The Smiths - "Complete" CD box set released (UK - Sep. 26, 2011)

The Smiths - "Complete" CD box set is out now in the UK. Details of the release on the Rhino UK site.

The vinyl box set and collector's box set are released in one week on Oct. 3.

smiths_complete_cd_cover.jpg

smiths_complete_cd_contents.jpg

Related items:

Last edited:
I ordered this two months ago but I have not received it yet and Rhino won't even reply to my emails. The worst thing is that when I check out the state of my order it says processed and "last updated: 27-7-2011". Now that's what I call an awful service. Last time I ever buy anything from Rhino. To those who already have them. Are the sleeves better now in these mini-vinyl replicas? are the lyrics included?

hi... i work for rhino, i have specifically worked on this project and its disappointing to hear you are having problems with our store operator. if you post your order number up here i will contact you as soon as possible with an update on your order. (i can get all your details if i have the order no.). best regards..

hi... i work for rhino, i have specifically worked on this project and its disappointing to hear you are having problems with our store operator. if you post your order number up here i will contact you as soon as possible with an update on your order. (i can get all your details if i have the order no.). best regards..

Hi, thanks a lot for offering your help. Incidentally I have just received an email from Rhino regarding my order. It seems there was a problem with the supplier and my order won't be dispatched until today so I guess it will take at least one week to get here to Spain. They sent me a link to download a digital version of The Queen is Dead to make up for the delay so I take back what I said about their service, I guess these things happen and no one's to blame though it would have been good to know about it beforehand, I was getting quite worried about it, especially considering everybody seems to be enjoying it by now and I had pre-ordered it on the very same day it was announced.
Anyways, I'll have to be patient, that's life.
Can you tell me something about the vinyl replicas? do they include the lyrics and original photos?
thanks again for helping.

I got the I Tunes download yesterday and I must say they sound great. Jeane just sounded awesome in the car this morning!

I got the I Tunes download yesterday and I must say they sound great. Jeane just sounded awesome in the car this morning!

Let's hope they mastered it so it can sound good on a budget hi-fi too ;)

It's strange that this keep continues deleting all references to Morrisseysworld pretending it's some kind of evil website when it's now the second biggest morrissey site on the web and appears to have Morrissey's official endorsement, as well as Boy george's!

is it really such a terrible thing to let the morrissey fans know there are numerous stories over there you haven't yet got on this site 24 later?

Pete Johnson

Off topic

Last edited by a moderator:
can anybody already confirm which one is a double album and which one a single? maybe i'm too stupid, but can´t find anything out there, so far."8 albums with replica packaging (5 LPs and 3 double LPs)"

Errr...I know for a FACT that Johnny Marr worked with Frank Arkwright on it.

yer right, Gary Reynolds from Warner London said Johnny worked 2 weeks with Frank Arkwright in a London studio,
he wrote that after I stated the same on Facebook, and Gary personally replied on my facebook privately

so my apologies, Johnny Marr did work on the albums with a producer named Frank Arkwright

[makes it more interesting to buy the cd box after all]

:guitar:

Last edited:
can anybody already confirm which one is a double album and which one a single? maybe i'm too stupid, but can´t find anything out there, so far."8 albums with replica packaging (5 LPs and 3 double LPs)"

The Smiths-single
Meat Is Murder-single
The Queen Is Dead-Gatefold
Strangeways-single
Rank- Gatefold, with poster
Hatful- Gatefold
The World- Single
Louder- Gatefold

The Smiths-single
Meat Is Murder-single
The Queen Is Dead-Gatefold
Strangeways-single
Rank- Gatefold, with poster
Hatful- Gatefold
The World- Single
Louder- Gatefold

Thank you. so it`s bollocks that there are 5 LP`s and 3 doubles. Why is rhino posting this on their site? Rather strange behaviour...Maybe I am going to buy the CD set for the car....But i will wait until a couple more people say that it is worth. mostly i am a bit dissapointed, when i do listen to remastered versions...and also no bonus cuts....

They managed to fit the whole of 'Louder Than Bombs' on one piece of vinyl? That's impossible, isn't it?

I don't know about vinyl but it's on one cd yes. I couldn't recommend this set enough, it really sounds great, if you aren't conviced then you should read the reviews on amazon.

Thank you. so it`s bollocks that there are 5 LP`s and 3 doubles. Why is rhino posting this on their site? Rather strange behaviour...Maybe I am going to buy the CD set for the car....But i will wait until a couple more people say that it is worth. mostly i am a bit dissapointed, when i do listen to remastered versions...and also no bonus cuts....

I would have thought that logically the 3 double albums in the vinyl box set will be 'Hatful Of Hollow', 'The World Won't Listen' & 'Louder Than Bombs'.

Just having a good flick through on good ol' spotify. I've done quite a bit of recording myself and
think they've done a decent job overall - they had decent mixes to work with though so that's no
surprise. A bit of EQ here compression there reigning in the reverb in parts (very big in the 80's, literally) and general jiggery pokery - that's what remastering is.

Some songs sound better - the first album in particular but the deficiencies of that are well
documented. Others don't - Shoplifters stands out from what I've listened to. Of course these are digital versions. The CDs will have a different sound and I'd be interested to hear the vinyl
versions but my empty piggy bank dictates that will most probably never happen.

My advice is if you think it's a rip off don't buy it. Personally I'm having a good time listening to The Smiths again.

I got my package at last and what a real beauty it is. The detail in the replicas is amazing. This is an absolutely must-have even if like me you already have all the records. An absolute bargain, too (the CD package, I mean, not the complete version which is far too expensive)

Anyone notice that the single version of "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" is missing from The Smiths - Complete? I've listened to the version on the remastered The World Won't Listen and it doesn't seem to be any different than the TQID version. I've also compared it to my un-remastered versions of the song and again it sounds like the album version, not the single one.

I'm not sure what to make of this, especially since it is well known that the album version was used instead of the single version on The Singles Album and in the 2009 CD Singles Boxset. Thoughts?

Does anyone know if there is anything different on "The World Won't Listen" that isn't already on the other discs, other than "Money Changes Everything" and has the studio version of "The Draize Train" been remastered & available? An advanced Thank You to anyone who can tell me this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom