NME Article Impact

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Europeans, M the 23rd excluded, are gonna wonder WTF happened to the forums overnight.

They are at work or having breakfast I believe....

11 hr difference?

I really have to pack....

To be honest, at the time I didn't really understand the Union Jack Racism thing at all! I just loved the pics of Moz, always thought it was a cool looking flag, had seen it used before - and didn't really understand how anybody could get so tight assed about everything that they wouldn't mind saying that their own flag = racism. :confused::confused::confused: I still don't really get it? At the time I was 13 or 14 and I figured I simply did not know enough about British culture to understand... Moz was silent... I didn't get it, and so I didn't pay much attention to it. I know I liked NME at the time that it happened... chock full o Moz as it was! But I didn't understand the whole accusation... and now I see it is not because I was naive but because it was a bunch of fabricated crap!

as it is this time. no love for the nme.

anyways I have not bought one in years!

:p

I was worried when I heard of the 'Flying the flag' piece. It would have meant me taking a HUGE step back from the world of Moz. When I read it. It was clear the NME had decided it was oor Moz's turn to get it. He was too clever to give them the oxygen they craved by responding. This time I hope he gives them a good kicking.

This reminds me of a something. If I suspect I'm speaking to a journalist about Morrissy/Smiths, I generally say something like: I must warn you. If the piece is in anyway anti-Morrissey or you misquote me. There is nothing more dangerous than a disguntled Morrissey apostle who doesn't even care for their own life and I will find you.

Once day at The Salford lads club this woman asked if she could ask me some things and film it. I told something like that to her. She assured me Morrissey had sanctioned her work and it would not be anti-Morrissey. The woman was LInder Sterling and the recording ended up on the extra of Who put the M...

This reminds me of a something. If I suspect I'm speaking to a journalist about Morrissy/Smiths, I generally say something like: I must warn you. If the piece is in anyway anti-Morrissey or you misquote me. There is nothing more dangerous than a disguntled Morrissey apostle who doesn't even care for their own life and I will find you.

Once day at The Salford lads club this woman asked if she could ask me some things and film it. I told something like that to her. She assured me Morrissey had sanctioned her work and it would not be anti-Morrissey. The woman was LInder Sterling and the recording ended up on the extra of Who put the M...

OK, so there's one person who can be trusted. That's a good story... how nice to hear someone be so loyal to your friend.

I remember approaching you at the bike ride, camera in hand (as I normally check its ok to picture someone - manners:rolleyes:) and immediately got quizzed on where I was from and did I work for the NME!

Ah well you know me better now.

I remember approaching you at the bike ride, camera in hand (as I normally check its ok to picture someone - manners:rolleyes:) and immediately got quizzed on where I was from and did I work for the NME!

Ah well you know me better now.

Even when they know your stance. They are willing to be devious. Sometimes I've ended up in print in some Morrissey/Smiths related article without knowing, or with what I actually said being twisted. Thankfully they have been ok. There is one exception and I'll get her in time. I'm not going to tell you more because well, ironically, there is no such thing as bad publicity and she would just love to be written about on this board.

Bet you had fun with TWP in Dublin. Wished I was there.

Even when they know your stance. They are willing to be devious. .

You spooked me at the time as I was racking my brains about how I was going to convince you I was innocent for a few minutes. I've been mistaken for a few things before - but this was a new one on me.

Bet you had fun with TWP in Dublin. Wished I was there.

One of my favourite gigs of the year, small venue, narrow stage - friendly mosh and all the bruises to prove it - I'm now in gig withdrawal for a couple of weeks. We'd have loved to have seen you there and for the all night drinking session that went on for hours/days.

I can't gauge how this will really go over in England, but seriously... nobody in America gives a shit about the NME, and anyone who does read the piece can clearly see the NME's tactics... Morrissey's words say what they say. At worst, he's nostalgic and sentimental. But that's part of his charm.

word

Yeah - to tell the truth I see this as a money grabbing publicity scam from both sides. Its really not part of my day. I can honestly say that at no point before I came home and logged onto the message board that I was thinking about the "Morrissey situation and NME."

"I'm WAL-ter Cron-KITE and this is hour thrEE of the Morrissey crisis in England...."

"I'm Tom Bro-kaaaaw and this is NBCee's coverage of MORE-issey"

Not happening

word. and lolz.

The real impact of this accusation of racism is that Dave, NRITH, Morrissey the 23rd, Myself and others are all finding themselves posting in General Discussion instead of Other Topic.

bahaha. :p

preggers and buzzetta, you guys are the voice of reason.

I'm so sick of reading about this already. theres 20 f***ing threads about it. enough! it's so blown out of proportion.

word

word. and lolz.

bahaha. :p

preggers and buzzetta, you guys are the voice of reason.

I'm so sick of reading about this already. theres 20 f***ing threads about it. enough! it's so blown out of proportion.

Since I am alone in my hotel room overlooking a windy cold rainy San Diego bay.... I thought I would let you know that I am listening to Dave Matthews doing a cover of "The Maker" as I write here and and am about to place an order through Banana Republic (friends and family weekend).

I know how much you love DMB... lol -

Someone pray for sun tomorrow.

i think that Morrissey has more creative ways of making money :/ I doubt being labeled a Racist again is a money making scheme for him, I always find such accusations really out of whack... maybe that is just me and I grossly undervalue currency :confused:

I would have agreed with you until that Arturo leaked e-mail from Morrissey (last year) to Merck after The Youngest Was the Most Loved single flopped, wherein Morrissey cites his "controversial animal right's remarks" as being a major reason his single should be getting more attention and playtime.

Morrissey knows how to play the media game better than anyone. He uses them and vice-versa. NME stepped over the lines, and it appears Morrissey has a very competent manager in Merck who documented everything. If there is any justice in the English legal system, Morrissey will win his defamation of character lawsuit, it will keep him in the news, and provide a good deal of interest when his "new" album hits shelves later this year. Given the extra attention now on Morrissey, I'd humbly suggest the album better be a damn good one too.

Since I am alone in my hotel room overlooking a windy cold rainy San Diego bay.... I thought I would let you know that I am listening to Dave Matthews doing a cover of "The Maker" as I write here and and am about to place an order through Banana Republic (friends and family weekend).

I know how much you love DMB... lol -

Someone pray for sun tomorrow.

ugghhh. :rolleyes:

I'll forgive you, but only b/c you saved me from getting knifed in a Dunkin Donuts.

Back
Top Bottom