Morrissey-solo Wiki Log in

Lucifer Sam

الموت لأمريكا
I'm trying to log in to the Morrissey-solo Wiki to create an entry for Pamela Anderson. Following the instructions, I'm clicking "Log in" at the top right and then the "Log in with Xenforo" button. But when I do that, it tells me "Incorrect username or password entered. Please try again." The username and password are my browser's autofill for my Morrissey-solo account (e-mail address and password). I tried the other option, the standard log in, but that got the same result: "Incorrect username or password entered. Please try again."

I'm trying to log in to the Morrissey-solo Wiki to create an entry for Pamela Anderson. Following the instructions, I'm clicking "Log in" at the top right and then the "Log in with Xenforo" button. But when I do that, it tells me "Incorrect username or password entered. Please try again." The username and password are my browser's autofill for my Morrissey-solo account (e-mail address and password). I tried the other option, the standard log in, but that got the same result: "Incorrect username or password entered. Please try again."
Try same username but leaving the password blank.

Sorry it's a little confusing, I'll look to see if it can be made a bit simpler. Feedback appreciated!

Edit: Note added to main wiki page login section about leaving password field blank.

Last edited:
There is a bit of a learning curve but FWD and I will be glad to help with any questions.

Success. Thank you.
Try popping this in to the blank page to start you off. As it is collaborative, don't panic if you see things change or have idiosyncratic site conventions applied thereafter.

== Relevance ==
{{Page
|DiscogsArtistId=
|WikipediaPageTitle=
}}

As everything has a category - how about:
[[Category:Influences on Morrissey - Film and Television]]

Perhaps there's even a new use case for [[Category::Influences on Morrissey - Activists]]
But she's covered by film & tv to start with.
Inbox if need be.
Regards,
FWD.

I made the page, if that's okay. The only trouble I had is that it didn't accept my caption of the photo.

If I click on the picture for larger resolution, or if I try to edit it, the caption appears beneath the specs. But it doesn't appear in the white field beneath the photo on the entry page, like captions do on Wikipedia.

Initial info looks good. We try to keep a consistent format, it's easy to add wikipedia or discogs info by adding the relevant ID in the 'edit page properties' link on the left of the page or by adding it directly into the template FWD posted above.

I usually look for a similar page and copy the source, for example I chose someone in the film/television references. View/edit source of:

Still a work in progress. Added a "relevance" sub-header. Will edit to include a Wikipedia excerpt.

For auto-generated info like Wikipedia excerpt, you'll likely need to use the 'edit source' option to modify the code.

Sorry if too technical, we can help fix details later.

For this example to add wikipedia entry, would need to copy the ID of the page, I copy that part of the wikipedia entry, in this case "Pamela_Anderson". Using FWD's template above, the source would look similar to:

{{Page
|DiscogsArtistId=
|WikipediaPageTitle=Pamela_Anderson
}}

I wonder why my links don't get the nice boxed treatment when I use the code for unfurl="true." It just comes up as a naked URL.

I wonder why my links don't get the nice boxed treatment when I use the code for unfurl="true." It just comes up as a naked URL.
I changed one link using | as an example - is that what you meant?
Regards,
FWD.

Regards,
FWD.

When davidt used the code [URL unfurl="true"] in reply #7, his link to the Anna Magnani page got formatted in a handsome box with a thumbnail picture. When I used the exact same code in reply #10, my link to the Pamela Anderson page didn't show up in the same format. It's just the ugly old URL.

When davidt used the code [URL unfurl="true"] in reply #7, his link to the Anna Magnani page got formatted in a handsome box with a thumbnail picture. When I used the exact same code in reply #10, my link to the Pamela Anderson page didn't show up in the same format. It's just the ugly old URL.

I just posted the link (https://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Pamela_Anderson) and let the forum software format the link. Some links have issues for some reasons. Trying here:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Pamela_Anderson

Edit: same result

Regards,
FWD.

Looking at the page now, I see what you're referring to. Is that the format you'd prefer us to use for the Wikipedia Information? I can see the desire for uniformity across the Wiki, but I'm a firm believer in hyperlinks being text, not naked URLs. It looks more streamlined that way.

Back
Top Bottom