Will You Listen To YOR When It Leaks?

mozzer7

Just wondering if most people will listen to the album when it leaks, or wait for the actual release date?

Personally, I plan on waiting. There's nothing like running to the store on release day, rushing home, and listening to an album for the first time with the artwork and lyrics right in front of you.

Personally, I plan on waiting. There's nothing like running to the store on release day, rushing home, and listening to an album for the first time with the artwork and lyrics right in front of you.

This :)

I guess it depends then. If it's a concurrent US release, I'll go to the store and get it first thing that Tuesday (releases are on Tuesdays here.)

If it's set back a few weeks from the UK release, I'll order from the UK and listen to a rip until my legitimate copy arrives.

But I won't listen to it until I've paid for a copy, even if it's not in my hands yet.

I really hope it doesn't leak, because I am excited to get it, race back to my car, unwrap it, pop it into the CD player, and sit there, listening, enraptured in the parking lot. Just like the old days. I remember running out after school to buy Viva Hate, and many other albums too- I remember doing that with REM's Out of Time.

I guess it depends then. If it's a concurrent US release, I'll go to the store and get it first thing that Tuesday (releases are on Tuesdays here.)

If it's set back a few weeks from the UK release, I'll order from the UK and listen to a rip until my legitimate copy arrives.

But I won't listen to it until I've paid for a copy, even if it's not in my hands yet.

I really hope it doesn't leak, because I am excited to get it, race back to my car, unwrap it, pop it into the CD player, and sit there, listening, enraptured in the parking lot. Just like the old days. I remember running out after school to buy Viva Hate, and many other albums too- I remember doing that with REM's Out of Time.
I'm really hoping the release is Monday in the UK, Tuesday in the US. I'm fairly certain that's what will happen. And I know what you mean, I'd feel too bad listening to it had I not paid for it yet.

My plan is to save my ears until I have it in my cd player and looking at every little detail of the album artwork & lyrics.

Waiting is half the excitement! I don't want to spoil it.

I djed for many years so i used to always got promo copies of things a month or so before they came out,i still get alot of stuff in mail and i got both YATQ and ROTT as promo copies a month before they were both released,so i wont have to listen to a leaked copy

:D

I shall try my best to not listen to it untill i buy it- as i love running the shop first thing and then listening to it at home. I shall find it hard not to listen to leaks if they do come out though:o

i really enjoy the process of running to the record store and back with some new vinyl or getting it in the mail and placing a needle to it. it will be hard to resist DLing it, but i'm pretty sure i'll wait till I have the album so I can take in the art and lyrics and all.

I will listen to whatever I can get, as soon as it's available. i feel no guilt or shame, if I could hear it before I get the chance to purchase it, so be it.

You bet.

I hate to be a whore here, but I have a music blog and I've done album reviews before they're released, like Ringleader of the Tormentors and Greatest Hits.

just tryin:rolleyes:
listen.jpg

Naa, the ones i really look forward to (Such as PJ Harvey, Bjork and The White Stripes recently) i wait till they're properly released and buy on the day, all adds to the excitement!

Tags
new album
Back
Top Bottom