Why do YOU not have freedom of speech? Or freedom to wear a badge on TV? - @officalmoz / Twitter

401388C0-BA44-4270-A54E-08F8ABB06FE6.jpeg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim is fronting James tonight and playing to 50,000 people in Heaton Park Manchester.
To be fair, Tommy Morrissey is alone and watching a Terrance Stamp film from 1959 tonight and having a great time. Let’s face it, he’s number 1 in Jubrovia or whatever shit he’s making up today, so he’s bound to be chuffed. But well done James! Hope they have a great one tonight.

To be fair, Tommy Morrissey is alone and watching a Terrance Stamp film from 1959 tonight and having a great time. Let’s face it, he’s number 1 in Jubrovia or whatever shit he’s making up today, so he’s bound to be chuffed. But well done James! Hope they have a great one tonight.
A Great Beef Broth no doubt, served up by the vegetarian activist Tim Booth, :laughing:

Oh Good, did you miss the Spice Girls?

Tim and his suck mates 'james' are the SUPPORT act for headliners the
'Courteeners':lbf: How embarrassing.
what a SUCKO group:confounded: Tim will be there with the bald head and pajamas.:grin:

Poor f***ers LOL rent money must be due. Not only that they are also lower on the bill behind
DMA and PALE WAVES!!???:confused:
They will be on while he porta potties are being set up :lbf:
there is something very appropriate about that.:pileofpoop:

First responses on twitter - he really needs to shut the f*** up.
    1. Nobody banned you from wearing your little badge ffs. You were granted the freedom to wear it and others have the freedom to call you a dick for doing so.

Who hurt Morrissey?

Morrissey did

2. You do have the freedom to wear the badge, just deal with the consequences when you
      You were free to wear it. And you did wear it. We’re now free to take you at your word.

3. When you support Fascists don’t be surprised when they rest of us ‘don’t get it’.
    1. No one has prohibited you from doing it. We’re just calling you out for being a bit dodgy politically

you boring! something Morrissey will never be.

:rolleyes:

WTF?? having an episode at the shuffle board garden:crazy:???
Good songwriting is ACTION not WORDS!:crazy:
LOL! He’s not and has NEVER been a song-writer. He was a great singer and lyricist, backed by some VERY talented, song-writing musicians - once upon a time. Those days are LONG over.

These days? Puddles the clown is more Morrissey than Morrissey. His covers are better, as is his attitude.

...and your mom wants you to nip upstairs and clean the kitchen counter and microwave. You’ve left a mess again, with your pizza-pops, discount ramen and Tang.

Freedom to disagree and criticise, yes. Freedom to pull down posters because one cry baby snowflake spastic doesn't share his opinions? No bloody way.
Who’s the f***ing “cry baby snowflake”?

Did you even read the tweet before posting this?

I will amend this post, by myself of course. Tim Booth is not of any significance, apologies for stating that he was. Any vegetarian who consumes beef is insignificant, I think?
Vegetarians, in the gross and scope of history, are as insignificant as farts in the wind.

freedom of speech should never mean freedom to abuse.

:thumb:

That’s what this tweet is all about.

Seems no one else here understands that.

For example, Noel Gallagher doesn’t agree with Morrissey’s views, but Noel respects
that everyone should be allowed to have their opinions without being hounded with the aim to crucify.

Tolerance and understanding, seems to be a rare thing these days.

Before anyone downvotes my post to disrespect my opinion, pause and ask.. did I downvote your opinion?

For example, Noel Gallagher doesn’t agree with Morrissey’s views, but Noel respects
that everyone should be allowed to have their opinions without being hounded with the aim to crucify.

Before anyone downvotes my post to disrespect my opinion, pause and ask.. did I downvote your opinion?

Who has abused him, only thing I can see is comments that don’t support his views?

I’ve already stated in my post that he is being hounded, rather than having his opinions respected as all opinions should be respected from anyone, even if you disagree.

Is he being hounded or being challenged about his views. I have said many times I don’t agree with his views but I also wonder if his views are guided by people he has around him?

I’m sorry, but, I don’t feel that what the Guardian has been doing can be called challenging his views.

Who does he have around him? You think Jesse is shaping Morrissey’s views? lol. Anyway, I don’t think that’s important to this thread.

Jesse is just a hired guitar player, there are other people far closer to him, do you really think tonight’s tweets were Morrissey or people around Morrissey?

Yeah - because that’s how you lot behave when someone disagrees with the whingy, narcissistic drivel that seeps from Morrissey’s pouty mouth.

It’s worded poorly enough to be Morrissey. :lbf:

As I said in my first post, that people are not understanding that tweet.

Which is not really about having the freedom to say or do things, but having the freedom to say or do and have those opinions or actions be respected and not be hounded/abused for them.
If you wanna exercise your freedom of speech by tweeting “poor me” bullshit, you can expect an equal or greater response.

...and “respect” is something that’s earned. NOBODY owes Morrissey a single shred of respect for his toddleresque whining and complaining about how hard-done-by he is.

He could definitely earn my respect by putting out an album - even a f***ing SINGLE - that’s not complete shite. ...something he hasn’t done in at least two decades.

I do like the Roy Orbison cover though. It suits what’s left of his vocal abilities, which should be emphasized, considering the fact that his writing well has long run dry.

Twitter it is then, for you lot.

You see, your mistake there is conflating my abuse, when I want to do it, with your use of a pejorative term for someone who cannot change who they are. I know when I want to abuse people. I also know that using disabled people as an insult is not right, just as it's not right to use someone's skin colour or sexuality. You used a disability as an insult.

I'm also going to wager a bet that you actually don't mean it, and you're pissed.
Yah I didn't mean it. I am slightly pissed that I used that word. But... you can't strive to always be politically correct all the time. Sometimes we say things the wrong way.

Can you point to where i mention violence?
You're such a wuss you don't even dare to admit it. You are so far from being able to use violence in real life you shouldn't even think about it cause the end result would be a major clean up.

It’s worded poorly enough to be Morrissey. :lbf:

As I said in my first post, that people are not understanding that tweet.

Which is not really about having the freedom to say or do things, but having the freedom to say or do and have those opinions or actions be respected and not be hounded/abused for them.

Ketamine, I don't think Morrissey is racist, I think he says things for effect but has become out of touch with what his fan base feel, which has led to a decline in his popularity in the UK. Did Morrissey decide to say the things he has or was he advised to? I have no idea. What disappoints me is that I first saw this guy in 1986, I think at Manchester Free Trade Hall. Back then he appealed to people of a similar age (younger in my case) because he had views that people could align to at that time. Over the years, he has become a multi millionaire but the fans from that time in the main have not. They have got married, had kids, watched the news formed opinions etc etc. At the same time Morrissey has got richer, surrounded himself with god knows who and has formed his own opinion on what he has been told, is he being told what people really think, who knows? What I feel is that he has become so far removed from what the real world it has become really damaging for him? The posts today are really disappointing from my perspective and if he reads the responses it may give him the wake up call he needs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom