Morrissey Central "YOU MUST PLEASE REMEMBER" (October 15, 2021)

YOU MUST PLEASE REMEMBER

Have-A-Go Merchant / Morrissey 45

R-8650092-1465916269-7506.jpeg.jpg

current value: 700 Great British Pounds.

Regards,
FWD.
(Central image upgraded)

I wonder what Sam is thinking when he posts shit like this, what's he hoping to achieve?
Probably he is reminding people that purchasing limited editions of books or vinyls is a reasonable long term investment if you have the time.

My experience is that it's often bigger with books than with vinyls. I own several limited edition hardcover books of authors that became fashionable nowadays in some underground scenes. I bought them in the late 90's for something like $30 to $40. Nowadays people begs to purchase them for $2,000 to $5,000.

I have no interest in selling them, but if I have had a merchant mentality, I could have easily made $400 become $40,000 in 20 years.

Of course, this does not apply to any limited edition book or vinyl. But they may become a good investment if you wait between 10 to 20 years.

So it makes sense.

Music is harder to predict than books for me though.

Phranc

I doubt that Morrissey himshelf posted that?
Using supposedly emotional song titles to talk about something as vulgar as 💷 would be be like telling everybody he was just in it for the money.
Which everybody knew, but still, as an artist, you're not supposed to say... :laughing:
Talk about making yourself plain.
Messages from morrissey.
That's very plain who's posted it.

It's okay, Ket. No artist can really sustain it forever. Morrissey had a good run but he's been done for a while now.
I disagree. I really like his last few albums. And the prospect of Moz back with Alain? That is fairly far from 'done'.

I disagree. I really like his last few albums. And the prospect of Moz back with Alain? That is fairly far from 'done'.
As far as his recording career goes, things haven’t looked so bright for over fifteen years, particularly with the A$AP collaboration on the horizon.

If he’d adjust his demands, I’m sure he could sign a record deal tomorrow.

As far as his recording career goes, things haven’t looked so bright for over fifteen years, .

Morrissey will never be done. Even after death, he is his art,
he will live on.

If he’d adjust his demands, I’m sure he could sign a record deal tomorrow.

he will only maladjust his demands.

;)

Those 'Skinhead' novels are quite collectable these days i believe. Any1 have any?

There are many artists that release great albums that are no longer important/influential. Sadly our hero is among them

You can, but I couldn’t for personal reasons lump Morrissey in with other artists.

Morrissey is important and influential to those whose lives he has touched and shaped. I don’t care if he never releases another album.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t listen if he cares to, continues to release albums.

Not sure why they used this promo because they could have used countless other promo singles that go for far more than that one. I need to check to see if mine is one of the mispressing.

I can't remember

Actually worth about £100 according to discogs. There's also mispressed version with Boxers on the a-side instead of the b-side, which is worth about £150.
Actually worth about £100 according to discogs. There's also mispressed version with Boxers on the a-side instead of the b-side, which is worth about £150.
This is fake news.....
First of all the mispress on Discogs is $275 in mint
And the normal vinyl $175 in mint
But the part that is misleading is there is none for sale ,so it's going to be considerably more costly, when or if you find one for sale...
Snip-it_1634425145065.jpg
Snip-it_1634425098469.jpg

Also of note is the cd version at $105 (all pricing is in mint condition)
There are 4 of these for sale across the world of discogs not in mint condition

Attachments

• Snip-it_1634425193463.jpg
    Snip-it_1634425193463.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
700 Great British Pounds

is the ‘current value’ on Central.

maybe Moz is selling his own records to finance the release of Bonfire?

I agree, ACTON. The thought of Morrissey collaborating with Whyte again provides so much hope and anticipation for Bonfire.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom