exactly what causes most cancers. The problem is that we are stuck in lifestyles and environments that are killing us. The drug companies are too powerful and are reliant on people getting cancer ( the younger the better for them). It's like the power behind the oil industry and the meat/dairy industry. Too influential to allow change. People in their droves are dying of cancer in their 60s because they grew up in the worst time for exposure to smoking/chemicals/air pollution/untested pharmaceuticals. They were the Guinea pig generation. It will only get worse unless we drastically change to a far more basic way of living.

Absolute f***ing bullshit from start to finish.

God, what a horrible year 2016 is turning out to be so far.

In a space of barely 14 weeks we've lost David Bowie, Alan Rickman and Victoria Wood. All to Cancer.

And we still have the Kardashians.

The injustice of it all.

I met and worked with VW briefly.

How were her emissions?

I never really enjoyed her work that much, as I always felt it was a bit twee and, well, northern. Acorn Antiques was great, although I thought a significant part of that was Julie Walters's outstanding performance of Wood's work.

When I saw her interviewed though, she came across as genuine and invariably delightful. I suppose Alan Bennett must be next on the list.

I met and worked with VW briefly. Genuinely lovely northern lady.
Re the cancer. Scientists know exactly what causes most cancers. The problem is that we are stuck in lifestyles and environments that are killing us. The drug companies are too powerful and are reliant on people getting cancer ( the younger the better for them). It's like the power behind the oil industry and the meat/dairy industry. Too influential to allow change. People in their droves are dying of cancer in their 60s because they grew up in the worst time for exposure to smoking/chemicals/air pollution/untested pharmaceuticals. They were the Guinea pig generation. It will only get worse unless we drastically change to a far more basic way of living.

It seems genes play a major role in many cancers, too.

Prince just died at 57...wonder if he'll get a TTY send off. Don't think so. One step above Madonna in his eyes probably.

God, what a horrible year 2016 is turning out to be so far.

In a space of barely 14 weeks we've lost David Bowie, Alan Rickman and Victoria Wood. All to Cancer.

And we still have the Kardashians.

The injustice of it all.
yes, but we also still have morrissey so it wasnt that bad. that's my basic feeling about it. and my basic feeling when david bowie died, as much as i loved david and as nostalgically sad as it made me: thank god it wasnt morrissey.

Oh, that repetitive grammatical mistake again. For the last time it's you're not your. You really do give yourself away. If you had an ounce of intellect you would not continue to make this schoolboy error. I'm putting your age at around 27. That's the era when english education was at a real low point. Also, I've just had a nice long amble around the centre of sunny Manchester. No Union flags out, no bunting, no drinkers drinking the health of HRH. Plenty of images of Victoria Wood on the MEN. Celebrate the life of VW and the 200th for Charlotte Bronte instead.

You're not very good are you ? Go back and check, you're seeing things that aren't there.

Benny-the-British-Butcher ❤️

Prince just died at 57...wonder if he'll get a TTY send off. Don't think so. One step above Madonna in his eyes probably.

Moz was rumoured to be friends with Prince in the early 90s. And he was a vegan gender-rebel, so don't see why not.

I remember the Prince record company dispute era, when he wrote "Slave" on himself. Like Morrissey, his prodigious ego was backed up by prodigious talent. But yes, evennow, I agree...doubt there'll be mention of it.

Blimey Steve's gonna be on celebrity death file statement duty overtime at this rate.

" No words just purple tears when doves cry " possibly ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher ( So tonight I'm gonna party like the Queen is ninety years old )

How were her emissions?

I never really enjoyed her work that much, as I always felt it was a bit twee and, well, northern. Acorn Antiques was great, although I thought a significant part of that was Julie Walters's outstanding performance of Wood's work.

When I saw her interviewed though, she came across as genuine and invariably delightful. I suppose Alan Bennett must be next on the list.

Prince apparently ! Alan lives to see another day.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Prince was a real Vegan and a real Prince unlike some reseeding hairline hick looking hillbilly who if he wasn't born into a family, his ancestors would of emigrated to Alabama in 1710. Anonymous-

I'm not interested in starting another argument evennow but a true legend has just died at 57 years old, couldn't you have just paid tribute to Prince instead of using his death as a excuse to attack morrissey? Show some respect!

I'm not interested in starting another argument evennow but a true legend has just died at 57 years old, couldn't you have just paid tribute to Prince instead of using his death as a excuse to attack morrissey? Show some respect!

How is what I said an attack? It was a true question as to whether his death would affect Moz enough to post one of his statements like he has done in this thread, or refused to do for his "old friend/new nemesis" DB. I would have guessed that Moz saw him strictly as a "pop star" similar to Madonna with little weight, but others have posted civilly and explained otherwise.

Show some respect??? Really??? The last thing you do is show people respect on these boards so please save the preaching for those who don't know you as well as those here do. I never saw Prince in concert, nor bought his records, but I have seen Purple Rain about 10 times and I still marvel at the genius of his music. He definitely did not deserve his fate.

Blimey Steve's gonna be on celebrity death file statement duty overtime at this rate.

" No words just purple tears when doves cry " possibly ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher ( So tonight I'm gonna party like the Queen is ninety years old )

Long Live the Queen!!! Prince Rest in Peace...

An old Queen lives on and a young Prince dies. The bell will toll for us all one day. Good health to you Benny!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom