What song are you listening to right now?

he made peeps listen to the words, gave 'em sth to think about, and then got a reaction from 'em as altered individuals.

Do you have the link to any Robert Zimmerman song where he "sings" about all the white people who are assaulted and murdered by black people in the USA every day? I'd quite like to hear it :thumb:. He has a Nobel Prize, surely he writes about the true state of the world no matter how inconvenient??

Do you have the link to any Robert Zimmerman song where he "sings" about all the white people who are assaulted and murdered by black people in the USA every day? I'd quite like to hear it :thumb:. He has a Nobel Prize, surely he writes about the true state of the world no matter how inconvenient??
would you have the courtesy to prove yourself to be at least somebody before asking me a favour. i'd quite like to see it.:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna have to give this thing a listen.
Can't believe it'll be better than Pleased To Meet Me though.
Well if it is, that's really sayin' somethin'.

Listened to the whole thing and liked it a lot.
Tried gettin' into Don't Tell A Soul over the years and never really liked it, so this was kinda like hearin' a new Replacements record.
This stood out to me on first listen.

Listened to the whole thing and liked it a lot.
Tried gettin' into Don't Tell A Soul over the years and never really liked it, so this was kinda like hearin' a new Replacements record.
This stood out to me on first listen.

agreed. I was gonna post it but felt I had probably posted enough of it for that moment. I have the exact same experience. Own play every once in a while hoping it’ll hit me but it never really did. Pleased to meet me for sure has reverb and compression but dats really went overboard and the extreme gloss mix and compression just buried all the songs in a two dimensional space. All the quirks charms tics and nuance are back. For me it also makes a much more understandable transition to all shook down from a song writing point of view. A new replacements albums that holds up. It’s like someone turned plastic into gold and I didn’t see it coming. Where that smiling thread I need to go retype everything I typed here there....

Thank you for posting this. I am a huge Camera Obscura fan and their sound is one I very much enjoy:

Musical style and influences
Always' music has been described as jangle pop by the music press and its members. According to Rankin, the band's emphasis is primarily on strong melodies, rather than for a specific genre. The band sounds similar to Best Coast and has often been compared to Camera Obscura; Rankin noted she shared vocalist Tracyanne Campbell's "fondness for the pathetic perspective."

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom