who here believes in karma

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly do. :)

No..people get away with shit daily and they just die like the rest of us.:(

No..people get away with shit daily and they just die like the rest of us.:(

That's the most intelligent thing that I've ever heard you say.

Anyone believing in karma go a word for Madeleine McCann's parents? People in the twin towers? The desperate people of Haiti?

this kid in the car is trying to hit a kid on a bike with the open car door. He falls out and hits his face on a parked car at speed. not nice to watch and probably not one to gloat about, but it's an example of what some people think karma is about.

I think that none of us ever get away with anything really. If you do something to someone to harm them, at some level you know that makes you less of a person. If you don't know that, you have other issues, and whatever deadens your feelings must also prevent you from knowing profound joy as well. We see people that we may think are evil appearing to live the good life, but so many times when we find out what their lives are like, it is not something to envy.

I think that might be the way "karma" works on an individual level. On a larger scale we all have created the world we live in to some degree. If you develop the habits of treating other people badly, they are more likely to treat other people badly, and eventually those other people will treat you badly, and it's exponential. So it's nice to be nice when you can and reserve your nastiness for people that really need a dose of it.

It's probably better to turn the other cheek, and let their own actions do them in, if that is the course they are on, but there seems to be something in human nature that values justice and retribution and seeing people get what they deserve. I wouldn't go too overboard on wanting to see people get what they deserve though, because we are all spared the consequences of our actions occasionally. Hmmmmmmm, that contradicts my first sentence doesn't it. I'm just talking nonsense. :p

I think that none of us ever get away with anything really. If you do something to someone to harm them, at some level you know that makes you less of a person. If you don't know that, you have other issues, and whatever deadens your feelings must also prevent you from knowing profound joy as well. We see people that we may think are evil appearing to live the good life, but so many times when we find out what their lives are like, it is not something to envy.

I don't think this is true; I think some people happily kill, steal, and live the high life and get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom