"What Kind of People Live in These Houses?"

Southport Grandma

Is this song title related to Morrissey and Linder Sterling wandering around Manchester looking through the windows of houses and him asking “are they really happy?” as described in the “Importance of Being Morrissey”?

Last edited:
Is this song title related to Morrissey and Linder Sterling wondering around Manchester looking through the windows of houses and him asking “are they really happy?” as described in the “Importance of Being Morrissey”?

Seems likely.

nah,its too easy to say that.not everything is about his past.

Is this song title related to Morrissey and Linder Sterling wondering around Manchester looking through the windows of houses and him asking “are they really happy?” as described in the “Importance of Being Morrissey”?

Wandering.

It’s just an excuse for moz to show off his Lloyd Grossman impression.

If Moz's recent output is anything to go by, the verse will consist of a thesaurus entry for 'house' and the verse will be the title repeated four times.

nah,its too easy to say that.not everything is about his past.

I agree. To many imo think he’s permanently stuck in his own past and doesn’t exist in the present. He travels the world at a time when inequality is rampant and sees all kinds of people and housing expensive and cheap. How can you not wonder what there like and if they’re happy. It reminds me of keep the aspidistra flying when he kept classifying the types of citizen by there housing as he did not want to be one of those people who lives 15 to a room etc. it’s a natural thing to wonder. Funny, that line above about him and Linder made me think of tonight we fly where he says “looking into all there lives and wondering why happiness is so hard to find.”

Dunno about the premise of the OP, but it’s one of the most interesting songs lyrically on the record.

Example:
“What kind of people live in these houses
T-shirts or blouses, torn jeans or trousers”

“They vote the way they vote
They don’t know how to change
Because their parents did the same”

Last edited:
Well, they are still close friends as far as I know. But I'm not pretty sure Morrissey's been connected his new songs with his past.

Someone posted a few verses of the song at a thread and the lyrics don't be like saying anything about his past. They are more likely about how poor people are building their poverty when they vote the same people their parents did.

Well, they are still close friends as far as I know. But I'm not pretty sure Morrissey's been connected his new songs with his past.

Someone posted a few verses of the song at a thread and the lyrics don't be like saying anything about his past. They are more likely about how poor people are building their poverty when they vote the same people their parents did.

He’s been saying these things for a while now. we won’t vote conservative because we never have, England is sick to death of labor and tories. The whole idea/spirit of I am not a dog on a chain has already been said in Irish blood years ago

He’s been saying these things for a while now. we won’t vote conservative because we never have, England is sick to death of labor and tories. The whole idea/spirit of I am not a dog on a chain has already been said in Irish blood years ago

In certain way, it's always the same, isn't it?

Get a new name.

Back
Top Bottom