Marr-NME

Apologies if it has already been posted.

Matty.

The_Cribs___NME_Cover_by_matty2011.jpg

Hi-res: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/212/3/5/The_Cribs___NME_Cover_by_matty2011.jpg

What terrible haircuts :sick:

And the music is not that good....I've just heard a cover of 'Panic' on you tube...:sick:...the singer is atrocious.

I like everything Johnny says in interviews and he's touched heights few musicians will but man alive...career choices from hell. There were probably quite a few slagging off his stints with The The, Bryan Ferry and Electronic back in the day...

I don't want to come over all anti-NME or anti-Cribs, but the cover is trying a little too hard to make something of nothing.

The Return of The Cribs!

Erm... and?

Have they actually been anywhere?

What next, 'The Return of the Postman: we delve into what are local posty's been up to since he shoved a tree-load of junkmail through my letter box a whole 24 hours ago!'.

Odd. Just saying.

I don't want to come over all anti-NME or anti-Cribs, but the cover is trying a little too hard to make something of nothing.

The Return of The Cribs!

Erm... and?

What next, 'The Return of the Postman: we delve into what are local posty's been up to since he shoved a tree-load of junkmail through my letter box a whole 24 hours ago!'.

Odd. Just saying.

sensationalists , i agree

What terrible haircuts :sick:

And the music is not that good....I've just heard a cover of 'Panic' on you tube...:sick:...the singer is atrocious.

Areed

I like everything Johnny says in interviews and he's touched heights few musicians will but man alive...career choices from hell. There were probably quite a few slagging off his stints with The The, Bryan Ferry and Electronic back in the day...

Agreed again

I'm too lazy to say something on my own.

One thing that really interests me in the current music scene is why some bands have credibility and some don't. It seems to have nothing to do with the actual music, particularly in the indie genre. I can hear two bands that sound almost identical in musical terms yet one will be praised to the sky on sites like DIS, The Guardian, NME, yet the other will be dismissed as "landfill indie" dross.

Does anyone here actually like The Cribs? I think they are a cracking band who come in for a bit too much kneejerk criticism. Also bought the NME for only the second time since they stitched up Moz for this interview. Not bad.

Cheat On Me, was a video exclusive on MTV2, 2am, this morning, also saw it this morning, so obviously getting some good coverage. The band are playing in front of a silver backdrop.

Lol i was confused when i heard he was joining, but he just seems a nice person happy to work with anyone, not a snob at all, not saying that everyone else is.

Is the interview up anywhere yet?

The Return of The Cribs!

Erm... and?

Odd. Just saying.

Yeah, things must be desperate at NME if THIS is front page news...
Have they actually been anywhere you say...
Had we actually noticed they had gone!
Do we actually care!
Sorry Johnny, but you are better than this.

Does anyone here actually like The Cribs? I think they are a cracking band who come in for a bit too much kneejerk criticism. Also bought the NME for only the second time since they stitched up Moz for this interview. Not bad.

I'm a fan too. Many people are way too quick to judge them, labelling them indie crap whilst never having listened to the albums. For me they stand out dramatically from the rest of those NME hype bands.

I don't understand the whole "Marr is better than the Cribs attitude". The man can do what he wants no matter what Smiths fans think and what he wants is clearly to play with The Cribs. He's just doing what he loves and playing music with people he likes; this is exactly his level, no lower. I'd rather him play with the Cribs than do nothing just because he won't (well, we assume he won't) write another 'There is a light'.

I'm a fan too. Many people are way too quick to judge them, labelling them indie crap whilst never having listened to the albums. For me they stand out dramatically from the rest of those NME hype bands.

I don't understand the whole "Marr is better than the Cribs attitude". The man can do what he wants no matter what Smiths fans think and what he wants is clearly to play with The Cribs. He's just doing what he loves and playing music with people he likes; this is exactly his level, no lower. I'd rather him play with the Cribs than do nothing just because he won't (well, we assume he won't) write another 'There is a light'.

Just from personal experience it usually doesn't take me that long to judge if something is crap or not. I've watched youtube clips of the Cribs which for me was enough. Listening to a whole album will be tough if I can't handle a whole song, Marr or no Marr. Having said that if you like em you like em. There are far worse bands around. The cover and the headline is all NME. I bet the Cribs are probably embarrassed about it. Marr has played with way worse bands too and I'm not talking about Electronic and THE the! Marr has been in so many bands so he'll probably be in another one next week. He can do what he likes but we don't have to like what he does :D

Tags
marr cribs
Back
Top Bottom