Will You Listen To YOR When It Leaks?

well he will premiere 3 or 4 songs at least in cork and dublin in less than 3 weeks so we will get them on bootleg throughout the summer IMO

cossy

well he will premiere 3 or 4 songs at least in cork and dublin in less than 3 weeks so we will get them on bootleg throughout the summer IMO

cossy

I only expect live debut of Children in Pieces, but he won't play other new songs except Paris, Skull and Mama.

I expect some of the new album will be played here too. Aside from what has been heard already.
As regards the question, I yearn for the old days when one had no alternative but to wait 'til the day of release before hearing an album. But, Oscar Wilde, I can resist anything etc.

Hellz yeah! I'll buy it the day it is released but I have absolutely no qualms about listening to it beforehand. I deprive myself of enough things as it is.

I'm confident I will have the will power. The day it comes out I will run and snatch and listen to it.

Yes, I will.

I guess it depends then. If it's a concurrent US release, I'll go to the store and get it first thing that Tuesday (releases are on Tuesdays here.)

If it's set back a few weeks from the UK release, I'll order from the UK and listen to a rip until my legitimate copy arrives.

But I won't listen to it until I've paid for a copy, even if it's not in my hands yet.

I really hope it doesn't leak, because I am excited to get it, race back to my car, unwrap it, pop it into the CD player, and sit there, listening, enraptured in the parking lot. Just like the old days. I remember running out after school to buy Viva Hate, and many other albums too- I remember doing that with REM's Out of Time.

I don't think it matters if you do listen to a leaked copy beforehand, even if you haven't payed for it yet, as seeing most of us are devout fans, who will eventually get an original copy. The only question is quality really, as the leaked copy will probably be of a lesser quality than the finished product.

I'm going to wait for the official release as well, as I'm not really one who must hear it as soon as possible. Plus, it is quite nice getting it on the day, shuffling into town and picking up a copy when it comes out.

On a tangent, I don't mind people who do download illegally, as most music fans like to buy original formats etc. I think quite a large section of Morrissey fans got into him via "illegal" copies - Mixtapes etc and all of them probably have all the original copies now plus all the Italian and Japanese imports.

Ok - can someone please enlighten me as to what YOR stands for? Sorry, but I must've missed that one!

Tags
new album
Back
Top Bottom