"World Peace..." clone stamp info

Re: Clome Stamp Info

Tibby Is None Of Your Business

Tibby Is None Of Your Business

Maybe it's Fanny, Jake's cat, and the joke is "Too FUNNY!" Two Fanny? Geddit? Geddit?

I'll get me sweatshirt.

Or it's this:

too-funny.jpg

I prefer Fanny cause my fiancée wears that shirt with Fanny The Wondercat on Moz's head.

A man goes into a pub with a cat sitting on his head. The barman pulls him a pint and says,‘Look I don’t know if you know it but there’s a cat sitting on your head.’ ‘What of it?’ asks the man.‘I always wear a cat on my head on a Monday.’ ‘But today’s Tuesday,’ replies the barman. ‘Oh God.Is it?’ says the man. ‘I must look a right prat.’

I'm trying to fix the clone stamp on the Wiki here but it says: You cannot overwrite this file.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/File:World_Peace_Is_None_of_Your_Business_album_cover.jpg

Also all the ones here need to be fixed, and on the digital singles from the album:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/World_Peace_Is_None_Of_Your_Business

As well as all these:

File usage

The following 15 pages link to this file:

Art-hounds
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
I'm Not A Man
Julie In The Weeds
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Kiss Me A Lot
Mountjoy
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Oboe Concerto
One Of Our Own
Scandinavia
Smiler With Knife
Staircase At The University
World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Can someone please fix them all who has access?

@!Viva Hate! perhaps?

The story of when Tibby died is so sad. I wonder if he remembers him?

He never said what his cats in LA were named, would he?

Due to image caching through a CDN, by design files cannot be replaced, each file must have a unique filename. The clone stamp is part of the release, let's not erase it from history!

I'm trying to fix the clone stamp on the Wiki here but it says: You cannot overwrite this file.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/File:World_Peace_Is_None_of_Your_Business_album_cover.jpg

Also all the ones here need to be fixed, and on the digital singles from the album:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/World_Peace_Is_None_Of_Your_Business

As well as all these:

File usage

The following 15 pages link to this file:

Art-hounds
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
I'm Not A Man
Julie In The Weeds
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Kiss Me A Lot
Mountjoy
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Oboe Concerto
One Of Our Own
Scandinavia
Smiler With Knife
Staircase At The University
World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Can someone please fix them all who has access?

@!Viva Hate! perhaps?

Due to image caching through a CDN, by design files cannot be replaced, each file must have a unique filename. The clone stamp is part of the release, let's not erase it from history!

But it's poor graphic design and looks silly! And was fixed on the physical product!

Yes, I think it's fine to update the primary image, I'm just saying you don't need to replace the old one. Perhaps leave it with a 'clone stamp original version' note. As we discussed I'll promote this as a story and then we can also link to it so people interested in the history can follow it.

But it's poor graphic design and looks silly! And was fixed on the physical product!

That's not for us to decide though, that's the version he released so it should be documented.

Ok, so for everyone else like me who hates the clone stamp appearing all the time online, here are a few things:

1) Here is the artwork (although missing Harvest, etc) without the clone stamp:

2mmv9s0.jpg

It was originally posted here: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31992

2) Furthermore, here is a scan I did of my CD copy:

sfawc9.jpg

3) And here is another higher quality one that I have replaced on the Wikipedia article, without the clone stamp:

mjv500.jpg

Let's make these ones the ones we use all the time. I hate that friggin clone stamp!

More info in the comments and an additional note from Ryan.:

...whenever online articles pop up about the album, journalists tend to get the album cover from Wikipedia. I have since corrected the Wikipedia article with the non clone stamped version in an attempt to get the correct one out there more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a horrible, horrible cover and I'm never going to like it, clone-stamped or not.

Look back at The Smiths back-catalogue covers, heck even Morrissey's early solo releases - someone (usually Moz) really cared. We got some classic, iconic images.
Not so in more recent years, covers have been downright ugly. "Swords", for example - what the hell?? I can't understand it.

I'm fine with the cover and the clone stamp. I wish he'd put a bit more time into some of the lyrics, however.

UGHHHH! Who gives a shit anymore?! It's over and done with, just leave it alone! No wonder Moz hates it here! f***ing hell!

That's not for us to decide though, that's the version he released so it should be documented.

Well, no. He released, on ALL physical copies, including vinyl and CD, artwork without the clone stamp.
It exists solely on the digital copies, and the aforementioned 12 x 12 art cover in the super deluxe edition. They are the only places where the clone stamp appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I think it's fine to update the primary image, I'm just saying you don't need to replace the old one. Perhaps leave it with a 'clone stamp original version' note. As we discussed I'll promote this as a story and then we can also link to it so people interested in the history can follow it.

That's actually a good idea. "Clone stamp original version" is a good footnote to include; I'll do that.

Done! I think that was a wise compromise.

I found the cat clone-stamped on the cover. He's doing some advanced subliminal shit on us.

Last edited by a moderator:

He has to have approved the photoshopping. Based on the lack of photoshoots and TV appearances i would guess he's having some issues with ageing.

The 2006 yellow shirt pic for the UK 2015 tour would seem to support this. It's a bit of a 'Trades Description Act' thing. Buy a ticket to see him based on an advert and a wizened version appears on stage. Can you demand a refund? I thought he'd face down the cultural consensus on all this, but it's just another puzzling insight into his psyche. "My life is soap opera-Photoshop'd soap opera".

He may as well just sing in the shadows and project holograms of him as a young man if he wants to go the whole way with this Dorian in the attic re-hash. Or wear a big hat like 80 year old Boomer fraud Leonard Cohen. Or create Morrissey robots like wot Kraftwerk do. It's odd as he's hardly Elephant Man and is perfectly presentable.

best
BB

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom