What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

Crime & Punishment

Started reading this yesterday:

songs-of-the-humpback-whale.jpg

It's not very good so far; I'm not sure I'll bother reading it in its entirety. I am a bit baffled by Jodi Picoult, as her first books were fantastic, but seem to be devolving in quality.

I have, however, just finished:

brighton%20rock.jpg

One of the best books I've read in quite some time. Utterly fantastic - Greene manages to create a complex and incredibly intrguing character from a figure which could so easily be a two-dimension cliche in less skilled hands.

There's also always this to fall back on:

9780571226719.jpg

I made a recent trip to Foyle's on Charing Cross Road. My, how I love that shop :D

Morrissey's birthday cards.:D

A Bag of Bones by Stephen King. Usually I like something a bit more slice-of-life or whatever than King's stuff but I gotta say, he is an absolutely incredible writer, whatever his genre. Enjoyed it a lot.

I've always wanted to read Stephen King but I think he might be a bit too gruesome for my taste.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

No, I do not read the same book twice, I simply never got around to reading this. There is an iPhone App that has a grouping of public domain books available to read on your iPhone. Great idea, keeps me busy on the train but I must admit the page turning can be anoying. The "cute" factor of dragging my finger across the screen to turn the page got pretty old pretty quickly.

1571312692.jpg

was really looking forward to reading it but it's actually outrageously stupid and offensive to men.

Last edited:
I'm presently in the middle of "School of the Americas: Military Training and Political Violence in the Americas". For those who don't know, the SOA now called WHINSEC is a military training facility run out of Fort Benning, Georgia, where during the Cold War and afterwards, foreign soldiers from US supported brutal dictatorships like Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador etc., would go there to receive military training which they would later use on their civilian population. Unfortunately, this institution still exists. Find out more and join the campaign at SOA Watch: http://www.soaw.org/index.php

I also just started "U.S. Intelligence and the Nazis" by Richard Breitman, Norman J.W. Goda, Timothy Naftali, and Robert Wolfe. It's about how after the end of WWII the CIA scooped up Nazi officers and paid and protected them for various clandestine activities, including monsters like Klaus Barbie. Christopher Simpson's "Blowback" was very good, but this supposedly contains newly declassified info so it should be even better.

The Little Prince.

For the zillionth time. Make more sense every time.

I am reading case studies on Brown v the Board of Education (1954)

I'm reading both The Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse but it makes me suicidal so I need to mix it with something else, and that is Rabbit Is Rich by John Updike.

Still on Crime & Punishment.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom