Who was your childhood football hero?

Drew a swallow

deep and blue
Mine was Pat Nevin. Genius winger, great taste in music. He once told me a tale about him and Whiteside in a car with Mozz.

Eric Cantona, met him quite alot, got my picture with him, aswell, fond memories.

Also there's a nice picture of Morrissey sporting an Eric top, although i've heard Eric refused to shake his hand..

Definitely Dick Butkus and Terry Bradshaw. Johnny Unitas & Joe Namath, too.

Ultimately the best, Walter Payton :cool: :bow:

Dennis Tueart:bow:
I lived and breathed for the bloke......
Last City player to score a winning goal for City at Wembley in the 1976 League Cup final..... I was 13:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha i think that picture was my sig for a while or maybe it's one of my profile pictures on facebook. are you stalking me danielle?

Charles Woodson, the 1997 Heisman Trophy winner. He's from my hometown, and i got to meet him awhile back. Very nice man.

And as far as "futbol" is concerned, i'd have to go with...hmmm...Tony Meola. I was an all-league keeper for several years as a lad, and i loved watching him. :D

The mighty Steve Flack. Check out this goal and celebration after 1:13. The cap-in-hand celebration is because the Exeter players hadn't been paid for some months.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zy2gg5nwYWk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zy2gg5nwYWk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

My current hero though is not a player, but a manager: Paul Tisdale.
paul-tisdale-photo-shoot-2.jpg

When he came to Exeter City 3 years ago we'd had 3 promotions in 102 years and had never played at Wembley. Now we've had 5 promotions in 105 years and 2 visits to Wembley! :)

Back
Top Bottom