What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

sometimes you just want to read a book the old fashioned way, in between your hands, so yesterday I treated myself to a gift
7743117.jpg

:)

Just finished 'My shit life so far' by the comedian Frankie Boyle. At least two belly laughs per page..:)

- - - Updated - - -

Cities_of_the_Plain_Cover.jpg

another gem founded @ "Bookworm"

I went through a short phase where I was reading anything by McCarthy I could get my hands on... Child of God ended the love affair. I felt dirty and sick after I finished it. The sign of a truly powerful writer, yes, but it was just too much for me. The baby eating scene in The Road was a bit much too. Never got to Cities of the Plain.

- - - Updated - - -

I went through a short phase where I was reading anything by McCarthy I could get my hands on... Child of God ended the love affair. I felt dirty and sick after I finished it. The sign of a truly powerful writer, yes, but it was just too much for me. The baby eating scene in The Road was a bit much too. Never got to Cities of the Plain.
yeah, "Blood Meridian" was the first book I read after the "Gulf War" so this author has always resonated for me on a deep level :straightface:
but I see where he can be too visceral for some :o

Haven't read this one but Moore's a great comedic writer- good choice!
and from the other side, another author I discovered in the 90s and just love, all be it for completely different reasons :)
however, right now I am reading a book given to me by a Chinese friend of mine, they had heard me gush about the awesomeness of Chinese-American journalist Lisa Ling
and lent me their copy of:
9780062000675.jpg

gotta say, was not following the story, really like it, and I have come to learn that often, outside of the USA at least
that people wanting to be or liking journalism is code for being, erm, uhh, "progressive" when it comes to the future
I like this, and happy to have been given this to read...

Just finished 'My shit life so far' by the comedian Frankie Boyle. At least two belly laughs per page..:)

I wouldn't recommend his second book though, although I loved his début. It's really bad. It's when his comedy got stupendously dark. The first few pages alone will give you an idea what it's like. Not nice. I plan to read his third book when I have some time and money on my hands :)

been reading quite a bit recently.

just finished this

The%u00252BSad%u00252BTale%u00252Bof%u00252Bthe%u00252BBrothers%u00252BGrossbart.jpg

which was pretty good. gruesome and funny.

also just gone through this for the fourth or fifth time

432595542_640.jpg

it is without a doubt the funniest thing i have ever read.

also re-read

samuels.jpg

i love it. very eerie and unsettling short stories.

just starting this now

wittgensteinmistress.jpg

seems very interesting so far.

the only time i've ever bought a copy of playboy was genuinely for an article. more accurately it was for a short story, guts by chuck palahniuk. i was intrigued because i'd heard a lot about people fainting at readings. i bought it and met my friend at a bus stop where we smoked a joint and i started to read it to him. about half of the way through the story he asked me to stop because he was feeling sick. then i took the magazine home and had a wank over the naked ladies. true story.

1545121_1596046590443239_392505521_n.jpg

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom