Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

I don’t agree with Moz on this at all. With 130,000 dead here in the US and cases rising in all states that refused mask mandates it’s Moz who’s lacking common sense. The GOP are the party of selfishness in their demand to let them infect others and themselves during a pandemic. Apparently Moz is equally selfish. One would think he might feel differently given that Boz’s wife had it already.

I don’t agree with Moz on this at all. With 130,000 dead here in the US and cases rising in all states that refused mask mandates it’s Moz who’s lacking common sense. The GOP are the party of selfishness in their demand to let them infect others and themselves during a pandemic. Apparently Moz is equally selfish. One would think he might feel differently given that Boz’s wife had it already.

I think his issue is the power of the state to impose severe restrictions with penalties rather than just give advice.

It was a serious conversation & I don't think anyone was really happy with it, but the modelling was worrying enough & the public reaction strong enough to make a lockdown seem advisable.

Tbh, when I first heard the proposal I thought everyone had lost their minds. What kind of dystopian sci-fi horror would make us tell people they couldn't leave their own home for weeks on end. But, there's 2020 for you.

wow. i regret ever giving any money or time to that useless old cocksucker.

I haven't read all the tripe in this thread, but here in Finland we have had only 7000+ diagnosed infections and less than 500 deaths. All because of a proper lockdown. Now there are only about 5 infections per day and things are pretty much back to normal. The difference between us and Sweden is huge: they have about twice as many people but over ten times more deaths and infections. And yet their economy has suffered too.

The BLM one has a point about lockdown - he says if we could break lockdown for BLM, why did we need a lockdown.

That'll be why the video was posted.

It's the only thing that makes it fit with the 3 other videos.
BLM broke lockdown against all Government, Council and Police advice, they then predictably attack the police, property (Downing St. gates included), statues etc causing chaos in cities up and down the UK by hijacking a tragic incident in the USA that has nothing to do with anything in this country. Interestingly BBC and Sky Sports presenters have backed away from the movement after initially supporting them, now realising their ulterior motives which are quite frankly out of sync with any decent folks.

BLM broke lockdown against all Government, Council and Police advice, they then predictably attack the police, property (Downing St. gates included), statues etc causing chaos in cities up and down the UK by hijacking a tragic incident in the USA that has nothing to do with anything in this country. Interestingly BBC and Sky Sports presenters have backed away from the movement after initially supporting them, now realising their ulterior motives which are quite frankly out of sync with any decent folks.

You're a moron. And a racist. Have you forgotten this? How are they not 'breaking lockdown', as you put it?

M is trolling the lot of you,all he has do is put up one of these videos and as soon as you can say dung theres 14 pages and counting.got better things to do with my time see ya all tonight.
just noticed skinny above calling someone racist,,,,AGAIN.guys aff ees heed.

You're a moron. And a racist. Have you forgotten this? How are they not 'breaking lockdown', as you put it?

Well you're wrong on your first two assertions but I'm not offended as you don't know me and you always jump to conclusions about EVERYONE. You are correct though on your final point, they are breaking lockdown but my point was in relation to BLM and how can they expect to garner support by rioting up and down the country. I do condemn all mass gatherings in city centres...black, white, left or right, all groups. I don't side with any of them as they've rejected advice to stay at home and avoid potentially catching or spreading the dreaded virus.

The organisation BLM in the UK was the usual bunch of hard left activists who would turn up to your Grandmother's funeral with a placard if the time & place got posted in their group chat. I'm not surprised they did something stupid.

Otherwise it was a spontaneous reaction to police brutality, made more acute because they were stuck indoors. And I think the cause in of itself is a good one.

M is trolling the lot of you,all he has do is put up one of these videos and as soon as you can say dung theres 14 pages and counting.got better things to do with my time see ya all tonight.
just noticed skinny above calling someone racist,,,,AGAIN.guys aff ees heed.
Yeah gordy, that was my post he called moronic and racist, there's nothing offensive in what I posted, just stating what has actually happened.

The organisation BLM in the UK was the usual bunch of hard left activists who would turn up to your Grandmother's funeral with a placard if the time & place got posted in their group chat. I'm not surprised they did something stupid.

Otherwise it was a spontaneous reaction to police brutality, made more acute because they were stuck indoors. And I think the cause in of itself is a good one.
Yeah but you can't just excuse the violence that ensued, that has to be condemned because any point they're trying to make is lost amongst that. Some folk even trying to say the reaction was understandable and justified, now that is just utter nonsense. Any intelligent person would walk away from that but so called professional people felt it was acceptable to be right in the middle of it...disgraceful and shameful behaviour.

Yeah gordy, that was my post he called moronic and racist, there's nothing offensive in what I posted, just stating what has actually happened.
ignore him,the guy flipped his lid years ago and has never recovered.

Morrissey isn't respectable. He's been denounced, dragged & dismissed as Far Right. He's an easy target.

Douglas is published by Bloomsbury, The Spectator & most newspapers. He's on podcasts, YouTube videos & television. He's got a network. He goes to social events. He's recommended in bookshops.

The fact that his book contains a plea to bring the far right to the centre gets blanked. It's awkward. They will gleefully skip on to Moz's wide trousers if you give them half a excuse.
He's been dismissed as far right? Yes, it's completely other people's fault. Nothing to do with the fact that on his own personal website, he urged (and continues to urge) everyone to vote for a far-right political party.

Yeah but you can't just excuse the violence that ensued, that has to be condemned because any point they're trying to make is lost amongst that. Some folk even trying to say the reaction was understandable and justified, now that is just utter nonsense. Any intelligent person would walk away from that but so called professional people felt it was acceptable to be right in the middle of it...disgraceful and shameful behaviour.

It wasn't that bad - I've seen May Days that were a lot worse.

It wasn't that bad - I've seen May Days that were a lot worse.
Aww come on it was dreadful, the news footage was shocking and the core troublemakers were hellbent on violence. Imagine going about your business or having to protect your property when it was all kicking off? Tearing down statues and spraying graffiti everywhere. What about the attacks on the Police and their horses? Heavy missiles just getting launched through the air with no regard or care as to where they landed? Let's not forget the loonies attacking the Downing Street gates, that's anarchic and just not on. You can't just brush all that behaviour aside and pretend it didn't happen. And finally the mass gatherings against all intelligent advice amidst a global pandemic. I can't condone any of that.

Lionel Shriver, great stuff. She is absolutely right.
And Douglas Murray is one of the sole sane voices these days in British media.

Proud of you once again, Moz.

Small c conservatives don't think they're being deliberately out bred by Saudi backed Islamists because cultural Marxists want to destroy the West.

And if he doesn't think that, he needs to stop saying it & remove it from his work.

He's a political commentator - he should know exactly what he's punting.

I don’t know that he claims they’re being ‘deliberately outbred’, that’s just an anti-Islamic version of great replacement theory which would be far-right. His argument is that whatever the drivers are - mostly ill-judged policy from Europe itself - it’s a symptom of the scenario given. In terms of cultural Marxism, yes the far-right have co-opted the term and created a more conspiratorial version of it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a thing. I studied Sociology at university and one of the modules was about the relationship and crossover between critical theory and MarxIsm. One of my textbooks was called ‘Cultural Marxism in Post-War Britain’, it was freely available in the university library! But now - according to the Guardian and people on social media who have no idea what they’re talking about - cultural Marxism is a ‘right wing conspiracy theory’. They should’ve explained that to my obviously left-wing tutors!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom