What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

Screenshot_2013-10-04-20-32-31.png

The_Hot_Zone_%28cover%29.jpg

There is a relative of the Ebola virus named after my hometown of Reston, Virginia. The Hot Zone is a nonfiction thriller about the Marburg Virus, The Ebola Virus, and the Reston Virus. This is one of the most disgusting, gory, and horrifying things I've ever read in my life, and it's all true.

The_Hot_Zone_%28cover%29.jpg

There is a relative of the Ebola virus named after my hometown of Reston, Virginia. The Hot Zone is a nonfiction thriller about the Marburg Virus, The Ebola Virus, and the Reston Virus. This is one of the most disgusting, gory, and horrifying things I've ever read in my life, and it's all true.

I read this one too. It's some scary shit.

Paul Krugman - Conscience of a Liberal

Superb book about progressive politics in America ( or , indeed , the reasons behind the lack thereof )....

9780007250349.jpg

okay, he got fame through a terrible game show (which I never watched). I actually got to know his name through a band called The Lovedogs and found this book at the library so I thought 'why not'? It's actually pretty good. He didn't always have tourettes, which is quite strange and it gives you an insight to his broke down family and even mentions Siouxie and the Banshees as his mother played with them at many of their gigs. He is a real Adam Ant/Jim Carrey type character. Strange indeed!

currently re-reading unclean jobs for women and girls by alissa nutting

View attachment 16522

before i read her debut novel, tampa.
never heard of her, but I like the cover :thumb:

as for me made my first trip, in a long time, to "Book Worm" and found
ThePenelopiad.jpg

this gem, amazing what you find at a book exchange/bookstore here in central China
she has become one of my favorite authors in the last 6 or 7 years and I am happy to find more of her books to read :)

Peter Warlock - The Life Of Philip Heseltine

Great biography of a fascinating composer. His song cycle "The Curlew" is one of the most sad and affecting bits of music I've heard. Can still remember reading some accounts of the work and then wandering into the HMV store in the city , then happily finding an album of his just sitting there in the rack , almost as though it was waiting for me ...

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom