What are you doing for FUN?

Just bought front row seats (still behind the tables but still amazing) for Mamma Mia in Vegas for my mom and I. I hope they sing Fernando. :love:

Dancing-Queen.jpg

Calder Exhibit at LACMA after admission is free today and A Hard Days Night in SaMo with friends. My last hurrah with all my original body parts God gave me. :D

That sounds fun!
What are you serving? Are you doing all the cooking?

I'm going to make the turkey, gravy, mashed, a veggie and rolls. My friend Jess is bringing candied yams and a banana creme pie. My son is bringing his appetite. Hehe. So far it is just the three of us. But it should be fun. Are you going to your sister's?

I'm going to make the turkey, gravy, mashed, a veggie and rolls. My friend Jess is bringing candied yams and a banana creme pie. My son is bringing his appetite. Hehe. So far it is just the three of us. But it should be fun. Are you going to your sister's?

I'm sure it will be fun :)
We will go to my Dad's house.
My sister will be out East with her in-laws...

Live in LA? This is worth it.

From Pop to the Pit: LAPL Photo Collection Celebrates the L.A. Music Scene, 1978-1989

poptopit.jpg

It's in the bottom basement level of the library in the genealogy department on one long wall. Easy to look at, nobody really down there other than a few hobos sleeping. Beautiful black and white prints and a short blurb of the band's impact on the LA music scene. Also the trip down the four escalators to get to the floor is lovely. :thumb:

Live in LA? This is worth it.

From Pop to the Pit: LAPL Photo Collection Celebrates the L.A. Music Scene, 1978-1989

poptopit.jpg

It's in the bottom basement level of the library in the genealogy department on one long wall. Easy to look at, nobody really down there other than a few hobos sleeping. Beautiful black and white prints and a short blurb of the band's impact on the LA music scene. Also the trip down the four escalators to get to the floor is lovely. :thumb:

very cool. im a huge greg ginn fan even if he does like always have dead face on. sometimes i wonder how effed up rollins is. once he and a friend got robbed in venice at there house and when they didnt have more than fifty bucks between them they shot his friend in the head point blank while he ran. just one example of the nasty stuff hes witnessed

very cool. im a huge greg ginn fan even if he does like always have dead face on. sometimes i wonder how effed up rollins is. once he and a friend got robbed in venice at there house and when they didnt have more than fifty bucks between them they shot his friend in the head point blank while he ran. just one example of the nasty stuff hes witnessed

He looks hot as hell in this photo, the contrast of which is all blown out in this image, the original print is beautiful.

One time I was driving home from Culver City and I was transitioning from the 10 onto the 110 late at night listening to his radio show where he blabbed on and on about the state of music. (He and Moz have a LOT in common, actually. They're bitter about the same things.) He said something that really pissed me off and I got distracted and hit a curb and busted my fancy euro Benz rim. I always blamed Henry Rollins for that. :p I just moved it to my spare tire and from that day forward I had three worn out rims and one shiny new one, so when I'd wash my car I'd think of Henry Rollins.

He looks hot as hell in this photo, the contrast of which is all blown out in this image, the original print is beautiful.

One time I was driving home from Culver City and I was transitioning from the 10 onto the 110 late at night listening to his radio show where he blabbed on and on about the state of music. (He and Moz have a LOT in common, actually. They're bitter about the same things.) He said something that really pissed me off and I got distracted and hit a curb and busted my fancy euro Benz rim. I always blamed Henry Rollins for that. :p I just moved it to my spare tire and from that day forward I had three worn out rims and one shiny new one, so when I'd wash my car I'd think of Henry Rollins.

yeah i ve seen henry do spoken word and he can be pretty bitter but honestly thats not a big surprise when you watch even old interviews though i still very much like him. sorry to lol but thats pretty funny. ive tried putting on hubcaps like three or four times now but i just loose them somewhere as ive no skill with cars. i just watch them roll to the side of the road and cant be bothered to get out of the car. on another note howd you and your brother do about the watch? was there drama? thats kinda why i was trying to talk to you about the money issue on the other thread. how does he deal with it and does it cause them problems in there relationship? if its to personal to answer i of course understand but ive got no one else to ask and you might be doing me a favor. if you ever come to the east coast you can go to the spot where henry and ian used to work at an ice cream shop and the first place he sang with flag. funny, i always thought you liked the skinny nervous kid type more so than the buffness of rollins in his swim trunks

yeah i ve seen henry do spoken word and he can be pretty bitter but honestly thats not a big surprise when you watch even old interviews though i still very much like him. sorry to lol but thats pretty funny. ive tried putting on hubcaps like three or four times now but i just loose them somewhere as ive no skill with cars. i just watch them roll to the side of the road and cant be bothered to get out of the car. on another note howd you and your brother do about the watch? was there drama? thats kinda why i was trying to talk to you about the money issue on the other thread. how does he deal with it and does it cause them problems in there relationship? if its to personal to answer i of course understand but ive got no one else to ask and you might be doing me a favor. if you ever come to the east coast you can go to the spot where henry and ian used to work at an ice cream shop and the first place he sang with flag. funny, i always thought you liked the skinny nervous kid type more so than the buffness of rollins in his swim trunks

No, my brother and I don't talk about money really. We share a dad. My sister and I who share a mom however have started a bizarre thing where she's decided my money is her money all of a sudden. :straightface: "So you bought some new jeans? What did you pay for those? I see you went to another concert..." I set her straight about it but there's bizarre tension.

Money brings out the WORST in people.

Last edited:
No, my brother and I don't talk about money really. We share a dad. My sister and I who share a mom however have started a bizarre thing where she's decided my money is her money all of a sudden. :straightface: "So you bought some new jeans? What did you pay for those? I see you went to another concert..." I set her straight about it but there's bizarre tension.

Money brings out the WORST in people.

yeah i kinda agree. for the most part my belief is that money tends to ruin most people but im being pushed hard to think otherwise and not be so judgy about it. im trying. to bad about your sister as that just kinda sucks. i tend to pay for a lot of stuff when i go out and its never bothered me in the past but i went out with a friend to dinner not long ago and we just sorta knew this guy, it was out first time trying to hang out, and when the check came he just looked at me weirdly until i realized he expected me to just pick it up which i eventually did. guess he heard that ill pay for stuff which was really annoying not because i paid but it just tainted any friendship i might have had with him. he was a nsa guy as well so i know he makes an ok living. couldnt respect him after that. its not like he was one of my broke friends who works two jobs or anything. i could understand that

Ghost date!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i kinda agree. for the most part my belief is that money tends to ruin most people but im being pushed hard to think otherwise and not be so judgy about it. im trying. to bad about your sister as that just kinda sucks. i tend to pay for a lot of stuff when i go out and its never bothered me in the past but i went out with a friend to dinner not long ago and we just sorta knew this guy, it was out first time trying to hang out, and when the check came he just looked at me weirdly until i realized he expected me to just pick it up which i eventually did. guess he heard that ill pay for stuff which was really annoying not because i paid but it just tainted any friendship i might have had with him. he was a nsa guy as well so i know he makes an ok living. couldnt respect him after that. its not like he was one of my broke friends who works two jobs or anything. i could understand that

Exactly. And the quiet disdain kills me, like I'd leave a family member in the lurch, I WOULDN'T! But there's this quiet counting up of my money each month and tally of how much I'm contributing to the fam...I still pay rent and moved out two and a half years ago! But it's not enough. The more money, the more disdain.

Street Food Cinema Schedge

http://laist.com/2015/03/19/outdoor_movie_screenings_2015.php

May 2: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - The Breakfast Club 30th Anniversary
May 9: Victory Park, Pasadena - Grease
May 9: Poinsettia Park, West Hollywood - Pretty Woman 25th Anniversary
May 16: Syd Kronenthal Park, Culver City - Pitch Perfect
May 16: Central Park, Glendale - Forrest Gump
May 23: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - 500 Days of Summer
May 23: Will Rogers, Palisades - Almost Famous 15th Anniversary
May 30: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - Thelma & Louise
May 30: Central Park, Glendale - Stand By Me
Jun 6: Victory Park, Pasadena - Jurassic Park
Jun 6: Westchester Park, Westchester - Donnie Darko
Jun 13: Syd Kronenthal Park, Culver City - American Beauty
Jun 13: Central Park, Glendale - Poltergeist
Jun 20: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - The Interview
Jun 20: Eagle Rock Recreation Field, Eagle Rock - TBD
Jun 27: Will Rogers, Palisades - Bridesmaids
Jun 27: Verdugo Park, Glendale - Raiders of the Lost Ark
Jul 4: Brand Park, Glendale - Jaws 40th Anniversary
Jul 11: Syd Kronenthal Park, Culver City - Old School
Jul 11: Eagle Rock Recreation Field, Eagle Rock - Purple Rain
Jul 18: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - True Romance
Jul 18: Victory Park, Pasadena - The Wedding Singer
Jul 25: Poinsettia Park, West Hollywood - Election
Jul 25: Central Park, Glendale - Raising Arizona
Jul 25: Will Rogers, Palisades - The Royal Tenenbaums
Aug 1: Victory Park, Pasadena - Dirty Dancing
Aug 1: Westchester Park, Westchester - Office Space
Aug 8: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - Heathers
Aug 8: Verdugo Park, Glendale - The Sandlot
Aug 15: Victory Park, Pasadena - Sixteen Candles
Aug 15: Syd Kronenthal Park, Culver City - The Big Lebowski
Aug 22: Will Rogers, Palisades - The Shining 35th Anniversary
Aug 22: Central Park, Glendale - Legally Blonde
Aug 29: Victory Park, Pasadena - Cruel Intentions
Aug 29: Mariott Golf Course, Manhattan Beach - Beetlejuice
Sep 5: Poinsettia Park, West Hollywood - The Rocky Horror Picture Show 40th Anniversary
Sep 5: Central Park, Glendale - 10 Things I Hate About You
Sep 12: Syd Kronenthal Park, Culver City - Superbad
Sep 12: Victory Park, Pasadena - E.T.
Sep 19: Will Rogers, Palisades - The Goonies 30th Anniversary
Sep 19: Central Park, Glendale - The Outsiders
Sep 19: Westchester Park, Los Angeles - Fight Club
Sep 26: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - 80’s Double Feature: Some Kind of Wonderful & Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Sep 26: Mariott Golf Course, Manhattan Beach - Ghostbusters
Oct 3: TBD - Mean Girls
Oct 10: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - Scarface
Oct 17: Victory Park, Pasadena - Double Feature: Back to the Future I & II
Oct 24: Westchester Park, Westchester - The Lost Boys
Oct 24: Will Rogers, Palisades - Nightmare on Elm Street
Oct 31: Exposition Park, Los Angeles - Shaun of the Dead

Back
Top Bottom