BBC Radio 2 "The Blagger's Guide to Guitar"

Tingle3

I heard this advertised on the radio yesterday. It seems to feature some impressions of Morrissey and Johnny who want to save the world from syth-pop.

"The Blagger's Guide To The Guitar answers that question and more, taking an accurately informed but always wildly irreverent look at the history of guitars in music, from the delicacy of the Spanish guitar to the epitome of rock that is the Flying V; from the folk starkness of Bert Jansch to the punk thrash of Steve Jones. Great guitarists are dissected, from Hendrix to Johnny Marr. But why are guitars so male? In 2014, are groups of guitars finally on the way out? Quantick explores"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/23/blaggers-guide

BTW I have a nasty feeling I might have slagged off David Quantick to himself in a pub once, not knowing what he looked like. If I'd known who he was I might have wrestled him to the ground.

Quantick is a persistent swine who keeps capitalising his hatred to make money out of it.

Thanks for putting this up, it sounds interesting. I'll give it a listen and let you know what I think, both of Quantick and the content!

Back
Top Bottom