What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

bk4576.jpg

excellent

n21635.jpg

It's quite depressing, I think. I have some John Updike for afterwards, never read him before.

I always carry Arthur Rimbaud's Illuminations and Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray on me at all times and re-read passages whenever the mood hits me, which is often. Words cannot express what Rimbaud and Wilde mean to me.

The last book I read was a gift from my brother - a collection of short-stories by Haruki Murakami called Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman.

Last edited:
'Sex Crimes of the Futcher' by Billy Childish, prompted an interesting conversation with a lad in my class: "What's that book about Heather? Is it about sex crimes?" *understanding nod*

It was quite worrying.

'Sex Crimes of the Futcher' by Billy Childish, prompted an interesting conversation with a lad in my class: "What's that book about Heather? Is it about sex crimes?" *understanding nod*

It was quite worrying.

Never read anything by Billy Childish, even though I introduced you to him (;)). Any good?

Never read anything by Billy Childish, even though I introduced you to him (;)). Any good?

Yeah, I think so, if you don't mind the dyslexic descriptions of anal sex (of which there are surprisingly many). I've read another of his too, "Notebooks of a Naked Youth", I'll have to lend them to you, make myself useful :p

That book could have much more powerful if it wasn't so long. It's repetitiveness blunts the reader from the brutal crimes of the Stalinist regime. I think One Day in the Life of Ivan Denosovich is much better.

Also Solzhenitsyn was starting to become a reactionary nut by the time he was writing Gulag.

I was about to start a thread like this, but figured there would already be one and when I looked, the first post was about the same book I've started to read.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. So far, I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

Wuthering, wuthering Wuthering Heights.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom