What (hopefully upcoming) new Morrissey output are you most looking forward to?

What (hopefully upcoming) new Morrissey output are you most looking forward to?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Moz is doing great. Almost all his output is gold, compared to these minor bands.
His recent albums are all good and solid at least, and sometimes excellent. They will be regarded better with time, if listened without prejudice.

I like the fact that Alain has been invited back into the band by Morrissey, even whilst Alain has recently been working with Craig Gannon.

There was a time when working with ex-Smiths would have seen you shunned, but not now. Interesting.

Good point.

And now should make us all realize that a Marr collaboration will be in the works! Just not anytime soon.

Good point.

And now should make us all realize that a Marr collaboration will be in the works! Just not anytime soon.
I would be stunned if Morrissey and Marr ever worked together again.

However, with the obvious exception of Mike Joyce, I don't think Morrissey particularly has anything against any of the ex Smiths.

If he happened to bump into Andy Rourke, for instance, they'd probably have a drink and talk about old times.

I think after all the criticism Morrissey has had from the media and from some (former) friends in recent years, that he probably now thinks more highly of those people who haven't come out and kicked him while he was down. People whom, when he was more popular ten or fifteen years ago, he probably wouldn't have given the time of day. I think he now realises that he has a kinship with those people that he may have mistakenly thought was lost.

Alain Whyte returning to the fold is a good example of this. At no point did Alain slag off Morrissey in the press or on social media over the last few years. I think Morrissey appreciated that and clearly felt it was worth reconnecting with him as a result.

"Hold on to your friends"

ANYTHING
that doesn't have Rourke in it...
Why the hell would Rourke be part of it? They haven’t worked together for more than 30 years.

Such a weird comment.

I would be stunned if Morrissey and Marr ever worked together again.

However, with the obvious exception of Mike Joyce, I don't think Morrissey particularly has anything against any of the ex Smiths.

If he happened to bump into Andy Rourke, for instance, they'd probably have a drink and talk about old times.

I think after all the criticism Morrissey has had from the media and from some (former) friends in recent years, that he probably now thinks more highly of those people who haven't come out and kicked him while he was down. People whom, when he was more popular ten or fifteen years ago, he probably wouldn't have given the time of day. I think he now realises that he has a kinship with those people that he may have mistakenly thought was lost.

Alain Whyte returning to the fold is a good example of this. At no point did Alain slag off Morrissey in the press or on social media over the last few years. I think Morrissey appreciated that and clearly felt it was worth reconnecting with him as a result.

"Hold on to your friends"

He will know exactly who his friends are now. If they didn't ditch him after the horrendous publicity of the past few years, they never will.

Back
Top Bottom