How many shows/after parties has Alain Whyte been spotted at?

King Leer

Leering since '97
I've noticed in a fair number of the tour recaps that people mention meeting Alain, either backstage or at after parties etc.

Is he just sort of following the gang around as moral support, or feeding Moz demos on the road or what? I hope he gets to enjoy the rider.

It's cool that he's a Good Looking Man About Town lately -- how about some quotes and new info from you lot?

I've noticed in a fair number of the tour recaps that people mention meeting Alain, either backstage or at after parties etc.

Is he just sort of following the gang around as moral support, or feeding Moz demos on the road or what? I hope he gets to enjoy the rider.

It's cool that he's a Good Looking Man About Town lately -- how about some quotes and new info from you lot?

Well according to some "rumors" here at home in West Hollywood, Moz is in talks with a record company. He has finished the west coast part of the tour and is here in WeHo for a few days......Im guessing Als maybe doing some tracks with Moz or simply enjoying the dead nice weather we're having here in LA. I'll have to check with my spys at Hugos and see if her madgestys been in for a cuppa or something.

I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl vip afterparty. He was there with his girlfriend. He kindly introduced me to her as one of the sweetest persons in the world. He is too kind. I was abashed. But I told her that Alain is actually the nicest guy in the world, and that's his official title! I also congratulated her on keeping him fit and making him look so good. Alain was very proud of his fitness, as he should be because he was looking very fit and fine. The only thing is that his facial stubble still rasped my face a little when he gave me a hug. I was hoping that a girlfriend in his life would make him shave more often, but I guess guys can't help their face stubble from becoming prickly after a long day. This is one reason why I prefer hugging women. ; ) No matter, he seems very happy, and I'm very happy about that.

I didn't find out anything new, that is anything you can't already read on the boards here. I hadn't seen him since late summer 2006, so I asked him when he had returned to L.A. He said October. I asked if he was taking it easy, and he said no, on the contrary he's been very busy writing songs for Morrissey. He was so excited about these songs. I asked if these songs were destined to become an album soon, and he replied to the effect of something more strongly than he doesn't know for sure. It seemed like he was telling me that plans for an album are a long way off rather than he doesn't know if Morrissey will record his songs. Damn, I should've asked what songs, if any, they have recorded. Doh!

I admitted to Alain that I deeply missed seeing him up onstage! He seemed touched by what I said. I know it's a sensitive subject, so I didn't go into it any further.

King Leer, do you know that the shows Alain has been spotted at are all within the greater-or-not-so-great Los Angeles area? Ventura is in the next county (northwest) over from L.A. county. Riverside (I don't know if he was there) is the next county over from L.A. in the east. It takes about an hour to drive to each of those places. AFAIK, Alain lives in L.A. (when he's not in London), so it's not that surprising that he shows up at the Moz gigs in his city. I don't think he's following the tour to faruff places per se.

I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl vip afterparty. He was there with his girlfriend. He kindly introduced me to her as one of the sweetest persons in the world. He is too kind. I was abashed. But I told her that Alain is actually the nicest guy in the world, and that's his official title! I also congratulated her on keeping him fit and making him look so good. Alain was very proud of his fitness, as he should be because he was looking very fit and fine. The only thing is that his facial stubble still rasped my face a little when he gave me a hug. I was hoping that a girlfriend in his life would make him shave more often, but I guess guys can't help their face stubble from becoming prickly after a long day. This is one reason why I prefer hugging women. ; ) No matter, he seems very happy, and I'm very happy about that.

I didn't find out anything new, that is anything you can't already read on the boards here. I hadn't seen him since late summer 2006, so I asked him when he had returned to L.A. He said October. I asked if he was taking it easy, and he said no, on the contrary he's been very busy writing songs for Morrissey. He was so excited about these songs. I asked if these songs were destined to become an album soon, and he replied to the effect of something more strongly than he doesn't know for sure. It seemed like he was telling me that plans for an album are a long way off rather than he doesn't know if Morrissey will record his songs. Damn, I should've asked what songs, if any, they have recorded. Doh!

I admitted to Alain that I deeply missed seeing him up onstage! He seemed touched by what I said. I know it's a sensitive subject, so I didn't go into it any further.

King Leer, do you know that the shows Alain has been spotted at are all within the greater-or-not-so-great Los Angeles area? Ventura is in the next county (northwest) over from L.A. county. Riverside (I don't know if he was there) is the next county over from L.A. in the east. It takes about an hour to drive to each of those places. AFAIK, Alain lives in L.A. (when he's not in London), so it's not that surprising that he shows up at the Moz gigs in his city. I don't think he's following the tour to faruff places per se.

A really good friend of mine thats from Ipswich (London) but, now lives in Santa Monica tells me, sir Alain has taken up residence in the same coastal city as him. I saw Al and his wife outside the Ventura gig, he waved from across the street as they jumpped in a jeep and drove off.

Thanks for the recaps/info.

If Alain has even more confidence in his recent songs coming off the back of tracks like Pigsty and Ganglord (two name but two), the bring them on!

Back
Top Bottom