"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" released (UK - July 14, 2014)

Congratulations "Team Morrissey" on your stunning World Peace victory which is equal to Germany's in the Maracana last night. We always thought you had it in youz, but it's great that the evidence is now "out there". It's easily equal to anything by that band from long ago and far away.

You don't half talk bollocks mate. Jesus Christ

I'm not Jesus. I have forgiven Jesus. Next contestant!

There are no 'Hit Singles' on this album.

This is not a pop record - it's the sound of a band comfortable in their own skin. The album for me is a cohesive unit.
I bought the deluxe version but I don't need the extra CD.
Art Hounds sounds uptight - the other bonus songs a bit mediocre. Maybe Scandinavia???

All the good stuff is on the album. The band have matured and come into their own! (...just sayin'!)

Completely agree, with the only difference being that I've enjoyed the bonus CD and think Forgive Someone is great. I think the whole album gives off shades of Kill Uncle but with a much stronger and fulfilling body - sorry if I sound like I'm trying to describe a cabernet sauvignon.

so you need three As for what exactly?

It wouldn't have to be three, necessarily, but if you needed to get your GPA above a certain point in order to (for example) maintain a scholarship, then you would have to earn X number of As in order to have the average skew high enough. An awful lot of value is placed on keeping one's GPA above a certain point.

But again—does this level of accurate detail really matter here?

objections so far:
1) i'm not a man. embarassing lyrics and the strongest vocal feature is ripped from a vastly superior morrissey song the public image the rest sucks the silence actually fares well by comparison
2) i've just about come to terms with the bolan pastiche but may never come to terms with the bit that directly follows it
3) I heard something that reminds me of on the streets I ran

Last edited:
Insightful social commentary with a comedic twist, is my take on it. I love the song. I don't feel said when I listen to it. I feel like dancing around my apartment like a maniac. Like November Spawned, Mute Witness, Girlfriend in a Coma... serious issues made accessible/approachable through music, wit, careful wordplay. What Moz does best. I think that is what you are kind of saying as well, no?

That is exactly what I'm saying.

Side 2:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business [4:32]

Earth Is The Loneliest Planet [3:37]

Staircase At The University[5:28]

Scandinavia [3:34]

One Of Our Own [3:33]

"Morrissey" re-imagines & upcycles "Morrissey" by finally balancing personal introspection with social empathy. After the frenetic clamour of the opening salvo of songs, Side 2 relaxes (slightly!) into a generous and articulate tapestry of polycultural lyrical treats, polyglot beats & intrepid instrumentation.

This is the sound of international air-mile pan-musical promiscuity, but with a purpose extending beyond Luxuria & the Hedonic Treadmill of exhausted Boomer playboys. This is the soundtrack to London, Los Angeles, Oslo, Rotterdam and Birmingham.

The cascading arpeggios flourish alongside & within stomping anthemic pop choruses, before the descent begins, sliding into the abyss of psychosis, mass murder and a gangland eulogy/elegy to complete the triumphant bliztkrieg. This is an extraordinary side of vinyl. ^THIS!

With every good wish
Yours in indifferent solidarity and celebration

"BrummieBoy"
in a brothel on Broad Street
14/07/2014 "Bastille mausoleum "

"my life is soap-opera..Photoshop-opera"

Side 3:

I'm Not A Man [7:49]

Smiler With Knife [5:17]

Kick The Bride Down The Aisle [5:18]

Julie In The Weeds [4:00]

Exhumed from under the patio in the garden of 384 King's Road, scratched warped Harvest prog-rock hisses & boils on the turntable, and another tangential realm of mash-up begins. Amidst the obvious well trodden debut/sophomore Roxy Music landscapes, alien Van Der Graaf Generator, Genesis & Edgar Broughton Band tropes insinuate, intentionally irritate & retrospectively gently mock the hysteria of hip that engulfs timid and shy youth adrift on a life-raft in a choking fog searching for Authentic Masculinity. There are other influences no right-thinking person could ever confess to! And over which I shall draw a discreet veil.

The foolish and the fatuous have, naturally, utterly misunderstood the narrative voice in "Kick The Bride Down The Aisle". Mother or father in law, sister, brother, priest, alter boy: it could be anyone awake to the dismal fate of being married alive after the joyless forced levity of the nuptial wake ends and reality descends as jealous guests return to their private hell to eat matchbox block,trophy memoir wedding cake.

Black confetti rains down as the blood drains from the groom, groomed for prison bitch suburban respectability, all dreams subsumed by the stupor of Work. Sleep. Work. Sleep. MOTD. Weekly leg-over. Wash the car. Sunday lunch with 'the family. Sleep. Work. Shop. Work. Sleep. Work. 5 A Side with the Lads drop dead from stress, leaving Life Insurance documents as epitaph and funding vehicle for the exultant hideous hag who lied her way to a life of bling & loveless harridan haranguing and now smirks as the coffin descends. Etc.

Julie. Persephone. Cordelia. Narcissus in female form. Murder Suicide in Fields of Barley. Evil brides. And a garlic infused stake through the bloated, gloating hard-on of Laddism and it's covert 'rapey' singalong Rohypnol anthems.

Like "Physical Graffitti" the roller coaster of the Double-Album can break the faint-hearted, the casual day-trippers who just want to absorb it all really, really quickly so they can vogue, strike an Art-Hound pose on The Social Media to blare "look at me! look at me! I am a 'fan' of "Morrissey"". As if anyone who wanted to make a fist of "being Morrissey" would ever give a flying fcuk about 'fans' or 'sales', other than to mock and taunt the 'clueless consumers'. What? Authenticity Narratives? Like "Autobiography". Oh, my! Oh....goodness me! Welcome to Unreliable Narrator, welcome to Reality.

Interlude before Side 4. A cup of tea and a selection of dates, pistachios & almonds to celebrate The Big Fat Secular Iftar.

With every good wish
Yours in indifferent solidarity and celebration

"BrummieBoy"
in a shisha in Sparkbook
15/07/2014 "Ramadan Super Moon: Gaza Under Attack "

"my life is soap-opera..Photoshop-opera"

Last edited:
Dear Morrissey Customer,

Thank you for your recent pre-order of World Peace Is None Of Your Business (Deluxe) from the Morrissey Store. We just added a download of the "World Peace Is None Of Your Business (Deluxe)" album to your order.

Click here to start your download.

Download Here
If you have any problems with your download, please contact customer service.

Enjoy!

The MyPlay Direct Team

P.S. Let your friends know they can get the download if they order their own copy.
Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

Dear Morrissey Customer,

Thank you for your recent pre-order of World Peace Is None Of Your Business (Deluxe) from the Morrissey Store. We just added a download of the "World Peace Is None Of Your Business (Deluxe)" album to your order.

Click here to start your download.

Download Here
If you have any problems with your download, please contact customer service.

Enjoy!

The MyPlay Direct Team

P.S. Let your friends know they can get the download if they order their own copy.
Share on Facebook | Share on Twitter

I just got the same email too. Don't they know I am holding out for a deluxe CD to play on my stereo? How the f*** is this good little mouth breather (whatever the f*** that means) supposed to resist this?

I don't think the song is supposed to be taken that seriously - is it? Just curious.

I'd say it was about as serious as Morrissey's attempts to dissect the challenges of mute people giving testimony about crimes committed on Clapham Common involving flying Frisbee's.

This is THE album!

This is the first album where I've not secretly missed Johnny Marr's presence.

This is not the sound of Manchester. I can hear a whisper from Manchester but we've properly moved on now. This is the sound of Europe, L.A., Mexico... the WORLD FFS!

The Morrissey Band have finally come into their own on this album, they don't sound like The Smiths, they don't need Stephen Street, Alain Whyte or anyone else from the past.

They have come of age. There is a feeling of confidence on this album that I've not heard before. I'm a musician and I notice these things! I know what I'm f***ing talking about - any more naggings regarding Jesse Tobias role must surely be laid to one side. Let's move on and celebrate FFS!

The playing is relaxed and fantastic on this album. The production is brave and interesting - there's lots of whooshy, squelchy noises here - it's all good and appropriate.

This album is up there with Vauxhall - history will prove me right.

Amen!:thumb:

In the UK it's A*s these days but "3 A stars" doesn't scan as well as "3As"

3 As is applicable, it's still the requirement for Oxford and most of the Russell Group universities.

Must admit I enjoy reading these informative-if-slightly-too-intensive analysis of the songs. What next, "Kiss me all over my face" makes no sense as you can't kiss someone on the eye?

Don't think I'll be able to resist listening to the Deluxe tracks today. I should make a better effort to ration out new Moz....

3 As is applicable, it's still the requirement for Oxford and most of the Russell Group universities.

Must admit I enjoy reading these informative-if-slightly-too-intensive analysis of the songs. What next, "Kiss me all over my face" makes no sense as you can't kiss someone on the eye?

Don't think I'll be able to resist listening to the Deluxe tracks today. I should make a better effort to ration out new Moz....

With 'Kiss Me A Lot' At least we know Morrissey is not singing love poems to himself (not this time anyway), since the only place you can kiss yourself on the face is in the mirror, on the lips.

On the subject of over-analysing 'Staircase', what's with the clumsy echoes between the 3 protaganists, the 3 As and the 3 splits in her head? Is this supposed to be Morrissey's take on that old Freudian chestnut of the daughter looking for her dad in her lover, thus the eternal triangle?

Also (adopts Columbo voice), one more thing, ma'am.... how is it even possible for a head to split 3 ways? Any Dexters in the house?

Last edited:
With 'Kiss Me A Lot' At least we know Morrissey is not singing love poems to himself (not this time anyway), since the only place you can kiss yourself on the face is in the mirror, on the lips.

On the subject of over-analysing 'Staircase', what's with the clumsy echoes between the 3 protaganists, the 3 As and the 3 splits in her head? Is this supposed to be Morrissey's take on that old Freudian chestnut of the daughter looking for her dad in her lover, thus the eternal triangle?

Also (adopts Columbo voice), one more thing, ma'am.... how is it even possible for a head to split 3 ways? Any Dexters in the house?

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, on this occasion, your attempt at criticism has been unsuccessful. We won't be keeping your details on file because, quite frankly, you suck at this. Best of luck in your future endeavours.

I believe the Three A's is a reference to the classic Trinity of Father, Son, Holy Spirit. The Staircase is an allusion to Isis whose crown has been misattributed as a throne by Egyptologists but what is actually a staircase which grants the wearer of the crown access to walk up to heaven and talk to God, so to speak.

Isis-9.png

So the Staircase of the UNIVERSE atop the head of Isis under pressure to master the arts of Trinity recognition is often portrayed as a sun.

isis-egyptian-goddess-of-magic-and-life-HA63_l.jpg

Morrissey addresses the Father's dissappointment in the first stanza, the Son's disappointment in the second, and the essence of the Holy Spirit in the third through the words Raja Pa(h) Ra(h) which could either mean "Prince of the Mountain next to Pyramid Lake" in the Language of the Birds, or more elegantly "Prince of the entity that is always by your side" using the greek root Para. The former explanation is just a Nile reference and nod to Mother Nature, the true spirt completing the Holy Trinity.

Ramming, jamming
Pack em’ in, ramming
Chock-a-block
Power study, Polish up

The "Don't come running to me" part is a nod to the eternal runner of the World Card who using the Four Apostles "reads" the world around her and by so doing, represents Isis who is "reading" Osiris through the muck of listening to the Father and Son simultaneously.

O7T3D00Z.jpg

It's a well organized song, I give it three A's. :D

These are my opinions. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I believe the Three A's is a reference to the classic Trinity of Father, Son, Holy Spirit. The Staircase is an allusion to Isis whose crown has been misattributed as a throne by Egyptologists but what is actually a staircase which grants the wearer of the crown access to walk up to heaven and talk to God, so to speak.

Isis-9.png

So the Staircase of the UNIVERSE atop the head of Isis under pressure to master the arts of Trinity recognition is often portrayed as a sun.

mcs33isis03.jpg

Morrissey addresses the Father's dissappointment in the first stanza, the Son's disappointment in the second, and the essence of the Holy Spirit in the third through the words Raja Pa(h) Ra(h) which could either mean "Prince of the Mountain next to Pyramid Lake" in the Language of the Birds, or more elegantly "Prince of the entity that is always by your side" using the greek root Para. The former explanation is just a Nile reference and nod to Mother Nature, the true spirt completing the Holy Trinity.

Ramming, jamming
Pack em’ in, ramming
Chock-a-block
Power study, Polish up

The "Don't come running to me" part is a nod to the eternal runner of the World Card who using the Four Apostles "reads" the world around her and by so doing, represents Isis who is "reading" Osiris through the muck of listening to the Father and Son simultaneously.

O7T3D00Z.jpg

It's a well organized song, I give it three A's. :D

These are my opinions. I could be wrong.

Bit too obvious, don't you think?

Next up: is 'Girlfriend In A Korma' really about misogynistic cannibalism?

Bit too obvious, don't you think?

Next up: is 'Girlfriend In A Korma' really about misogynistic cannibalism?

Girlfriend in a Coma is about Osiris lamenting the systematic and sacrificial rape of his child bride Isis. Osiris witnessed the whole f***ing thing, so yes, it is Sirius.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom