Ok,write here how much was the biggest sum of money you paid for:

1.Morrissey 7"
2.Morrissey 12"
3.Morrissey LP

example would be mine:
1.Satan rejected my soul 10 GBP
2.Certain people i know 15 GBP
3.Southpaw grammar + booklet 15 GBP

another great thread Doctor but I'm not sure many of us will want to reveal how much we've shelled out, I try to forget! :)
I recently paid $100 for a 7"

love

Grim

Ok,write here how much was the biggest sum of money you paid for:

1.Morrissey 7"
2.Morrissey 12"
3.Morrissey LP

I'll play - nothing too shocking (yet)

7" £55
12" £57
LP £23
CD £50

I collect only song versions, so my list won't be very interesting:

cassette: $18 (Department of Enjoyment)
7": $45? ("I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong")
12": $25 (German "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others")
LP: $50 (U.K. Buzz #004)
CD: $30 ("The Boy Racer" promo--another copy of which went for pennies just the other day)

Oh, c'mon, tell us the specifics!

If that $100 CD is the "Last Night I Dreamt" that sold on eBay a couple weeks ago, I'll put you down on my shit list. :)

Specifics (vinyls are Australian Ask versions 7"/12", LP was SG, CD That's Entertainment/Suedehead)

and no way did I buy that :p (coloured vinyl is my downfall normally)

Last edited:
I'm not sure b/c I get amnesia (plausable deniability) after I make an large purchase. I would guess the most I've paid recently is $350 for the Moz/Bowie BBC radio show CD.

What’s your most expensive piece of Moz/Smith memorabilia?

Mine is probably my copy of Morrissey shot. I paid £80 for it but it was a bit of an accident. It’s a nice book to have, full of wonderful photos but I don’t think it’s quite worth that much and I’m sure I could have got it a lot cheaper. I made a bid of £7.99 for it on ebay, or what I thought was £7.99. I had forgotten to put in the decimal point so my bid was really £799. I was in a rush so I didn’t check it. A week past and I had forgotten all about it. I checked my email and discovered that I had I won and thought I had got a real bargin. I suppose I should just be grateful that it didn’t go any higher.

I also paid £50 for my copy of peepholism but I think that’s pretty much what they go for these day’s.

I’m sure you’re all a lot more extravagant. ;)

Re: What’s your most expensive piece of Moz/Smith memorabilia?

Mine is probably my copy of Morrissey shot. I paid £80 for it but it was a bit of an accident. It’s a nice book to have, full of wonderful photos but I don’t think it’s quite worth that much and I’m sure I could have got it a lot cheaper. I made a bid of £7.99 for it on ebay, or what I thought was £7.99. I had forgotten to put in the decimal point so my bid was really £799. I was in a rush so I didn’t check it. A week past and I had forgotten all about it. I checked my email and discovered that I had I won and thought I had got a real bargin. I suppose I should just be grateful that it didn’t go any higher.

I also paid £50 for my copy of peepholism but I think that’s pretty much what they go for these day’s.

did you have to pay the £799?????

did you have to pay the £799?????

No, sorry I should have explained that a bit better, £799 was my maximum bid. The bid only went up to £80.

You could've bought it from Amazon.
I got it from an Amazon seller for £20.

Still no luck for getting Peepholism. :(

No, sorry I should have explained that a bit better, £799 was my maximum bid. The bid only went up to £80.

whew! im glad for you

well, i almost paid $350 for pit tickets at msg.. glad i didnt do that!!

7" - £100 - Suedehead, Japanese promo (not cheap but in perfect condition including the sleeve, I've never seen one this good before or since)

12" - none that have cost me a lot of money

LP - £40 - Education in Reverse (but that included P&P from New Zealand to Blightie)

cd - £70 - That's Entertainment, Dutch promo (which appears to be a bit of a bargain)

Yes, I know there are some of you who managed to find a copy of 'That's Entertainment' for less than bag of chips but all the copies I've found on the web over the last 3 months are at least knocking on three figures so I was happy to find a mint copy for only £70 especially as I also got a copy of The Smiths - 'What difference Does it Make' UK cd for £12 from the same dealer.

Back
Top Bottom