Johnny Marr & The Healers @ The Deaf Institute 04/10/11

MrShankly93

Another great gig, Same set although there were rumours of a set change. Johnny was great tonight all smiths songs will be on youtube by tonight.

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

There Is A Light

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird...when Johnny plays Shakespeare's Sister it sounds like a secret song, or brand new. Rough, not like the one we all know, but alive and spontaneous.

When Morrissey plays it, it sounds good, but too good. Like a dead body, embalmed, waxy, realer than real-real.

It sounds like a different song, but I like the lyric change "I thought that if I played acoustic guitar..." - the lyric probably being aimed at him in the first place.

It sounds like a different song, but I like the lyric change "I thought that if I played acoustic guitar..." - the lyric probably being aimed at him in the first place.

Not sure about Shakespeare's Sister, but I always thought that about There Is A Light, so it was strange and sweet to hear Johnny singing it. Cute that Nile did the soundchecking at the venue too.

I didn't go to last night's gig - passed on my tickets to a mate - but I'll be there on Thursday. As a thank you for passing on the tickets she gave me this that she managed to blag off the roadie / sound engineer at the end :guitar:

IMG00782-20111005-1637.jpg
IMG00783-20111005-1637.jpg

Dave

It was a solid little gig. Great fun. Even thought I accidentally left our tickets at home and had to use my mobile email to convince them I'd bought tickets! (Oops! :eek:)

DSCF9179JohnnyDeafInstitute2011copy.jpg

im going tomorrow. will hopefully get a setlist up / pictures. quite suprised he didnt play bangin' on one of my fave healers songs.
it makes so much sense hearing the smiths songs live by marr and then mozzers solo performances. watched j.m + healers at the manchester v cancer gig, he can play the guitar/arrangment but mozzer has the voice. bring them together and it really is the smiths! ;) its like when i watched squire solo and then ian brown performing roses stuff

And I thought I'd never see the day to see Johnny Marr play "Sweet and Tendor Hooligan"
WHAT A SURPRISE! :guitar:

Im going tonight looking forwrd to it

Never been the deaf institute anyone any ideas on nearby parking????
Also what time is Marr expected on?? just i heard they cram you in their like sardines so not sure whether to get their early

Im going tonight looking forwrd to it

Never been the deaf institute anyone any ideas on nearby parking????
Also what time is Marr expected on?? just i heard they cram you in their like sardines so not sure whether to get their early

Johnny came on around 9.20pm on Tuesday - does get quite snug. Great venue and great atmosphere. I would get there nice and early - there is a bar right by the stage and if like Tuesday, Nile is doing all the soundchecking, its a great build up!

Johnny came on around 9.20pm on Tuesday - does get quite snug. Great venue and great atmosphere. I would get there nice and early - there is a bar right by the stage and if like Tuesday, Nile is doing all the soundchecking, its a great build up!

thanks looking forward to it

Back
Top Bottom