What song are you listening to right now?

Ryan Adams - feels like fire

a song for his grandmother which is one of my favs. I like many of the lines. “I wanna run down/ I wanna ride in your car/ you can take me anywhere/ roll us into heaven I don’t care”

“just so you know/ don’t let anybody tell you you can’t say/what you want/ I can hear you”

Great live version , one of the most important Dylan's lyrics

Of course, Morrissey is still the most important thing, but Dylan also made my life a little bit enjoyable. Especially the last few months in the internal lockdown.

"We'll meet on edges, soon, " said I, proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now

It was The YES Album yesterday (a second Central European reissue from 1972), and its first song "Yours Is No Disgrace" literally electrorocked the walls of this old house and all the landmarked buildings of our neighborhood for 10 + minutes boisterously.

This song is a beautifully orchestrated piece of music throughout with a thick guitar carpet that offers the ground for some highly play- and skillful guitar and organ work.
I wondered why this record had to spend the last 50 years in a carton box in sundry storerooms, and not - let's say for example "Sunflower" by The Beach Boys? Well, some mysteries will never be solved.
Unfortunately, I have to say that the rest of the album didn't excite me that much. It took me awhile to find an answer to the question why this was the case, as there were many more moments of guitar perfection and other melodic extravagancies that caught my attention. First of all, it's the vocals, and I learned about myself that I cannot appreciate a complete album when the vocals are not more than mediocre, unless there is something that can compensate for that shortcoming, like for example brilliant lyrics. There is something squeezed, undistinguished and flat about those on the Yes album. For one or two songs it's perfectly okay, but then I need more maturity and variety in a leading voice. That's me, and I know that other people don't care so much about it, as long as the music rocks, but for me it is indeed essential.
Secondly, the heavy guitar groundwork bored me after awhile. I dont know if this is supposed to be the so-called unique "Yes sound" trademark, but I would've enjoyed more variation. "Clap", the second song is great, and if they had included one or two more acoustic guitar pieces as a needed counterpoint to the heavy e-guitars, everything would've been okay.

In a nutshell, sorry, no, I won't digitize this album. But, thanks, Yes, for "Yours Is No Disgrace".

Last edited by a moderator:
Always looking for attention
Always needs to be mentioned
Who does she
Think she should be?

She was nobody's nothing

My life story - the new New Yorker

made me think of rusholme ruffians

my life story - taking on the world

I’m on the verge of loving this guy. I really want to to go to one of there annual London concerts

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom