CHRIST do I hate these people ...

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Ignorant, shallow Morrissey-haters. Grrr. As an enduring Beatles fan, I was browsing Paul McCartney's messageboard to see the reaction of the Living Icon Poll nominations.

I posted a comment there stating that I was not intending to vote, as I cannot decide between Paul and Morrissey. The reaction disgusted me.

I have no particular problem with the people who do not like Morrissey or his music on a general basis, as we all have different tastes, but to get a reply like this:

"well they (The Smiths) mean to me change the bloody channel or switch it off. I can assure you it has nothing to do with him being in the top three more to do with the whining voice, hell where's the knife while i cut my wrists lyrics and the weird malnutrtition looks and oh yes he's a manch. and yes i can remember the smiths and they were a teenage angst band, thankfully otherwise the jukies would have been thrown out of the windows"

is laughably irritating. Reasons to hate Morrissey:
1. He's from Manchester
2. He was emaciated during the Smiths (and presumably a fat bastard now, right?)
3. Whining voice
4. Suicidal lyrics

don't worry about those kooks. I mean: what if people like that would like him? That would be scary. that fact that losers like that hate him makes him the more attractive! it only proves that he doesn't gather to people with low IQs and prejudice.

Don't you think it's pretty great he gets this reaction though? :D

He almost gave Bill Oddie a heart attack on the Culture Show on Saturday. :)

Ignorant, shallow Morrissey-haters. Grrr. As an enduring Beatles fan, I was browsing Paul McCartney's messageboard to see the reaction of the Living Icon Poll nominations.

I posted a comment there stating that I was not intending to vote, as I cannot decide between Paul and Morrissey. The reaction disgusted me.

I have no particular problem with the people who do not like Morrissey or his music on a general basis, as we all have different tastes, but to get a reply like this:

"well they (The Smiths) mean to me change the bloody channel or switch it off. I can assure you it has nothing to do with him being in the top three more to do with the whining voice, hell where's the knife while i cut my wrists lyrics and the weird malnutrtition looks and oh yes he's a manch. and yes i can remember the smiths and they were a teenage angst band, thankfully otherwise the jukies would have been thrown out of the windows"

is laughably irritating. Reasons to hate Morrissey:
1. He's from Manchester
2. He was emaciated during the Smiths (and presumably a fat bastard now, right?)
3. Whining voice
4. Suicidal lyrics

Mcccartney worte The Frog Chorus ..the only arguement you will ever need

It's no big deal.
Morrissey is very contoversial figure and I enjoy watching anti-Morrissey people's reaction.
Sir Paul and Morrissey respect each other at least, but some silly McCartney fans ingore the fact.

don't worry about those kooks. I mean: what if people like that would like him? That would be scary. that fact that losers like that hate him makes him the more attractive! it only proves that he doesn't gather to people with low IQs and prejudice.

Very eloquently put.

Mcccartney worte The Frog Chorus ..the only arguement you will ever need

That's quite true ... but it's a bit like saying all Morrissey ever wrote was "Roy's Keen" or "Journalists Who Lie", and quite biased in itself.

I think the fact that the mere mention of Morrissey's name causes such extreme reactions in people makes us love him more!....I adore it when I mention his name and those around me recoil in pain...it makes me :)

That's quite true ... but it's a bit like saying all Morrissey ever wrote was "Roy's Keen" or "Journalists Who Lie", and quite biased in itself.

I didn't say all Macca ever wrote was the frog chorus, he also wrote A Wonderful Christmas Time :p

I actually quite like Roys Keen

Back
Top Bottom