Morrissey Central "YOUR VACCINATION:" (October 27, 2021)

This narrative that Morrissey needs to be saved from SER is laughable. Of course he knows what’s being posted on Morrissey Central.

Maybe he just doesn’t mind Tucker Carlson? Like 50% of Americans. Just an idea. Tucker Carlson is a conservative television host, not a serial killer or child molester.

And David duke was a senator popular enough to elected. He was also a leader of ku klux klan

A few questions:
How come so many people are against the vaccine, when there is an unprecedented pandemic killing millions of people all around the world?

And why is it that it's mainly people on the right that are against the vaccine? I'm not just talking about this forum, I'm talking about all over - even in the EU Parliament (the MEPs that refuse are on the (far) right, for example Cristian Terhes from Romania, Christine Anderson from Germany and Francesca Donata from Italy). Christine Anderson (AfD) even says she'd rather go to prison than take the vaccine.

When did the right become anti-science? And why? What are the gains? And how the hell can it be political to want to stop a pandemic?

In America it started a while back with conservative politics mixing with extreme evangelical Christianity

A few questions:
How come so many people are against the vaccine, when there is an unprecedented pandemic killing millions of people all around the world?

And why is it that it's mainly people on the right that are against the vaccine? I'm not just talking about this forum, I'm talking about all over - even in the EU Parliament (the MEPs that refuse are on the (far) right, for example Cristian Terhes from Romania, Christine Anderson from Germany and Francesca Donata from Italy). Christine Anderson (AfD) even says she'd rather go to prison than take the vaccine.

When did the right become anti-science? And why? What are the gains? And how the hell can it be political to want to stop a pandemic?
I’d suggest it isn’t really a right-left thing, but only apparently became so when liberal values, such as personal choice, democracy, and the idea of individual freedom became openly problematic for some noisy left wing protagonists, with a more authoritarian bias.

But let’s not forget that it’s a right wing government that imposed lockdowns and suggested Covid passports, and some mandatory vaccinations, for the UK.

I’d suggest it isn’t really a right-left thing, but only apparently became so when liberal values, such as personal choice, democracy, and the idea of individual freedom became openly problematic for some noisy left wing protagonists, with a more authoritarian bias.

But let’s not forget that it’s a right wing government that imposed lockdowns and suggested Covid passports, and some mandatory vaccinations, for the UK.
Sometimes, maybe personal choice needs to take a step back? I mean, in order to save lives, society and the health and safety of our nurses, doctors, EMT's etc. I fail to understand how this is problematic. It's basic solidarity and has nothing to do with control or authoritarianism (no one is out to get us). This pandemic calls for these measures. Take the vaccine, download the covid passport and get on with your life. There's nothing more to it and it's dangerous to make it out to be.

Sometimes, maybe personal choice needs to take a step back? I mean, in order to save lives, society and the health and safety of our nurses, doctors, EMT's etc. I fail to understand how this is problematic. It's basic solidarity and has nothing to do with control or authoritarianism (no one is out to get us). This pandemic calls for these measures. Take the vaccine, download the covid passport and get on with your life. There's nothing more to it and it's dangerous to make it out to be.
Fine. But there is a democratic process too, and a particular one in the UK, that can’t simply be dismissed.

Fine. But there is a democratic process too, and a particular one in the UK, that can’t simply be dismissed.
Sure, but my question remains: why oppose these measures in the first place when we all know why they were implemented (to save lives and society)? Why not just accept them and move on? And why are most of the people opposing these measures rightwing?

Sure, but my question remains: why oppose these measures in the first place when we all know why they were implemented (to save lives and society)? Why not just accept them and move on? And why are most of the people opposing these measures rightwing?
They aren’t right wing in the UK; it’s a useful myth. It’s split 50-50 from my experience. But the perception risks becoming defining, which (as our own government recognises) brings boundless opportunities.

They aren’t right wing in the UK; it’s a useful myth. It’s split 50-50 from my experience.
I guess it's more of a mixed bag in the UK. But generally speaking, they're right wing.

I guess it's more of a mixed bag in the UK. But generally speaking, they're right wing.
Because they’re an older demographic, in the UK, there is solid support amongst right-wingers for mask wearing, mandatory vaccines, Covid passports, lockdowns and so on. Honestly, here it is 50-50.

Because they’re an older demographic, in the UK, there is solid support amongst right-wingers for mask wearing, mandatory vaccines, Covid passports, lockdowns and so on. Honestly, here it is 50-50.
I accept that. But I still don't get why so many people, mainly on the right and regardless of age, feel that the politicians are out to get them when the only point of mask-wearing, vaccine passports and vaccination is to get back to a normal existence and safe lives.

I accept that. But I still don't get why so many people, mainly on the right and regardless of age, feel that the politicians are out to get them when the only point of mask-wearing, vaccine passports and vaccination is to get back to a normal existence and safe lives.
So, most generally you’re pointing to a suspicion of the state? In the UK that’s more associated with left-wing politics (historically). But I accept that in the US, that tends to be aligned with the right.

In the UK the hardest resistance to vaccination is located in left leaning communities, with high numbers of ethnic minorities.

So, most generally you’re pointing to a suspicion of the state? In the UK that’s more associated with left-wing politics (historically). But I accept that in the US, that tends to be aligned with the right.

In the UK the hardest resistance to vaccination is located in left leaning communities, with high numbers of ethnic minorities.
I do, yes. In the US and Europe it is most definitely aligned with the right. I wonder why that is, since vaccination and vaccine passports aren't inherintely bad things. They exist so that we can go about our business like we did before the pandemic.

E5FD4861-3536-48F8-8322-90FCABEB41A8.png
I do, yes. In the US and Europe it is most definitely aligned with the right. I wonder why that is, since vaccination and vaccine passports aren't inherintely bad things. They exist so that we can go about our business like we did before the pandemic.
I would say in the UK, and much of Western Europe (probably the UK and France most of all), state skepticism is most closely associated with left wing politics. Amongst the loudest anti-vax voices in the UK are Piers Corbyn (brother of Jeremy) and Ian Brown, singer of The Stone Roses.

I think you might’ve been taken in by television.

Are we going back to 1492?

No I’m thinking more recently with the fellowship which became the family which is a very influential political org started in 1935. They hold the prayer breakfast which became recently notorious for colluding with Russians spies

Especially when that freedom of choice only applies to what they want. It’s fine to take away choice for things they don’t agree with such as abortion

View attachment 77414
I would say in the UK, and much of Western Europe (probably the UK and France most of all), state skepticism is most closely associated with left wing politics. Amongst the loudest anti-vax voices in the UK are Piers Corbyn (brother of Jeremy) and Ian Brown, singer of The Stone Roses.

I think you might’ve been taken in by television.
How is bloody Ian Brown representative of the left? That’s not a very strong argument. State skepticism might very well be associated with the left historically, but not anymore. Like I said, in the EU Parliament, for example, those opposed to the vaccine and the vaccine passports that are now a requirement for working within the Parliament in Brussels, are MEPs on the (far) right. And I wonder why that is.

Especially when that freedom of choice only applies to what they want. It’s fine to take away choice for things they don’t agree with such as abortion
In that case, right-wing conservative rallies look like this in the UK.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom