Morrissey Marriage Music

I'm struggling with how 'slap me on the patio' could be considered 'sweet and romantic', tbh. Also, some people think the song has other unpleasant undertones, but hey, what do I know?
Also “people see no worth in you, oh but I do” — this is wedding appropriate? each side of the family would wonder about who that line pertained to, at minimum

There is a Light that Never goes out.
Swallow on my Neck
Forgive Someone
No one can Hold a Candle to You (cover)
Is It Really So Strange?

I thought of There Is A Light but it's just too negative...for me it's a tragic, melancholy song.
I thought of Swallow On My Neck too but I'm just not clear on if it's a love song...? Funeral parlor...? It has the right joyous feel musically though.
Forgive Someone is one of my favorite Morrissey songs...but it's not on Spotify!
I don't really like his covers...I'd sooner just pick the original. BUT that is a great song choice.
Is It Really So Strange is another favorite of both of us...but it just seems too negative. It seems like the person he's singing to is rejecting him and finds him creepy.

Also “people see no worth in you, oh but I do” — this is wedding appropriate? each side of the family would wonder about who that line pertained to, at minimum

It's a romantic line about seeing what's special about somebody else even if others can't. Our families weren't there.

"Slap me on the patio" is a fun, sexy, flirtatious line. Nothing wrong with that.

Am I alone in find Reel Around the Fountain more sinister with plenty of devious undertones rather than romantic?

Each to their own, of course.

Back
Top Bottom