What if Morrissey and Marr re-imagined some songs?

sitting here with pretty much nothing to do and got to thinking ( sounds like a song lyric )

I would love Morrissey and Marr to revisit some old classics and re-record them. I mean they dont even have to be in the same studio......

I would love to hear an extended version of please , please , please. lets say 7-8 minutes long with a string orchestra etc and replace the spanish guitar with a violin etc. Let Johnny go on a guitar trip.

would also love to hear Jeane given the same treatment....

Then release both as 12" singles with moz doing some new sleeves.

If only.............

sitting here with pretty much nothing to do and got to thinking ( sounds like a song lyric )

I would love Morrissey and Marr to revisit some old classics and re-record them. I mean they dont even have to be in the same studio......

I would love to hear an extended version of please , please , please. lets say 7-8 minutes long with a string orchestra etc and replace the spanish guitar with a violin etc. Let Johnny go on a guitar trip.

If only.............
good idea but you and I know its never going to happen.

If only.............

This lovely version is probably as close as you're going to get.

This lovely version is probably as close as you're going to get.

WHAT A CATASTROPHIC DISASTER!!!!!:censored:

WHATS THIS? mr guitar, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: needs a FING CAPO FFS!!!
cant he take guitar lessons so he can get rid of the training wheel.

and then
HE NEEDS TO READ THE LYRICS FROM A PAPER ON THE FLOOR:censored:

then thinking it cant get any worse
he starts with the :frogface: 'singing'

UTTER CATASTROPHE:swear

Never gonna happen, and nor should it. The Smiths existed in the precious moments that they did. Re-inventing 35 year-old songs, most of which are perfect as they are, isn't going to accomplish anything.

Never gonna happen, and nor should it. The Smiths existed in the precious moments that they did. Re-inventing 35 year-old songs, most of which are perfect as they are, isn't going to accomplish anything.

And yet 'the boy' with a new sleeve was released for record store day.

In fact Morrissey doesn't even have to record new vocals , johnny could do a new musical arrangement.......hang on johnny doing everything , let's not start that again shall we.

Boy with a thorn was released with a new sleeve.......just saying.

The music of the Smiths is sacred and should never be touched but I'd be curious to see what Morrissey and Marr 'could' have done with various bits of their solo work.

I'd love to hear what Moz could do with the music for "New Town Velocity" or "Hi Hello", or what Johnny could have improved if he was given the backing tracks for "Irish Blood" or "Paris".

Years ago, Johnny posted a guitar snippet online from a solo track called "European Me". It sounded great in isolation - chiming and Smithsy. But when it surfaced on the album, it had about 10 seconds to shine and then crap vocals and shitty lyrics took over and it was basically wasted.

It's promising for precisely 28 seconds and then it goes to shit. Can't help but imagine how Moz could have changed the melody and made the most of the music.

The music of the Smiths is sacred and should never be touched but I'd be curious to see what Morrissey and Marr 'could' have done with various bits of their solo work.

I'd love to hear what Moz could do with the music for "New Town Velocity" or "Hi Hello", or what Johnny could have improved if he was given the backing tracks for "Irish Blood" or "Paris".

Years ago, Johnny posted a guitar snippet online from a solo track called "European Me". It sounded great in isolation - chiming and Smithsy. But when it surfaced on the album, it had about 10 seconds to shine and then crap vocals and shitty lyrics took over and it was basically wasted.

It's promising for precisely 28 seconds and then it goes to shit. Can't help but imagine how Moz could have changed the melody and made the most of the music.

I happen to love this song as it is. Let's face it, if Moz got a hold of it, it would be about the British Press planting protestors at his shows and why, oh why can't they leave him alo-o-o-one??

That's quite different to what your original post was suggesting......

No that isn't what I am implying......all I am saying is that in 30 plus years , for mozza to do a new smiths sleeve is something of a milestone. So anything is possible.

Rough trade and or johnny must have the master recordings?

The only issue I can see is the drums side of things but life is too short isn't it about time things were put to bed?

Back
Top Bottom