"Wedding Bell Blues" first UK airplay Apr. 8; b-side info - Morrissey Central (24 March, 2019)

WEDDING BELL BLUES 45.
lover_to_be_vinyl_wvnxqe.jpg

Morrissey's "Wedding Bell Blues" single receives its first UK airplay on April 8th at 11:15 AM on the Ken Bruce Show (Radio 2, UK).
The B-side of the 45 is "I Thought You Were Dead", written by Morrissey and Jesse Tobias, recorded in Italy.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/wedding-bell-blues-45

Regards,
FWD.

Not long to wait,got high hopes for this one,first two have been great so you would think this would be the same.

Ken Bruce - he's down with the kids
Morrissey is 60 this year numnuts. He isn't catering for "the kids" anymore. Your desperation is showing and that's sadder than any Morrissey story you hijack to make incorrect points on. Pathetic really when you think about it. Do you even think?

More good news.

The last time I checked, Radio 2 is comfortably the most listened to radio station in the U.K. and Ken Bruce is one of the most popular presenters so I don't think anyone could rationally see this as anything other than positive.

Looking forward to hearing both songs.

Serious question. How come you keep posting on here now? What's the point of participating in all this negativity, it cant be healthy for your own mental health etc. asked with respect, interested in the answer.

Standby for red face to say.
“I’m staying right here and there’s nothing you can do about it”
Odious man he is.

More good news.

The last time I checked, Radio 2 is comfortably the most listened to radio station in the U.K. and Ken Bruce is one of the most popular presenters so I don't think anyone could rationally see this as anything other than positive.

Bang on.. life is always spicer with the anticipation of a moz release

What’s the b-side to Lover-To-Be? Is Brow Of My Beloved still getting a release?

Reading the cowrite partner on this, I’ll admit was disappointing. Now I’m not as excited

More good news.

Not just in the UK - it has the biggest audience for any radio station in Europe.
Getting a first play on Radio 2 doesn't necessarily mean they'll add it to their A-list (or even the playlist at all). But if they do, it'll make a huge difference.
And if Morrissey avoids saying anything twattish at the live shows or in any interviews before the release of the album, there's a chance it could go to number 1 (depending also on what else is out that week). It could probably shift 30,000.

April 8th at 11:15 AM

Hope someone records it and puts it up
in downloads... FWD ? :pray: :).

Not just in the UK - it has the biggest audience for any radio station in Europe.
Getting a first play on Radio 2 doesn't necessarily mean they'll add it to their A-list (or even the playlist at all). But if they do, it'll make a huge difference.
And if Morrissey avoids saying anything twattish at the live shows or in any interviews before the release of the album, there's a chance it could go to number 1 (depending also on what else is out that week). It could probably shift 30,000.

Number 1 in what chart?

Great news, the first single proper it is then.
Hopefully it will be radio-friendly and they will be playing it a lot in the month leading up to the release of CS.
Then it could indeed do very well.

Reading is hard for some people, we are talking about number 1 in the album charts.
Singles have no chance of charting these days.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom