What would you like the first single to be off Years of Refusal?

Which song would you like to be the first single off Years of Refusal?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Rumour has it (or rather, Boz has stated!) that it will be Paris.
But which song would you choose?

Last edited:
Ah, it's a poll now ;-) . I'm for 'Black Cloud' - title looks surely great in big letters on the sleeve together with a sad Moz' face crying over lost royalties. And Boz said its 'mighty'...

sorry, i'm in silly mood today

Surely it has to be ........ACTION MAN!!!!!!!!

My mind still literally boggles that he has written a song called this...

Its close between Mama Lay Softly, and Something Is Squeezing My Skull, but I choose Mama. I love that song :)

I know that his song title's often have no immediate link to the content of the song but what could he be singing about in a song called Action Man?

Is he going to be poking fun at an "action man" - someone who considers themselves adventureous? Or is it likely to be someone who looks like an action-man, a plastic doll?

Or is it going to be about someone who Moz thinks is a man of action and is respected for it?

Knowing Moz probably all three...

The anticipation is unbearable.......i hope it lasts.

Hmm, 'Paris' not doing so well.
It's a pleasant enough song. Certainly worthy of a place on the album but perhaps not quite lead-off single material...

Preferably nothing written by J. Tobias.

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell is the closest song of that bunch to being a viable single, i.e., relatively commercial--not to say it's the best b/c the lyric is communion wafer-thin. Mama is clearly an album track. Skull would stiff as a single due to the subject matter and having singles D.O.A. usually gives Morrissey night terrors. Paris would be strongest suited as a B-side a la Mexico (the matter of geography merely being coincidental to my opinion).

I, too, would fervently like for Action Man to be a real "up" number with some of the trademark humor of old present.

Last edited:
I wasn't too keen on it at first but ...Paris has really grown on me as has the idea of it being the first single. Mainly because it's so different to All You Need Is Me and That's How... which is a good thing, not because I dislike the songs just to make a bit of a change I guess :rolleyes:

oohh hard one,
it'd have to be mama or skull, i love them both equally,

i'm just concentrating on being patient and waiting for the album...
*bites nails*
:rolleyes:

"Paris" is a very cute song, I like it a lot, but isn't it too slow for the 1st single?
"Mama" is nice, "Something is" ...a little bit hysterical;One day goodbye will be farewell is atrocious.
Maybe a new song?

Last edited:
I know that his song title's often have no immediate link to the content of the song but what could he be singing about in a song called Action Man?
Is he going to be poking fun at an "action man" - someone who considers themselves adventureous? Or is it likely to be someone who looks like an action-man, a plastic doll?
Or is it going to be about someone who Moz thinks is a man of action and is respected for it?Knowing Moz probably all three....

maybe a character like out of southpaw or vauxhall
you know these "dagenham dave, springheeled jim"

I like Mama, then Skull, but I'd prefer the new single to be totally new to my ears and stronger, as a single, than both of these.

:):)

I love "Mama..." more than most things in the world, including "Skull," but "Skull" would probably be a better first single.

It has to be "Throwing My Arms Around Paris", because that is the most beautiful song ever made. You t'ink i'm kiddding?!?! c'mere...

seriously, i love it. it's very moving to me and i think people don't get it; they underrate it and don't even try -- it seems to me-- to get it.

Tags
new album
Back
Top Bottom