Meat is murder

S

Speed

Did this song influence any of you? I don't want to start a war vegs vs non vegs, I respect everyone's opinion, I would just like to know if anybody was directly influenced by that song and quit eating meat because of it.

Everytime I eat a cheeseburger, I feel guilty.

It made me start to think about being vegetarian, I always tried to push the thoughts out of my mind, eating animals never felt right!
I finally gave-in to my feelings and I haven't meat or fish for three years now. It took me a while but I got there!
I feel much healthier both physically and metally.

well, as I write this, I am eating a delicious turkey, ham, and cheese sandwich....so, no.

> Did this song influence any of you? I don't want to start a war vegs vs
> non vegs, I respect everyone's opinion, I would just like to know if
> anybody was directly influenced by that song and quit eating meat because
> of it.

I was brought up as a vegetarian at home, although I did often eat meat in school and round other people's houses etc. i'd say that Meat is Murder hasn't been of too much influence to me, although recently I have tried (and failed) to return to my veggie ways.

> It made me start to think about being vegetarian, I always tried to push
> the thoughts out of my mind, eating animals never felt right!
> I finally gave-in to my feelings and I haven't meat or fish for three
> years now. It took me a while but I got there!
> I feel much healthier both physically and metally.

Veg'ism is a killer on spelling, though. Either that or those old Quiet Riot tunes have had just as much influence on you.

I'd like to say that it was Morrissey who inspired me to become a vegetarian, but I had already been one years before I'd ever heard of The Smiths or Morrissey.

But listening to Meat is Murder always reaffirms my committment to the cause!

> But listening to Meat is Murder always reaffirms my committment to the
> cause!

There is no "cause" in my opinion. If everyone went vegan, the world would be destroyed.

I do appreciate the idea of protecting animals, but then again, I don't think anyone should feel guilty about eating them.

That song definitely had an impact on me. I don't think it converted me to vegetarianism but it sure made me think.
I've been veggie for 8 years now. The thought of meat repulses me now. Blah.

Back
Top Bottom