Young Moz or Old?

GirlAfraid23

I know in the frink thread this has been discussed :thumb:

But I dont only mean looks wise also attitude...

I think the young Moz is beautiful but the older he has got he has become increasingly wise and he seems alot less shy & awkward, although this was endearing back in the day!
I have watched interviews of him in the 80s and he doesnt seem too sure about himself but interviews now show that although he'll always be a confused man, he probably has settled down abit.

My opinion is that he was sweet, naive and beautiful inside and out when he was young but now he is handsome, wiser and alot more confident in his own skin.

I was just curious as to know everyone's opinions on this :)

While I know what you mean, this question has never made total sense to my brain. He is only who he is at this moment in time, just like you and I are. "The Young Moz" isn't someone who exists except in photos and video. I always like him best as he is at this moment because it's who he is.

Having said that, I do wish that he'd had the tools to turn his life soft and beautiful, but I'm glad that he at least survived. I think he did what he needed to do.

While I know what you mean, this question has never made total sense to my brain. He is only who he is at this moment in time, just like you and I are. "The Young Moz" isn't someone who exists except in photos and video. I always like him best as he is at this moment because it's who he is.

Having said that, I do wish that he'd had the tools to turn his life soft and beautiful, but I'm glad that he at least survived. I think he did what he needed to do.

I didnt mean to make the two sound like different entities, obviously I adore him as a person, I just meant to the extent of how he has grown and which way people preferred him.

It can apply to anyone, some people get more arrogant and selfish as they get older, others get wiser and more appreciative of life.

It also goes to show how people like Moz react to being in the public eye, the only thing that has upset me a little about him is that he always seemed dead against moving to LA as he saw it as fake etc. but now he has done...hmm but I do think he has handled his fame very well and hasnt let it get the better of him

"fame, fame fatal fame" ;)

Old Moz.

He just looks like he has his life together. He is much more confident. He doesn't have that nervous constant licking of his lips.

To see him sign autographs in the middle of a show or to have him bring kids up on stage are things that the young Moz wouldn't do.

Old Moz is giving all kinds of details in the new liner notes. He answered fan questions on the internet. I think he's giving back a lot more than he used to.

he is far more charismatic now and tranquil.sharper dress sense and more accessable.infinitely more interesting, elusive and witty than he ever was.

older moz.......without a doubt,he looks better now,he`s a sexy man and has a perfect body,in fact i find him more interesting now :)

I should've made a poll for this!

Mature Moz is winning!!! :)

Physically, young Moz. Don't get me wrong, Moz in his current state is very, very attractive, but he looks like an entirely different person. His jaw shape changed, which is a prominent facet of his face, and just changed his whole look. I prefer his younger look.

Lyrically, once again, I prefer the younger Moz's lyrics. So heartful, so truthful, and something I could totally relate to. I believe he has gotten more witty over the years, but he has also gotten more bold and crude. I don't like the use of words like shit in his songs. I think the content has gotten less of an autobiography/person experience stuff, and more of stories of other people.

I do love who Moz is now, don't get me wrong. He is still captivating me today. I prefer his work though and looks of the yesteryears.

There's something about old(er) Moz that I find irresistible.

There was a time (years ago) when I found him seriously annoying. When I watch those old videos, I still find him annoying. :rolleyes:

He was blindingly handsome, though.

I have a "thing" for older gentlemen in general, but morrissey's handsomness in the past 10 years is just unfair.

Last edited:
Physically, young Moz. Don't get me wrong, Moz in his current state is very, very attractive, but he looks like an entirely different person. His jaw shape changed, which is a prominent facet of his face, and just changed his whole look. I prefer his younger look.

Lyrically, once again, I prefer the younger Moz's lyrics. So heartful, so truthful, and something I could totally relate to. I believe he has gotten more witty over the years, but he has also gotten more bold and crude. I don't like the use of words like shit in his songs. I think the content has gotten less of an autobiography/person experience stuff, and more of stories of other people.

I do love who Moz is now, don't get me wrong. He is still captivating me today. I prefer his work though and looks of the yesteryears.

I agree with this alma!

Physically definatley the younger, maybe its because I'm younger myself.

And the lyrics thing I can relate to!!!
He has always been handsome!

Mature Moz, definitely. Sexier, wiser, nicer... I watch some of those early interviews, like the one with Margi Clarke and, well, it makes me cringe tbh. He's just so much more real now. And sexier. :horny: Who needs a man with slimmer thighs than you anyway?

Why do they make you cringe? Just wondering because I think he was being real back then but he was genuinley very shy!

Physically definatley the younger, maybe its because I'm younger myself.
And the lyrics thing I can relate to!!!
He has always been handsome!
with younger you mean him during the smiths, right?
i really adore his look between -arsenal-vauxhall- and -southpaw- .i.e. 92.-95

Last edited:
with younger you mean him during the smiths, right?
i really adore his look between -arsenal-vauxhall- and -southpaw- .i.e. 92.-95

Not neccessarily in the smiths also around arsenal and vauxhall!

sexy man :horny:

detailscover.jpg

caucasian13.jpg

Younger Moz, because I have learned to go by what and whom I can best relate to. I have nothing in common with a millionaire music icon who has made his mark, is stated by lots of people, most of all celebrities, as influence, lives in five star hotels and promotes homosexuality. Totally different world. Musically there is no difference, I don't divide the songs by era, listen to them as one large whole, often still couldn't really say which one is from which album, because I started with listening to youtube and compilations.

As to what Scarlet Ibis wrote: Don't think there is that much of a difference between watching young and present time Morrissey on the internet or read about either or listen to their albums. Only difference is that the younger version will never give a concert these days while the present day one does. :lbf:

I like this comment because I can also relate to the younger Moz more than the older...this moving to LA thing really threw me off him for abit but of course he's still the wonderful morrissey that he ever was in my eyes

I like this comment because I can also relate to the younger Moz more than the older...this moving to LA thing really threw me off him for abit but of course he's still the wonderful morrissey that he ever was in my eyes

I find that he and I have grown in similar ways over time... Except that I ended up happily married and I'm not a millionaire pop star. But, yes, I feel like time pushed us forward together.

Have you been to LA? It's not nearly as awful as people say. I went there to see Moz a couple years ago and I found it to be a nicer place than where I'm from (DC). The weather is fantastic and you can avoid the shallow idiots if you want to. Goodness knows someone like Moz could.

... I have nothing in common with a millionaire music icon who has made his mark, is stated by lots of people, most of all celebrities, as influence, lives in five star hotels and promotes homosexuality. Totally different world. ...

Whoah...
timeout.gif

WTF? Promotes what? Promotes tolerance for everyone? That's what I thought you said.

Back
Top Bottom