How did you meet the great one?

I met Brett Anderson from Suede last Saturday night and if I had to pick between him and Moz as someone to meet I'd pick Brett. Fantastic album Night Thoughts and he knows how to interact with an audience and make a connection.

he was right this time though. I've never seen offence taken so prematurely or unwarrantedly. oddly, I find myself always wanting to like skinny, having, that is, a fondness for nasty villains, but him always making it impossible. it surprises me to be honest to find that nasty people should be nasty to me. in my imaginings nasty people always make an exception in their behaviour towards me. it's a little upsetting to find this not to be the case.

well, I was cutting tiptoes a bit of slack. Just think she/he misread your style of humor, which I find wonderful, and much needed here at solo. I don't mind a bit of off topic silliness as long as it's not directed at someone in a hateful manner as some do with M.

Though anon IP Hash: d15bb581d7 in post #33 is playing the bully boy troll with his comments. And he is claiming in another thread that I called him something when in actuality I jokingly called anon IP Hash: b75215ef51 it. So is Anon d15bb581d7 and Anon b75215ef51 the same poster ? Fine, if that's the case, just like to know which troll is which. Though their writing tone is different to me.

Anyway, just another day in Solo land. :head-smack: :lbf: :)
aww you are tooooo sweet!

as I mentioned in the other thread it's the same guy. he seems to suffer from mood swings, which might explain the change in writing style ;)

well the thing with him is one minute he'll decide he's your enemy for no apparent reason, the next he'll be trying to tell you all about his childhood in czechoslavakia, but only if you ask reaaaalllly nicely and coax it out of him despite him volunteering the information in the first place. I have nothing against him, I just don't get his behaviour at all. but what can one do? let us light a candle and pray.:praying:

yes, but not all the anonymous trolls.

Can you show me the actual post where Benny violated TOS?

I think 99% of his posts are redundant. However, site administrator doesn't mind having him in here.

If you don't like reading Benny and other anonymous posts, you can put them on ignore.

Please stay on topic.

You can post a thread in site feedback forum if you want to discuss the issue.

Last edited:
I've never met M but I stood close to the stage at a gig and managed a few seconds of eye contact.

I thought he had kind eyes and a nice aura. He said "I'm doing my best, I really am", which I found endearing.

I met Brett Anderson from Suede last Saturday night and if I had to pick between him and Moz as someone to meet I'd pick Brett. Fantastic album Night Thoughts and he knows how to interact with an audience and make a connection.

I met Brett Anderson on a flight from NYC and, having been a huge suede fan for a long time and being all excited, all I could say was: "You are Brett Anderson!"

He was very sweet about it though.

Agree, Night Thoughts is a fantastic album.

Last edited:
I completely agree Brett makes a connection with the crowd. I've seen Suede many times, the last time was at The Round House in Kentish Town, where they played their new album Night thoughts to film. Brilliant night with lots of energy as always.

thank you, I did not know a new album was out. downloaded and listened. I agree, fantastic album.

OK I finally feel like sharing this Crazy Bulk review I found the other day:

In 2001 I was walking to the Sunset 5 in LA, and he walked out of a guitar shop in front of me. There was nobody else around. Of course he realized he'd been spotted, and I was flabbergasted and muttered something like "take care, man" as it was the 'wilderness years'. He was very quiet and nodded, shook my hand and got into his car. I was over the f***ing moon. I walked on and was late to meet friends at whatever movie it was, and had to wait ninety minutes before I could turn to them and blurt "I just met Morrissey!"

Great story, I'd love to meet Morrissey one day but I think I'd be too shy to say hello.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom