Morrissey Central "Wikipedia" (June 8, 2021)

images_dzjvla.jpg

"'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' wasn't written about the band James, 'You're The One For Me, Fatty' wasn't ever about Cathal Smyth, and 'Frankly, Mr Shankly' is not about Geoff Travis.
Who decided that they were?"
- Morrissey, 2020.

👋Waves at Morrissey.
FWD.

This kinda reminds me of when Moz issud a statement that EVERY signed item on eBay was a fake. I'm not sure anyone will listen. Some of these myths (if myths they be) have had decades doing the rounds, its very late to try and deny them now.

He used to be more evasive about the content of his songs to allow people have their own interpretations.
As it should be TBH.
Morrissey has certainly read a lot of poetry, books, song lyrics and so on: do you think he went after the authors to ask them what their source of inspiration was?

Well even if they're not excerpts from that 'lost' interview, wouldn't it be fantastic if he did do a few sessions to explain what/who some of his songs were actually about?
Or would that ruin things slightly:unsure:

Edit: No, he'll probably do a book at some point.
The book won't have chapters and we'll have no idea what song he's talking about as he jumps around in time like a Delorean driven by a crack addict.

6807c351bf1db7fe92953059809f986c.jpg

He used to be more evasive about the content of his songs to allow people have their own interpretations.
I tend to think that even if a song was inspired by a particular person he knew, once he starts writing it becomes something else - a fictionalised thing, where he could quite easily change something just because it makes a better lyric, or a better rhyme, rather than whatever the boring reality is.

Also I do think it tends to make things a bit boring if they are completely nailed down and closed off to all other interpretations. Sometimes you're better off not knowing.

Sometimes, if not always, it is about perception. Morrissey, unfortunately, should be very familiar with that from the previous year. Morrissey is most certainly NOT racist but the perception of him is that he is. So perception wins every time. It is sad to say.

I like the singer to say what his songs mean. I would ask Moz about several songs... It's rare to see a 2020 statement published in 2021 -- it's any suggestion of something,.... he wanted to tell us something!!! But send the interview if you have it !!!. I also want an autobiography 2, and a bonfire theme Moz I want to see it all........!!!!!!!

At the very least he is lying about one of them.

View attachment 73096

"'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' wasn't written about the band James, 'You're The One For Me, Fatty' wasn't ever about Cathal Smyth, and 'Frankly, Mr Shankly' is not about Geoff Travis.
Who decided that they were?"
- Morrissey, 2020.

👋Waves at Morrissey.
FWD.

Well word round the fountian was W.H.I.W.O.F.B.S., was written about Miss Margaret T, Morrissey's secret nanny. M.O.T.G. was about their secret sessions together....singing ofcorse. Y.T.O.F.M.F, was written for Opro. Morrissey loves Opro and sings, "My life is Oprah", in Art Hounds. Check it out. Moving on....F.M.S., is written for all the priests Morrissey experienced as a strapping young lad. Moz would clock the frisky devils when the need be for a bit of the rough. Cheerio....suckers

It is ! ...,

Michael ‘Elephant Man’s Bones’ Jackson.

;)
Michael Jackson said that he didn't buy the Elephant Man's bones. He said he related to him and his life but he didn't want to buy his bones it was a false story. Michael Jackson said all this in the Oprah Winfrey interview in 1993. I love Morrissey and Michael Jackson no matter what. I don't know if you can relate to this but I wish I could go back to the 1980s.

Michael Jackson said that he didn't buy the Elephant Man's bones. He said he related to him and his life but he didn't want to buy his bones it was a false story. Michael Jackson said all this in the Oprah Winfrey interview in 1993. I love Morrissey and Michael Jackson no matter what. I don't know if you can relate to this but I wish I could go back to the 1980s.

:)I didn’t say that he did.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom