What She Said (NME poll winners) version

Blistersoul

Does anyone have a lossless version of the above track they can share with me? I have looked through the various resources and cannot seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blister

Not seen a share/vinyl rip here at lossless.
Given it was probably sourced from the TD, you'd be better off aiming for the FLAC of the track or even the soundboard of the track as they will be nigh on identical.
I will dig round later, but I suspect you'll have a good version of Oxford Apollo, March 18, '85 anyway?
There's no evidence the track was 'produced' for the NME compilation (ie meddled with) - so I'm still convinced it's a TD version and that's been shared without ever using a record player.
Regards,
FWD.

An amazing song. Probably a nod to MC5. Stupendous. Criminally underrated. A firecracker of a song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I smoke cos I'm hoping for an early death and I need to cling to something. Only Morrissey could cling to cigarettes as salvation.

I smoke cos I'm hoping for an early death and I need to cling to something. Only Morrissey could cling to cigarettes as salvation.

Well, Morrissey and Elizabeth Smart.

Watch Marr play the wrong chord at 2:04. Still great though. God, there was so much raw energy. So much testosterone. Young lads making a racket. Mike Joyce.... what can I say. Sexy as f***. I can understand why Marr said he had the best looking rhythm section at the time. Mike excels here for me. He stands out. Great performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not seen a share/vinyl rip here at lossless.
Given it was probably sourced from the TD, you'd be better off aiming for the FLAC of the track or even the soundboard of the track as they will be nigh on identical.
I will dig round later, but I suspect you'll have a good version of Oxford Apollo, March 18, '85 anyway?
There's no evidence the track was 'produced' for the NME compilation (ie meddled with) - so I'm still convinced it's a TD version and that's been shared without ever using a record player.
Regards,
FWD.
What bootleg would you recommend for the Oxford show? Which one is the best quality. I mean.

What bootleg would you recommend for the Oxford show? Which one is the best quality. I mean.
Same Day Again is the one I've been listening to for 20 years. Are the tracks that were plucked to serve as b-sides for the 12" of "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" cleaned up a little bit? I'm not sure. Either way, the aforementioned bootleg is probably the Smiths show I've listened to the most. No complaints about the sound quality whatsoever.

Same Day Again is the one I've been listening to for 20 years. Are the tracks that were plucked to serve as b-sides for the 12" of "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" cleaned up a little bit? I'm not sure. Either way, the aforementioned bootleg is probably the Smiths show I've listened to the most. No complaints about the sound quality whatsoever.
That is the one I will grab. Thanks for the input!

Same Day... is in DavidA's drive.
The digital satellite broadcast version is too.
I'd grab both WSS for comparison.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: the satellite version has a more 'centred' sound and the drums are clearer/balanced more evenly IMHO.
Edit again: I checked the recent Johnky encoding and it's sonically similar to the silver disc version.
The sat broadcast probably is the best quality.

Back
Top Bottom