with Morrissey fans supporting Morrissey's racist remarks...

Scarlet's a lil' bit racist. But she makes up for it by calling you titties and stuff. A weird nut to crack but worth being in the mix.

You are too divine my dear, I thank you for being you.

i better not let her know i'm a foreigner living in London then

Too late...also nice to see we may be getting a whole herd of Indians moving in next door, had no idea they could afford the £6000 a month rent. Then again they do rather like to cram them in...12 to one bedroom.

Was that racist as I mentioned it was Indians? No

well it's good to know in a way that those supporting morrissey are as racist as the man himself, and that the rational amongst us are against his remark.

haha this is so amusing. I do wonder why you decided to join this unholy of holies site, which is based around obsessing about the man.

God he is so f***ing divine is he not

haha this is so amusing. I do wonder why you decided to join this unholy oh holies site, which is based around obsessing about the man.

God he is so f***ing divine is he not

when i signed up i was a massive morrissey fan. i mean, MASSIVE. of his music, i still am. but just because i love his music doesnt make him invincible like he seems to be for some people here. he made a disgraceful remark which should be condemned.

my sister in law is Chinese and is one of the nicest people youll meet. is she a sub-species? definitely not.

animal cruelty is terrible. but so is racism.

when i signed up i was a massive morrissey fan. i mean, MASSIVE. of his music, i still am. but just because i love his music doesnt make him invincible like he seems to be for some people here. he made a disgraceful remark which should be condemned.

my sister in law is Chinese and is one of the nicest people youll meet. is she a sub-species? definitely not.

Good point. Remember though that Morrissey suffers more from over-generalization as a result from having a complicated brain than racism really. For every 20 extremely witty remarks is a brain fart.

Good point. Remember though that Morrissey suffers more from over-generalization as a result from having a complicated brain than racism really. For every 20 extremely witty remarks is a brain fart.

Very good

Oh for christ's sake you don't half f***ing go on. Oh Morrissey you have betrayed me, how could you, should I ever forgive you.

Always remember dear the time and the place he grew up...

Oh for christ's sake you don't half f***ing go on. Oh Morrissey you have betrayed me, how could you, should I ever forgive you.

Always remember dear the time and the place he grew up...

that aint no excuse. no use blaming your upbringing for your racism. if youve got a brain of your own youll use it

It's a good job Morrissey has racist fans who are able to explain why it's not racist to be racist, otherwise where would he be?

I dont belive he is a racist, just a few weeks ago he was challenging the UK on the bear hats that the royal guards wear. Morrissey has criticized his own country and the States many times before. Maybe, just maybe he is making these comments to get the Chinese to look at themselves and question how they treat animals or bring it to the attention of the world media, you have to sometimes be aggressive in your language to get the point across or raise some eyebrows to get people to listen. What I would like to know is does he have any fans in China, and are there enough to make a difference. If not it was a low return comment or ineffective approach but still worth making if it raises some awareness. It has got everyone here to talk about it, look past the comment and look at the facts.

umm... no. i'm still against the morrissey camp.

i'm saying that the race is NOT important. the racism IS. if he said the spanish were sub-species for their bull murdering traditions, that would be racist too.

anyone who treats animals cruelly is sub-human. i agree with that.

but saying the Chinese race as a whole is sub-species, THAT IS RACISM! is it so hard to understand? grouping a race based on stereotypes or the acts of the minority (or even the majority).

racism should not be tolerated. anyone who defends Morrissey's remark should really be ashamed of themselves.

i'm not saying he's a racist but he most definitely made a racist remark.

get a new hero.

What 'race' was Morrissey referring to? He's talking about a country, not a race. It's actually more racist to act like people in China are a 'race.' I'm not saying you're a racist, but you're making racist remarks.

Point is, if you're going to correct everyone get your program straight first. I know you mean well but you're being nonsensical.

670419-mary-bale-cat.jpg

Look at this. :eek:The English are a subspecies. :crazy:

I really don't understand why his comment is considered to be racist, but ok.

There's nothing to understand as it wasn't racist. Had he stated his comments to be towards every single Chinese then yes. But as he didn't, it was rather clear what he meant. It surely says more about the people that say it is a racist comment than the comment itself does. Those that want to read it as racist are the ones that scare me (not to mention they missed the point and seemingly couldn't give a toss about the cruelty the animals bit).

i dont give a toss what colour/creed or race a person is, if they abuse animals they are the lowest of the low, hopefully morrissey's 'remark' will draw more attention to the disgraceful practices in china and all around this world of ours, and people will do some thing!!
ps. i dont believe moz is a racist, just passionate about animals xxx

I don't know about that. None of those are actually races, so the comment wouldn't have made much sense.

I do think, though, that if Nick Griffin had said the same thing we would have all been shocked and, even given the political stance he represents, his career would be pretty much finished.

Which rather nicely illustrates my point about the immediate and broader context, doesn't it?

umm... no. i'm still against the morrissey camp.

i'm saying that the race is NOT important. the racism IS. if he said the spanish were sub-species for their bull murdering traditions, that would be racist too.

anyone who treats animals cruelly is sub-human. i agree with that.

but saying the Chinese race as a whole is sub-species, THAT IS RACISM! is it so hard to understand? grouping a race based on stereotypes or the acts of the minority (or even the majority).

racism should not be tolerated. anyone who defends Morrissey's remark should really be ashamed of themselves.

i'm not saying he's a racist but he most definitely made a racist remark.

get a new hero.

You're almost onto something. Keep pushing.

well it's good to know in a way that those supporting morrissey are as racist as the man himself, and that the rational amongst us are against his remark.

Hang on, I thought you said he wasn't racist but that he had made a racist remark.

Back
Top Bottom