Morrissey and Marr - a new collaboration by the end of 2011, yes or no?

A Morrissey and Marr collaboration (at least one new song or a live performance)?

• Total voters
God I loved Nicholson as the Joker. He oughta reprise that role in Heath's permanent absence. Get Zooey Deschanel to be Harley Quinn. :yum:

Warner said after this last Nolan Batman is released they are going to reboot the franchise. So we'll have to sit through yet ANOTHER origin story. I'd rather they just get Burton and Keaton back so they could finish off their trilogy. That way, we could have Jack back.

Nicholson was actually going to reprise The Joker in a few fear gas hallucinations but then Schumacher came along & f***ed it up for eveyone.

Most people who didn't grow up with Batman 89 can't understand all the Nicholson/Keaton love. I personally prefer it to the Dark Knight, though realistically, it is a better written movie. Heath who?

Morrissey. I felt obligated to at least mention him once. Lol.

god i just imagined johnny and morrissey playing on glastonbury together
reason theokay for glasto concert announcement
was that slow was that one of them were unsure about it
but finally agreed ...
wahhhhh
..glastonbury of all places ...rarely one of the irregular regulars in sight..and
there it happens?

oh my.what these harmless twittering can result in..:crazy:

Last edited:
Although most likely nonsense, I did wonder if this rumour has something to do with the Johnny Marr solo project that has been talked about. It occurred to me before that Johnny might be co-writing songs with various singers/lyricists for the album - and Morrissey might be one of them. Obviously, as I say though, it's most likely nonsense...

Last edited:
Although most likely nonsense, I did wonder if this rumour has something to do with the Johnny Marr solo project that has been talked about. It occurred to me before that Johnny might be co-writing songs with various singers/lyricists for the album - and Morrissey might be one of them. Obviously, as I say though, it's most likely nonsense...

This came to mind for me as well. After all, we haven't heard much more on Johnny's end, and Boz is either reluctant to say anything about new material (rightfully so, why should he?) or to some degree uninvolved -- which is always a possibility..

You've been saying this for years and years, Peter. It won't happen.

Nah, Marr hasn't written a decent song since 1997. If they can't create something new & special I'd rather they didn't bother. What's the point of re-treading old ground?

Nah, Marr hasn't written a decent song since 1997. If they can't create something new & special I'd rather they didn't bother. What's the point of re-treading old ground?

That's kind. I'd go with 1991.

Dwindling sales may encourage Morrissey to look elsewhere for collaborators, surely that being the case his old compadres is an obvious direction, but not the only one.

I'm having Vivid by Electronic & The Boy Done Good with Billy Bragg. Nothing to catch the imagination since.

I thought the music to For You by Electrics was brilliant. The couple of Cribs singles I heard weren't bad either.
The more I think about this rumoured collaboration, the more I expect it will be Stephen Street, if indeed there is any truth in it.
Street was hugely gushing (on his website) about meeting Moz a few months back, and he wouldn't really have anything to lose in collaborating with him again (unlike Marr).

Back
Top Bottom