Ringleader

S

Spleen

Everyone seems to really love OR really dislike ROTT, and i'm just wondering if this is for the sake of arguing with those who disagree with them. Everyone's opinions seem pretty extreme and some unfounded, having made up their minds about it before even hearing it.

I personally think it's a pretty good album without the most profound lyrical content of Moz's career, musically superior to YATQ and generally a better standard of tracks throughout, maybe just lacking a couple of killer singles like IBEH and FOTGTD. Moz's vocals on this record are also excellent and I wouldn't omit anything from it, except perhaps IJWTSTBH.

I'm just wondering whether you think people's opinions might change over the next couple of months after all the hype settles down?

I think some people on here just like to wind people up. They couldn't care less about the album.

> Everyone seems to really love OR really dislike ROTT, and i'm just
> wondering if this is for the sake of arguing with those who disagree with
> them. Everyone's opinions seem pretty extreme and some unfounded, having
> made up their minds about it before even hearing it.

> I personally think it's a pretty good album without the most profound
> lyrical content of Moz's career, musically superior to YATQ and generally
> a better standard of tracks throughout, maybe just lacking a couple of
> killer singles like IBEH and FOTGTD. Moz's vocals on this record are also
> excellent and I wouldn't omit anything from it, except perhaps IJWTSTBH.

> I'm just wondering whether you think people's opinions might change over
> the next couple of months after all the hype settles down?
i too like it, and keep listening to it. I too remarked that i thought some songs were awful - during my first few listens , in particular "the father who must be killed".
However i think the songs flow really well and i've overcome any ill feelings. Currently i'd rather listen to it than any other Morrissey album if that means anything).

Back
Top Bottom