"World Peace..." reviews (All Music Guide, Rip It Up, Exclaim, Creative Loafing, POZ, Today Online)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews (All Music Guide, Rip It Up, Exclaim, Creative Loafing, POZ, T

agree about thats how people grow up being the weakest song on that album and i always only just let it play. a third of the time i just skip it altogether. production sounds weird to me as well compared to the rest of the album. always feel like i have to turn it up or something but perhaps thats a mastering issue. hard to say

I don't hear that at all.

Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews (All Music Guide, Rip It Up, Exclaim, Creative Loafing, POZ, T

probably just me then, the minds a peculier thing. i do remember liking it when he debuted it on some late show or other but just didnt care for it on album. i also had a similar issues with all you need is me but to a much lesser effect and that song i enjoy much more.

probably just me then, the minds a peculier thing. i do remember liking it when he debuted it on some late show or other but just didnt care for it on album. i also had a similar issues with all you need is me but to a much lesser effect and that song i enjoy much more.

'That's How People Grow Up' is OK - its the weakest song on the album, but it doesn't destroy the flow.

By contrast, 'All You Need Is Me' is such a great track - it feels like a Smiths track almost.

i could maybe see that with the vocal rhythm melody and phrasing but for me thats where any smiths association ends but as i said before the minds a funny thing and i dont haveany overtly empirical evidence on hand to dispute. i like hearing what other people think though. true it doesnt really break the flow for me, thats how.., but rather its when last i spoke to carrol that really breaks the flow for me which bugs me despite it being such a good song and maybe a foreshadow as to what was coming with world peace now that i think about it. probably why it was in the middle of the running order, to dived the album and frame it to stand alone a bit.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom