Morrissey Central "YOUR VACCINATION:" (October 27, 2021)

Months of nothing - then shove in 2 videos of things PA are pushing right now, from 2 right-wing sources, neither of which he's mentioned watching, one of which he used to hate. Quick pivot to People Are The Same Everywhere, then 2 new demos as a distraction.

It could be something else - but it would explain all the discrepancies.
I would expect he still hates Fox News, but like PETA, he probably accepts that now left and right can both alight on the issue of animal cruelty (as it’s subsidised by tax payers being subjected to new tax rises) so a unique opportunity for change can/should be seized.

I suspect the PETA representative had to swallow some pride to make her appearance?

As for the other chap: this is the second video I’ve watched in full and neither has contained so much as a whisper of far-right ideological content. In fact this video seemed remarkable only for its rare rationality. Is there some code I can’t decipher, or is it rather that it’s labelled far-right because some people on here keep willing it to be so?

Lots of causes have gained traction through cohering on issues, rather than focusing on the intentions of the subjects involved. Central seems a model of incorruptibility, when compared against the list of criminals Bono has had dinner with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would expect he still hates Fox News, but like PETA, he probably accepts that now left and right can both alight on the issue of animal cruelty (as it’s subsidised by tax payers being subjected to new tax rises) a unique moment can be seized.

I suspect the PETA representative had to swallow some pride to make her appearance?

As for the other chap: this is the second video I’ve watched in full and neither has contained so much as a whisper of far-right ideological content. In fact this video seemed remarkable only for its rare rationality. Is there some code I can’t decipher, or is it rather that it’s labelled far-right because some people on here keep willing it to be so?

Lots of causes have gained traction through cohering on issues, rather than focusing on the intentions of the subjects involved. Central seems a model of incorruptibility, when compared against the list of criminals Bono has had dinner with.

They could link to PETA.

Styxhexenhammer666 is part of the alt-to-far right network. They platform each other.

Central posted Morgoth. And that video was blatantly neo-Nazi. And is worse than Pingate because if he listened to it while sober enough to understand the words & thought people should hear it, then he absolutely would be a white supremacist. (It also contained a version of Finsbury now at odds with Alain's - which would piss off whoever thought the video was a good idea).

The outcry was huge, so the retreat to the safer end of the spectrum (the libertarian skeptics) was sort of wise (though it makes no difference to how he's perceived - still a Nazi - it doesn't ignite pile-ons) - with the occasional unwise outbreak of Douglas Murray, Anne Marie Waters & Paul Joseph Watson.

They could link to PETA.

Styxhexenhammer666 is part of the alt-to-far right network. They platform each other.

Central posted Morgoth. And that video was blatantly neo-Nazi. And is worse than Pingate because if he listened to it while sober enough to understand the words & thought people should hear it, then he absolutely would be a white supremacist. (It also contained a version of Finsbury now at odds with Alain's - which would piss off whoever thought the video was a good idea).

The outcry was huge, so the retreat to the safer end of the spectrum (the libertarian skeptics) was sort of wise (though it makes no difference to how he's perceived - still a Nazi - it doesn't ignite pile-ons) - with the occasional unwise outbreak of Douglas Murray, Anne Marie Waters & Paul Joseph Watson.
He needs to get a Julie Burchill video up, pronto. To secure his left-wing credentials.

What is the version of Finsbury Park you’re referring to?

He needs to get a Julie Burchill video up, pronto. To secure his left-wing credentials.

She's in a better position than him - hangs out with hacks, knows how to balance bigoted invective with liberal-left sensibilities (when sober), can self-mythologise as heroic.

She lights up a bushel.

From some chat - there's hundreds of them:

Novelist/poet:

20211031_190230.jpg

Artist/filmmaker:

20211031_190738.jpg

We will come to reflect on this as our McCarthy era. It seems to be a uniquely British thing?

It started in America, hit left-wing activism & universities first (it was there when I was there - I had to hug a crying philosophy professor who was accused of internalised misogyny - she wasn't sacked though - it didn't have enough clout yet) - got grim with Smartphones & trolling in 2011, was a lonely hell in 2013, was The Terror by 2017, fell off a cliff somewhat in December 2019, & is now weakening - but it'll be too late for a lot of them. They'll be forgotten or too demoralised to continue.

And because Morrissey ended up in the race argument (not the gender one) & because they can link it back to that f***ing flag - he might be the one they point to as the real bad person, while they themselves were falsely accused.

That's what the Mumford did when he promoted ANDY NGO - fash grifter - said he might have been naive, but he wasn't Morrissey.

Being IN Mumford should be a hate crime.

It started in America, hit left-wing activism & universities first (it was there when I was there - I had to hug a crying philosophy professor who was accused of internalised misogyny - she wasn't sacked though - it didn't have enough clout yet) - got grim with Smartphones & trolling in 2011, was a lonely hell in 2013, was The Terror by 2017, fell off a cliff somewhat in December 2019, & is now weakening - but it'll be too late for a lot of them. They'll be forgotten or too demoralised to continue.

And because Morrissey ended up in the race argument (not the gender one) & because they can link it back to that f***ing flag - he might be the one they point to as the real bad person, while they themselves were falsely accused.

That's what the Mumford did when he promoted ANDY NGO - fash grifter - said he might have been naive, but he wasn't Morrissey.

Being IN Mumford should be a hate crime.
Some aspects seem familiar: you probably don’t remember, but as I was growing up a lot of horror movies were banned (many of them came to be considered classics). In the 90s these films were largely released again, and we laughed at the 80s ‘hysteria’. But only last week I was reading about a fresh clamour to get them banned once more—as they apparently normalise misogynistic violence.

I don’t once recall associating the term ‘normal’ with Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Evil Dead. And I do wonder if the zealots have even watched any of these films. The Tory champions of censorship in the 80s certainly hadn’t.

Some aspects seem familiar: you probably don’t remember, but as I was growing up a lot of horror movies were banned (many of came to be considered classics). In the 90s these films were largely released again, and we laughed at the 80s ‘hysteria’. But only last week I was reading about a fresh clamour to get them banned once more—as they apparently normalise misogynistic violence.

I don’t once recall associating the term ‘normal’ with Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Evil Dead. And I do wonder if the zealots have even watched any of these films. The Tory champions of censorship in the 80s certainly hadn’t.

I've read about it.

I was interested in moral panics and ethics in fiction. There's no point in art if you can't explore the dark side, but is there a line where you're encouraging it?

People who like to ban stuff, like to ban stuff. I don't think they care about anything beyond imposing their will.

I'd probably define Moz as a gothic realist all the gibbering nightmares bubble under the surface of his work but he zeros in on what a person might actually be doing in real life while feeling it. Which is alarming to censors because it's harder to tell what it thinks it's doing.

What was that fascist 'culture' magazine they posted here?

The poster was called something from a poem - about a blacksmith.

Because I think as a whole we have seen a weird reversal in ideological roles in the past few years. Conservatives have become more freedom loving, libertarian and standing up for individual rights while many on the mainstream left have bizarrely fallen in love with wanting to stifle free speech, cheer on the FBI and the embrace of stricter govt controls.

I think most on the Right don't object to the vaccine much moreso the mandates, although I except that you do get the really radical sorts that talk about nanochips and 5G etc etc.

You do have some on the Progressive side of the Left like Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibi, Jimmy Dore, Whitney Webb etc who stand for more personal freedoms and liberty but they have sustained massive attacks form the mainstream Left in doing so.

BUT you have to add into the mix the effect of the MSM who politicized this very quickly. let's put it this way, if Trump had won re-election you can bet every dollar you own that the MSM would be hunting down every adverse reaction to the vaccine they could find and headlining it. The entire narrative around vaccines would change 180 degrees if Trump was still in the Whitehouse. That's the truth. Kamala and Joe were already showing hesitancy towards the vaccine before the election and no-one in the MSM was calling them out on it.
Under appreciated post and spot-f***ing-on from my little humble corner in the US.

Under appreciated post and spot-f***ing-on from my little humble corner in the US.

Doesn't seem that true to me, seems to depend upon what the issue is, plenty of right wingers get a hard on for the police cracking down on people they don't like, to deny rights to groups they don't approve of etc.

Are most African Americans right leaning? Are most first responders right leaning?
Are most African Americans against the vaccine and the mandates? Are most first responders?

I don’t know who this person in the video is, they are well spoken, articulate but in the end, just another person rambling facts they cherry pick to make their point…that being said, I blame Jessie Tobias for ruining Morrissey,
I said what I said.

I've read about it.

I was interested in moral panics and ethics in fiction. There's no point in art if you can't explore the dark side, but is there a line where you're encouraging it?

People who like to ban stuff, like to ban stuff. I don't think they care about anything beyond imposing their will.

I'd probably define Moz as a gothic realist all the gibbering nightmares bubble under the surface of his work but he zeros in on what a person might actually be doing in real life while feeling it. Which is alarming to censors because it's harder to tell what it thinks it's doing.
I’ve been reading something of the biography of the 40s/50s actor/dancer Paul Draper this morning. His tale is remarkably similar to contemporary stories of being ‘cancelled’. In fact, it’s near identical. Obviously, his story isn’t unique but he was particularly talented—and I was moved to write because this needs to be seen:

I’ve been reading something of the biography of the 40s/50s actor/dancer Paul Draper this morning. His tale is remarkably similar to contemporary stories of being ‘cancelled’. In fact, it’s near identical. Obviously, his story isn’t unique but he was particularly talented—and I was moved to write because this needs to be seen:

Yeah - it is like the blacklists.

Some careers don't even start because small theatre companies & publishers are now more frightened & cautious than the majors.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom