Steve Lillywhite on Morrissey

Thanks, this is cute and made me smile. :)
*runs off to make Morrissey some Morrissey t-shirts*
I think it is cute too.:sweet: (I mean, the story about his hair).
I don't understand why that should make him strange.:confused:I understand him very well. I am like him, I am afraid.I would not like beeing seen looking neglected!:D I would be very embarrassed!:cool:
Morrissey without his quiff is a naked Morrissey.:guitar:

All I know is that I miss Kirsty desperately - and yeah, Steve was a good producer. But a terrible husband. :mad:

IMorrissey without his quiff is a naked Morrissey.:guitar:

AGREED! I think the hair and shirt story and both cute. (The whole thing actually, but those bits esp.) He's a well-kept man who likes to present himself very well kept/put together. I don't see that as strange either. I am the saaame way.

All I know is that I miss Kirsty desperately - and yeah, Steve was a good producer. But a terrible husband. :mad:

Do tell. I know they were divorced at the time of her death, but that's all I know.

About the other Steve and his hair: I don't think it's strange either, he just takes care & pride in his appearance. I've heard tell there are women who won't leave the house without their make-up on (never met any tho) - it's much the same thing.

on the importance of being morrissey documentary he visits "trumpers" in london for a haircut and a "slap around the chops" as he calls it (a facial) . The bit where he takes over from the young barber and finishes his hair himself is hilarious and it only takes him about 30 seconds followed by a look to camera a knowing smile and "voila". He has had variations on the same barnet for at least 25 years so surely he has it off pat now .

So on the topic of producers talking about Morrissey, ages ago, like a few years there was a front page story here on moz solo about an article Stephen Street wrote on the Viva Hate recording sessions .. I can't find it anywhere but it was a really great read, I remember bits like apparently the band (Moz included) got into a big play fight/wrestle in the hallway of the studio one night, then about how there was a really sombre atmosphere the night Morrissey did the vocal for Maudlin Street and everyone sort of left abruptly after it was done. Either way, does anyone have this somewhere or a link to it online? One of the best articles on Morrissey I've read and damn I didn't save it.

Yeah, the Stephen Street stories (as I recall) present a fun & sociable side of Morrissey in contrast to the "mysterious man of few words" that Lillywhite describes.

Back
Top Bottom